Just Say No by Sega...Bad News For Xbox Owners

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Just Say No by Sega...Bad News For Xbox Owners

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

The word is that Sega is apparently giving the Xbox the snub with respect to the release of the upcomming Chihiro (Xbox based) arcade games of Virtua Cop 3 and Outrun 2. Built on the same architecture as The House of the Dead 3, everyone who was looking forward to this game in the arcades was expecting an Xbox release, but it appears that is not in the plans for Sega due to the fact that the cost of developing a gun for Virtua Cop 3 for a console would be too expensive - - > you can insert your obligatory Animal House referrence here if you like < - - and that since the Xbox has under-performed in Japan, they would see it as a waste to release the game at all. You can check it up over at Gamespot here:

http://www.gamespot.com/arcade/action/v ... 76683.html

If you ask me, who really cares about the performance of the Xbox in Japan. Sure, it is #2, but it is doing well where it really counts, and that is the US. Sega is neither confirming or denying this report, but I think it spells bad news for Sega fans looking for some retro-resurrection on their Xbox.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
nymus
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by nymus »

The return of the ultimate gaming system is imminent...

Mark my words, the Dream is alive...

I feel it in the water; I feel it in the earth; I feel it in the air.
behold the mind
inspired by Dreamcast
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

Although we can count out a Dreamcast resurrection by Sega (but buy Puyo Puyo Fever for Dreamcast when it comes out), I sure would like to see another Sega console. However, considering the success of the Xbox (except in Japan) and Microsofts resolve, I don't see room for 4 consoles.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

lame
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by MystiK »

I don't see room for 4 consoles.

why not? For a short time, the SNES,Genesis,Playstation and Saturn were in existence simultaneously.
French Connection United Kingdom should be renamed to French Union Connection Klothing
nymus
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by nymus »

behold the mind
inspired by Dreamcast
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

MystiK wrote:
I don't see room for 4 consoles.

why not? For a short time, the SNES,Genesis,Playstation and Saturn were in existence simultaneously.
yeah, but isnt it funny how Sega always got snubbed out? I think the Genesis was still popular AFTER Saturn died.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
DreamservVMU
DC Browser Guy

Post by DreamservVMU »

yeah i kinda like the idea of SEGA finally being in a position to SNUB some now...SNUB EM ALL SEGA!!!(except where you can make out like a bandit of course)..:)
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

I hope this means that we'll see Outrun2 on the ps2. If we do, at least I'll be able to stomach using mine.
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

i just got an xbox and am somewhat disapointed in the library... panzer dragoon orta wasn't as good as i hoped... Jet set future is good though
.... i have yet to play any dead or alive games hopefully they're good
i'm not a FPS fan so halo is out

i guess i best mod the unit so i can emulate :)

(please note i'm refering games exclusive to xbox only)
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Re: Just Say No by Sega...Bad News For Xbox Owners

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Sultan of Saturn wrote:that is not in the plans for Sega due to the fact that the cost of developing a gun for Virtua Cop 3 for a console would be too expensive
Except two things are wrong with that statement:
1) Outrun doesnt need a light gun
2) Theres already a light gun game out on Xbox *by Sega* in HOTD3 - or in other words the Xbox has just as many sega developed light gun games as the DC did.

I think they're just saying that to avoid hurting anyones feelings.
Sega have sold worst on the Xbox than either PS2 or GC (GC has had the largest amount of sega games sold) and their withdrawl from Xbox support has been fairly obvious for a while now, although this news is disapointing, its not exactly a huge shock.

Seems most Xbox fans only really want to play FPS and third person shooters.
Sultan of Saturn wrote: If you ask me, who really cares about the performance of the Xbox in Japan. Sure, it is #2, but it is doing well where it really counts, and that is the US.
1) Its not number two.

2) Japanese people care about how well its doing in Japan - would you really want to work hard on a game that nobody you know would ever play for a machine nobody you know would ever even buy?

3) Aside from any arguments about how 'US is the only place that really counts' :roll: since the GC pricecut the GC has been outselling *PS2* let alone the Xbox in the US.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

ill just insert my comment of:

SEGA has always been, and always will be, my choice of video game developers/console makers! :D
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

LOL!!! Say no to SEGA?? Yeah right!!! No one in the right mind will boycott SEGA.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

There is only 1 lightgun that was on a home console ever worth a crap (in my opinion of course) and it was the Superscope for the SNES. I swear that thing you could hit any pixel on the screen if you centered it right. The Lightgun for NES sucked, and I couldn't hit nothing with the Saturns Gun.

I don't know of a lot of people ever got seriously into those lightgun games. Even back in my younger days (when i liked almost everything, beleive it or not) I didn't go for those operationwolf type games.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Veggita2099 wrote:There is only 1 lightgun that was on a home console ever worth a crap (in my opinion of course) and it was the Superscope for the SNES. I swear that thing you could hit any pixel on the screen if you centered it right. The Lightgun for NES sucked, and I couldn't hit nothing with the Saturns Gun.

I don't know of a lot of people ever got seriously into those lightgun games. Even back in my younger days (when i liked almost everything, beleive it or not) I didn't go for those operationwolf type games.
actually i thought the GunCon for the PS1 was really accurate . I loved playing Time Crisis and the 2 Point Blank games :D
PuniPuniSakura
Catgirl Maniac!

Post by PuniPuniSakura »

of course, any lightgun is better than the ones with the old Tiger games
http://www.opengames.net

DCemu's official catgirl maniac! wai, nyao!