still no luck

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
blackheartsrm
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

still no luck

Post by blackheartsrm »

still no answer....can't anybody help me....?
maybee no one's interested.....still need help with de neo geo emulator for the dremacast still can't make it work...please help.... :cry:
Warmtoe
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Warmtoe »

Dude - what is the problem? What happens when you burn it.

Put simply, you put the zipped romsets in the /roms directory on the CD and (this is the important bit) include the parent romset for all of them, NEOGEO.zip - this is what is often referred to as the NEOGEO BIOS.

I really should try and add some output on the screen as to what's wrong - it's just tough between the attempt to launch the game and the game actually running to put anything out on screen.

A lot of people are having trouble with this, maybe I'm just old - in theory, you just take the SBI, stick it through SB Inducer, copy the ROMS in ZIP files to the roms directory... and burn.
blackheartsrm
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

did it again...still wont work

Post by blackheartsrm »

i followed the instruccions to the letter ....i got the neogeo.rom from the neo geo rage emulator i have that works great on my pc...& put it on the roms folder in zip mode/// this file includes neogoe.rom - ng-lo.rom - ng-sfix.rom - ng-sm1.rom & i also put the kof97 rom in zip mode in the same rom folder /// activated the selfboot program ....made the image.....burned it in dao mode so that i can burn it with nero...the folder burn's ...i play it on the dreamcast...the screen comes up ...then it shows both of the files i burned to the rom's folder the neogeo.zip & the kof97.zip....if i select the kof97.zip it freezes on the wormtoe produccions screen...& if i select the neogeo.zip it goes to the console & the screen turns white...if i'm doing something wrong please advise me ...if you think the neogeo.zip i got from the neogeorage emulator is incorrect please tell me where i can find the correct one...thanx
Tangent
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Tangent »

Can the dreamcast handle King of Fighters '97?
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Tangent wrote:Can the dreamcast handle King of Fighters '97?
I didnt think so :| :?
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

Tangent wrote:Can the dreamcast handle King of Fighters '97?
That game is 460 Mb, i.e. 57.5 MB. :)
blackheartsrm
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by blackheartsrm »

so are you guy's telling me that this emulator for the neo geo wont load kof97.....what game's will it work with...?
Warmtoe
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Warmtoe »

I'm sure it's been answered before, I've never done an exhaustive search or check on which roms it will work with - there was an excellent list posted some time ago of working / not working romsets... search?