Different DC Paint Job

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Different DC Paint Job

Post by MKE »

I finally got my shop florescent blacklight and its a little more powerfull than what i thought it would be. so i was in walmart today and i found the krylon floruescent paint. but, unlike the other krylon paints, it didnt say it stuck to plastics. what i was wondering is, has anyone done a blacklight dc or any system) paint job using that paint. if so, how did it turn out. and if you used a different paint, what did you use. i think having the 20 consoles florescent colors would look kinda cool, and different so i need to know.
Eggdome
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Eggdome »

I've never used that paint before, but I'd imagine that if you were gonna paint your DC with a paint that isn't made for plastics, it would probably be a good idea to use a plastic primer first. I know that rusto (rustoleum.com) has a good plastic primer,but it only comes in white if I'm not mistaken. You can probably search around on the net for some sort of clear plastic primer. That way you could apply that and then use the krylon.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

but its the krylon paint, the paint that i thought was suggested to be used for painting the cases. plus, when i just looked at the can, it sais you can paint roadcones and other plastic peices so ill try it, if it doesnt work oh well.
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
TheGreatCraig
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by TheGreatCraig »

Krylon clear coat then that paint? That would create a bit of a base to paint on.
"Die Turtles!!!!!!!!!"
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

well, im on kinda a tight buget to try all the different types of paint. and yeah, i have the cases to test it on, but i guess no one else has felt the need to have blacklight sensitive equipment.

but i will try the clear coat sicne your the only person who replied to my post with an answer.
dotmatrix
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by dotmatrix »

just sand your case. i have painted several computers, and i just sand the front pieces (plastic), and always use regular spray paint. i'm sure it will be fine. the worst that could happen is you'd have to buy a new case for $20.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

well, i have 3 dc case to "experiment" on so buyin a new one isnt a problem. but what i will probably do is try it on some other plastic peices i own.

if this works, im gonna spay my record play "?hand?" thing the green color, etc. i have a crapload of ideas but i need a working process to paint the stuff.