Japanese video game commercials

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Japanese video game commercials

Post by DeGamer1 »

Anyone know a good site that has Japanese video game commercials?

I recently saw some of Segata Sanshiro at SegaXTreme and man were they hilarious :lol:

EDIT: Found this as well: http://www.defunctgames.com/mediaarchive.htm
Last edited by DeGamer1 on Sun Jan 13, 2002 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oh, no. NO! You can't do this to me. Don't give me a playstation. NOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want a piece of crap. Take it back and burn it to heeelll!!! Die Sony Computer Entertainment with you PS (Piece of Sh?t) and your PS 2 (Piece of Sh?t?2)
The Kron_

Post by The Kron_ »

Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

There's a few game ads on these pages, there's also some non-game ads too. Watching The Simpson's speak Japanese is weird:

http://www.nothing-sacred.net/articles/017/
http://www.darkcityproductions.com/features02.shtml
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

while on the subject... Does anyone know where i can get English video game commercials? id like to have the good ol sega ones from the genesis days....ahh yes....SEGA!

The early DC commercials rocked too.."its's thinking"
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

no... believe me... those adverts were so lame...

They were all on the theme of "having a haircut"... :roll:

If I had a video card I could probably do you a long montage of various sega UK promo stuff (back in the days when the best freeby you got for a console magazine was a video - no playable demos ever for some reason :wink: )...

Im guessing one or two of the other brits here just might have similar videos knocking about somewhere... unless they *all* taped over them like happened to most of my PSX ones...
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

are you talking about the DC ad campaign? I liked it
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

no... it was a fat barber with goggles... they were *bad*....
Jelly_Warrior
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Jelly_Warrior »

Hahah, i remember that one, i have it a video tape that i got from a English game magazine ages ago!

T'was "Mean Machines Sega" (issue 1) i think
biohazard
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

sega

Post by biohazard »

I USED to have the Segata Sanshiro theme in mp3, but my computer got formatted and I lost it. It was a great song, does anybody know where I can get it?
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

sega

Post by DeGamer1 »

Thanks guys. Those movies will make a great GypPlay CD :mrgreen:
biohazard wrote: I USED to have the Segata Sanshiro theme in mp3, but my computer got formatted and I lost it. It was a great song, does anybody know where I can get it?
I have that MP3. I downloaded it 4 days ago. But the site is dead now :(
PM your email and I'l send it to you.
Oh, no. NO! You can't do this to me. Don't give me a playstation. NOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want a piece of crap. Take it back and burn it to heeelll!!! Die Sony Computer Entertainment with you PS (Piece of Sh?t) and your PS 2 (Piece of Sh?t?2)
LukeD
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by LukeD »

I used to have the 2 Sega Saturn commercials where they make fun of the other systems. Anyone have those? It was the "Pretendo" commercial where they talk about how the N64 had only a few games but Saturn had "tons of them." Then you see a N64 get shot out of the air. The second was the "Play Thing" commercial where you see the PSX in a crib with a whiney babys head and arms and legs. They went into detail of some of the specs on how the Saturn was better. Anyone have these commercials?
It's all About the Pentiums!!!
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

LukeD you are a genius!!! I forgot about those :o

/me quickly runs off and goes on a quest to find those 2 videos.
LukeD
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by LukeD »

If you find them let me know. I used to have them but that was on my old Pentium 133 with a 1 GB HD so back then I had to delete files just to install a new game. :( Sorry to say I deleted them years ago quickly trying to make space for a new game. I even had a video of the, then "upcoming" Sonic Extreme. Dang it I wish I had those. :cry:
LukeD
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by LukeD »

While you are at it look for the "Fly plaything, fly" and the "Go away Pretendo, dont you have a drain to unclog?" commercials. Ah back then SEGA had the best commercials. 8)
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

LukeD wrote: The second was the "Play Thing" commercial where you see the PSX in a crib with a whiney babys head and arms and legs. They went into detail of some of the specs on how the Saturn was better.
I finally found the Plaything commercia, thanks to someone from Saturn World, which is now known as IGN. (it's 3.12 MB so anyone who wants it let me know if you can receive files that large in your email.)

However, what you describe here is very different from what I have and what I remember seeing on TV. What I have is a Nights Into Dreams Commercial that states that the psx is incapable of handling such a game. Then then show a persons hands holding a psx and the narrator says : Fly Plaything, fly. U r note. Then the person holding the psx throws it off a skyscraper!!!! This commercial ROCKS!
LukeD wrote: It was the "Pretendo" commercial where they talk about how the N64 had only a few games but Saturn had "tons of them." Then you see a N64 get shot out of the air.
Can you go more into detail on that one? I have not found anything on that one :(
LukeD
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by LukeD »

Thanks DeGamer,

Is that 3.12 MB Unzipped or zipped?

I forgot most of the Pretendo commercial sorry. I do remember the narrator asking why Sega Saturn is better than the N64. then he said, "They're called GAMES! Sega Saturn has tons of them. Nintendo has just a few." Then you see a N64 fly into the air like a skeet shoot and a dude with a shotgun blows it out of the air.
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

Wow, I must have been living under a rock during that time...wait...I was living under a rock. The only old game commercial I remember was the Genesis vs. SNES where the SNES was still at the starting line and the Genesis burnt rubber. I wish I had a collection of those great commercials. It would truly rock. However, the Dreamcast commercials stunk so bad, I could only remember 1 of them. It was the one during the Superbowl with the dude from Quake 3, Moss, Iverson, and Martinez. Now that was a great commercial. Also, I remember the WSB 2K1 with Pedro. It was good too although the game was spotty.
Enki-14
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Enki-14 »

where do you guys live? Some of the commericals you are describing I have never even seen before. I wouldn't mind having some of those either.