Dreamcast Commercial Development Project

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Dreamcast Commercial Development Project

Post by MetaFox »

The Dreamcast Commercial Development Project is an attempt to get the best coders, artists, and musicians together to try to reignite the flame of the Dreamcast in the commecial market.

Profit from the disc will be shared proportionate to the amount of sweat, blood and tears that each member has put into the project. To keep this project from going into obscurity - a swift deadline has been made - at least 3 of the games in the project will have playable demos available by E3.

Rest assured that the deadline will be met, as I will be pouring my soul into this project, and I hope that the other members do the same, the reward will be worth worth it.

The games will be seen by a huge audience, as I am personally going to be driving around the country, selling these discs to retail outlets door to door, as individual stores have a higher regard to new Dreamcast developments than thier corporate headquarters.

If you think that you want to showcase your talent, then please post in this thread on the Cyberdog Castle Message Boards. I really want to see this project become a success.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
Been thanked: 0

Post by 404NotFound »

Hmm... i wonder if we coudl get Chapter1 of DCRPG done by E3?
Anti-Roofus
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Anti-Roofus »

is this going to be like another DC Tonic? if it is or even if its now it sounds great good job MetaFox :P
Tangent
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Tangent »

Yeah, what kind of stuff are you looking for?
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Bombshell
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Bombshell »

If you give me a deadline to look towards I might be able to get a nice version of Tux and Barrels out in time
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

if u guys really wanna make a showing u should get pagan games in on it, they are deving a dc space shooter game right now that wil be commercialy available. Also those renderware guys could show the dc graphical capability. What type of game are u going to make for the other 2, tux and barrels is one, dc rpg is a maybe and that shooter is if u r even considering my advice :D so what kind of games r u gonna make the other two? I will post a link for pagangames.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

http://www.pagan-games.com
the project isn't listed on their site, u might just wanna drop them a line about it, if u convince em they could do an earth 2140 port but i think a new game would be better. :D
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Wow I havent seen metafox around in awhile. what have you been up to? But hey this sounds intresting keep us informed. :D
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

a portuguese dev'r bought the rights to zillions and they have been working on a sequel it looks pretty good, i lost the link although I am sure someone else around here has it. I am 99.99% sure they would love to have their stuff at e3 in your booth. Oh yeah it is a little likew metroid prime from whaty I have seen but ii am not sure how far along they are.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

404NotFound wrote:Hmm... i wonder if we coudl get Chapter1 of DCRPG done by E3?
One of the major beliefs of dCRPG is that it should be totally free.

It will never cost any money, it will always be a free download for everyone.

^
|
|
|

Promise.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

If DCRPG was sold, it wouldn't make enough money to give all the people who've worked on it that much money.
It's thinking...
Bombshell
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Bombshell »

Well, I was talking to Thomas Wurgler of Pagan Games one time about why make the game commercial. It is not really something to do with capitilism, it is more of a way to get people who normally wouldnt see it to see it. A little publicility for a low price. I know that at least my game will still be able for free download.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

do u know if they have started production on it yet? Or if they are still planning?
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Bombshell wrote:Well, I was talking to Thomas Wurgler of Pagan Games one time about why make the game commercial. It is not really something to do with capitilism, it is more of a way to get people who normally wouldnt see it to see it. A little publicility for a low price. I know that at least my game will still be able for free download.
Exactly. Heck, even Mike Siecieska's Motocross - a licensed game that Cyberdog Castle (well, me :)) is working on will be available for download from CDC in some form. If you look at anything that I've ever released, I always release the sourcecode - because I believe in sharing and learning.

If you don't want any profit made at all - there is always the option of only having the cost for CD pressing only. Like the Homebrew compilation CD with Trilinear and MrSiggler's projects on it, as well as BurnerO, WH16, c99coder and more. It's a professionally produced pressed CD that http://www.gooddealgames.com is handling. This CD will get the same treatment as the others, except no profit will be made. If anyone wants in on the Dreamcast Compilation CD vol 1 there is still time. It's currently in the mail ready to be reviewed by GDG - but theres no saying that more games can't be included - the more the merrier. It's all in the spirit of publicity for our beloved Dreamcast.
Last edited by MetaFox on Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Tangent wrote:Yeah, what kind of stuff are you looking for?
Any project that someone is working on coding, art, music. I started a staff forum at the CDC boards specifically for this so that anyone who is interested in this idea can share ideas on a specific forum at CDC - you might be working on a game, but would like someone to help with art and music, or maybe even help with coding. That way we can get the most quality in the releases - as it's going to be commecial or if prefered non-commecial in a commercial setting (ie: professionally produced CDs and jewelcases with booklets for sale in places like Electronic's Boutique and online - but just to recoup the CD pressing and printing costs - nothing else).

There are a lot of Dreamcast owners without access to PCs and CD Writers who would love to have a new game for their DC at a reasonable price.
Sickliquid86 wrote:do u know if they have started production on it yet? Or if they are still planning?
I'm a member of the team for the Pagan Game's Dreamcast game. The mailing list has been dead since November 2002. They were going to set up a CVS for the coding but as far as I know it never happened. Trilinear did develop an engine for it - but as far as I know - it only got as far as the concept art stage. I can say for certain though that it doesn't look like it will be ready for primetime any time soon.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

If I can ever get anything significant done on my game, I might be interested. Of course, in order to do anything that looks professionall, I'd need some help in the form of artists, musicians and all that stuff.
Tangent
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Tangent »

Same here. I'm interested, but I don't know that I have anything that would be good enough to make it.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Might be worth trying to get a decent dev team together. Most attempts to do this are along the lines of "artists need programmers", but if we did "programmers need artists" we might get a little further along.

I'd be willing to try anything. I can do 2d games, and I can attempt 3D games. Just don't expect Quake out of me.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

Dreamcast Compilation CD vol 1
Are you using Dream Inducer for this or did you program a new menu system?
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

I might be able to draw a little :D
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang: