Come play Ultima Online

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Come play Ultima Online

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Since Nyar spammed HIS mmorpg of choice, allow me to spam mine.In order to play,you'll need a copy of ultima online.You can get them from ebay for $3.00 ish.Used or not, it doesn't matter.Then, just go to
http://www.thealterrealm.com/
and make an account.Use the files to change the server ip to the fanshard, and you'll connect.It is a very complex game, so you may need the manual from http://www.origin.ea.com/ .
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

no.... I posted news first on a sequel to one of the most successful free web based games there is...

vive la difference
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Heh, Graal owned runescape, but then Graal went P2P....
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

What he has linked to (I assume :P) is a free shard, which wouldn't need any monthly payments.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

It is a free shard and works very well. I actually played this game on both the free and pay servers. I did pretty good on the pay servers, but I couldn't figure it out on the free server. The free servers are not really newbie friendly, thats the main reason I don't fool with it anymore. After playing Everquest I couldn't get into it.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I have it and I've played on the CrystalGate shard and I was really confused by it. Nobody would talk to me or tell me how to get a job or whatever, they would just kill me all the time in town and the guards never helped me, so I uninstalled it. I suppose I could reinstall it and try this shard if there are a lot of people on, and if you guys will actually play with me. If I get the okay on that then I'll go for it. I'm willing to try this game again.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

You don't get jobs in ultima online, you just use your axe on trees, get lumber, make stuff, sell that stuff, or smith, or mine, with various materials...on that shard, there are usually about 300 players on, and you level up really darn fast.And yes, the game is VERY confusing without a manual, thats how complex it is.
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99

Post by Narcissus »

About 5 years ago, I played UO for 2 years of my life and lost a couple girlfriends to that game. I wish I would have sold my account on eBay instead of just letting it die, I could have made out with some mad cash. I had a couple castles/houses, and a lot of rare items they eventually quit putting in the game, like a completely black tub of die, and a lot of the decorational stuff they took out (for some reason that stuff sold like hotcakes on eBay). I had like 8 GM characters (Mages, Bards, Warriors, Smiths), and I was filthy rich... I would set up macro's to let it run overnight and perfect my skills. I spent a lot of my life on that game, and met some really cool people that I still stay in contact with. Those were the good ole days... I wish I had the free time like I used to have to do stuff like that again, I miss UO :(.
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

How often are you guys on this shard?
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Holy crap.. its Token99, how have you been?!?!?!
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I'm reinstalling now, w00t. I think I might get into it this time, last time I tried to play I just didn't have enough time with school and all. What names do you all use on UO? I'm going with Kenichi like I use with everything.
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99

Post by Narcissus »

Xylene wrote:Holy crap.. its Token99, how have you been?!?!?!
What's up dude? I've been good... really busy, but good. How have you been?
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

You can also play Everquest for free at http://www.eqemu.com. However its very unstable and you can expect to crash or go linkdead about every 15 minutes. Also most servers are just for cheaters anyways. You can also set your own EQ server up also.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665