I got a Gamecube today :)

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I got a Gamecube today :)

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

Although I have purchased several games for the system, I thought I might as well pick up a Gamecube today since I was picking up my preorder of Zelda. Circuit City had a great sale (extra $20 off the system so $129.99 instead of the traditional $149.99), so I picked up the system along with Resident Evil 0 as my free game, a Nyko 64 MB memory card (17X = like 1,000+ blocks so I think I will be set in the memory card department for a loooooong time...o yes, if anyone has it and has had any problems, please let me know), and a nice Mad Catz controller (looks extra ergonomic than the standard controller. I have also had Resident Evil 1 and Rogue Leader for a couple of months now, and I am looking forward to getting Animal Crossing, Mario Sunshine, Starfox Adventure, Eternal Darknesss, Luigi's Mansion, Super Smash Brothers Melee, and Metroid Prime....all in time and when my bank account recovers. However, I won't be diving into those games with any determination anytime soon as I still have some domestic DC and PSX games to keep me busy for a few months. Once those have been beaten, then I guess I will start playing my import DC, my domestic PS2 games, and eventually get an Xbox to play the games I have on hold right now until that time (007, Elderscrolls III, DOA3, etc.). I figure it is probably better for me to beat the old before I move onto the new.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
DrugAddict
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by DrugAddict »

why did you buy games for a system you didn't even have months after purchasing? And why hold XBOX games when you have no plans to buy soon? These games aren;t rare, they won't disappear.. just lessin in cost when you buy later.

But congrats ont he GC.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

he might play the games on his friends lovebox you never know I own a ps2 but do not own a PS2 I play it on my brother in law's ps2 I sould probably just give him the game as a gift but then a gain i am a greedy bastard :twisted:
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Lol I dont think they will disapper though. Plus goes down in price til you get system/games.
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

woohoo for you! It's always good when someone gets a GC.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

yea, i remeber when i first got my gc, i opened it up and looked at the size of it, it was much smaller then i thought, then i looked at the memory card and thought wow, look how small it is and then i looked at my first game, mario sunshine, and the discs was much smaller then i thought. i love my gc, but then i love all my consoles, but whenever a new game comes out on one that i really like then that console becomes my fav, until a game comes out on one of the others that i really like then it loses its place :D. but so far the gamecube has been winning as all the games on it that i have got are good, the only time it lost to another console with me was when i played splinder cell. but then it won back when i played animal crossing :D, yes i am just rambiling on with myself here arnt i, O well i better go then c-ya.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Yes...play the stuff you already have before diving into the new stuff. It's a very wise thing to do. I'm in a situation where I'm currently playing WAY more games than I could finish within the next few years. I'm one of those people who buys a game if it's at a good price...reguardless of whether or not I really really want it. As it is now, I have about 45 PS2 games, 20 GC games, and about 20 Xbox games...and most of them I've barely touched. Oddly enough, the games that piss me off are the ones I play the most...like Shinobi. BTW, I heard there is a new law that requires all GC owners to have a copy of Super Monkey Ball :wink:
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Vlad Tepes wrote:Yes...play the stuff you already have before diving into the new stuff. It's a very wise thing to do. I'm in a situation where I'm currently playing WAY more games than I could finish within the next few years. I'm one of those people who buys a game if it's at a good price...reguardless of whether or not I really really want it. As it is now, I have about 45 PS2 games, 20 GC games, and about 20 Xbox games...and most of them I've barely touched. Oddly enough, the games that piss me off are the ones I play the most...like Shinobi. BTW, I heard there is a new law that requires all GC owners to have a copy of Super Monkey Ball :wink:
it's the same way with me, i buy new games before i finish the old ones, i can't help it. and then i try and finish the new game i got and i end up getting another new game, i'm gonna have to try and finish all my old games.
Firthy2002
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Firthy2002 »

Good for you. I'll be getting a 'Cube sometime in the future.
"The video game market is troubled..." - |darc|
---
My LiveJournal
---
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

I definitely try to get games on sale whenever possible. Sometimes stores have rediculous sales (a few weeks back I picked up Breath of Fire IV for PSX for $19.99 new while it sells for almost twice the price used). I always pick up games if I know that I will be getting the system. I did it last year when I picked up Baldur's Gate and FF X for PS2 about 2 months before getting a PS2, and I did it with my Dreamcast buying The House of the Dead 2, a Mad Catz blaster, and Soul Calibur a while before buying a Dreamcast. As for the Xbox games, I got the games for a great price, and presently none except for one or two of the games are platinum hits.

As for GC games, I definitely want to take SMB for a spin, and I also want to pick up PSO. However, before I play them, there are several import Saturn games that I definitely want to get into like Ogre Battle, Black Matrix, and Baroque to name a few.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Now you're playing with power!
It's thinking...