full speed fully working saturn emulater for pc is out!!

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

full speed fully working saturn emulater for pc is out!!

Post by zero »

thats right the is a full speed fully working saturn emu out, its based off GiriGiri and its the emu sega is using for you to pay to d/l and play sega saturn games, but the emu has been ripped, i can't give a link to it, as im not sure if its legal or not. but i don't think it is illegal and the should be no harm in posting about it, as the emu its self is free to d/l and all you have to pay for is the games, but what if you already own all the games?, should you have to pay again to play them on an emu in a pc?, you can't just d/l the program and play them, as you can only play the games in the emu once you d/l the games. don't ask me why. but like i said it has been ripped, so you can copy ya own games to ya pc and play them in it. i have tested virtua figher 2, it doesn't run full speed on my system as you need over a 2gig system to play it. but it could of been just the game i tested. but anyways i thought id let you guys all know.
SchmuckofNI
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by SchmuckofNI »

I smell BS. Unless you have a link to the webpage where its located. (not the ripped version)
:evil:
Mask of Destiny
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Mask of Destiny »

It's a well known fact that the emulator exists. The only thing that is in question is the hack of it to play games without the paid download from Sega.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Have you actually seen it running or tried it with games? If so, let us know. I would be interested.
Klonoa
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Klonoa »

Zero's not a liar. :P

That's really good news. I really want to try that 3D Sonic level in that Sonic Collections game.
SchmuckofNI
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by SchmuckofNI »

I believe it when I see it.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Hey if you got a link, can you PM me it? I got a bunch of Saturn games that I could test ;)
law
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by law »

pls some one pm me too... wanna see if it is a hoax or if it?s for real
ImageImage
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

heh, i wanna test it too. PM pls :mrgreen:
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

like i said, it is real. and its not a fake, i thought it was at first too.
until i tested it, but i still didn't go around posting its bulls*it before i even tested it. and i know why im not getting full speed, its something got to do with my direct sound, cos when i go to run the emu it says something about my sound card not supporting directsound and that it will slow the emu down a lot or something like that, but i know my sound card supports direct sound as i have run lots of pc games with direct sound, and SchmuckofNI, you wont be getting a link to the emu, you shouldn't jumb and say something is fake before you have even seen it, anyone can tell you here i have never lied about anything. but for all the other ppl here that wanted a link, check ya pm's, something tells me that SchmuckofNI is sega, same type of shitty comments. well everyone who got it i hope ye enjoy :D, and post back a list of tested games.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

well i found out its not cos of direct sound why i am not getting full speed, as i downloaded new drivers for my sound card and it fixed that problem, but im still not getting full speed on some games, i have tested

Fighters Megamix: works
Panzer Dragoon Saga: works
Shining Force 3 part1: works
Street Fighter Alpha: works
Street Fighter Alpha 2: works
Virtua Fighter: works
Virtua Fighter Remix: works
Virtua Fighter 2: works
Virtua Fighter kids: works

once i test more games i will post them here.

remember all games i test are pal.

and one more thing, do ye think that sega should release this emu for d/l thats works with cd-rom drives so that ther games don't have to be copied to there pc,
and with texture filtering etc. they should also try and get it working good on not so powerful pc's not everyone has a 2gig plus system.

and also i have found something, when you move the base.ini file from the emu(dont delete it just move it so you can put it back).
and go and run the emu you will get an error, once you get that go to the root of where you have the emu, you will find a new ini called user.ini, and in it has lots of options for frame skip, and texture filtering etc.
i tried getting texture filtering to work, i tried a number of things such as moving that option back into base.ini etc, but it didn't work, if any one can get this working let us know, it has to be there for something.
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

Shining force 3 works :) (well w/ slight graphical probs)
Mask of Destiny
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Mask of Destiny »

do ye think that sega should release this emu for d/l thats works with cd-rom drives so that ther games don't have to be copied to there pc
Well the whole point in Sega releasing this emulator is to make them money. People playing the Saturn games they already own on their PC doesn't make them any money, but charging people for a download does.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

zero, you have a PM
SchmuckofNI
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by SchmuckofNI »

Whatever. The reason being I said it was bs cause I didn't see it over at http://www.zophar.net. I would appreciate it much if someone could give me a link, but if you don't thats ok too I guess.
:?
SchmuckofNI
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by SchmuckofNI »

Sorry to ever have doubted you, the topic is on various boards I would love to see this emu in action. I guess its japanese too from what I have been reading...
http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/%7Eshmups/s ... php?t=1103
law
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by law »

i cant get it to work with my original cds... any ideas ?
ImageImage
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

ActionJackson wrote:(from Magic Box)

"Sega announced a new game rental system called B-CLUB, which allows boardband Internet users to download Sega Saturn and Mega Drive (Genesis) games and play on their PC using Sega's own emulation systems. Sega Saturn and Mega Drive games will be available for download on Sega's game server, and the price of the games varies from 300 to 500 yen, or you can subscribe to the entire game library in a monthly basis. The first titles Sega offers will be Sonic X, NiGHTS, Panzer Dragoon II, Dynamic Deka, Sonic the Hedgehog 5, Jongfon 5, Densha de Go, Ultra Shanghai, Shining Force III Scenario 1 - 3, Puyo Puyo and many more."
:o :D :o :D :o :D :o :D :o :D
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Hmmmm... I tracked down the article on MagicBox and that Jackson guy had modified it slightly: http://www.the-magicbox.com/game032403.htm

It mentions everything that his does, except with no Sonic X or 5, just Sonic 3.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

law wrote:i cant get it to work with my original cds... any ideas ?
u need to rip it