Shenmue Disc 1 Will not work....

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
freddy punns
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Shenmue Disc 1 Will not work....

Post by freddy punns »

I recently bought Shenmue at a local Record Exchange and was unable to get the 1st dic to work (while the other 2 loaded fine). So I returned it, thinking that there might be a scratch near the begining or something and got another copy. However, upon inserting disc one, the same thing happened again, with the other 2 discs working fine. Has anyone else had the problem? Is there a way to load a boot disc and then insert this one to make it work? Any help would be great. Thanks - Freddy Punns
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Does it load the Sega screen and then start over at the Dreamcast menu?
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

hmmm try it at your friends house and see if it still happens, what does the screen show??
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
bugaboo
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by bugaboo »

this happens on mine so i havent been able to play it only sometimes it will load and then when you get through all the film bit it freezes, i read somewhere it was something to do with some dreamcasts no working with it. very annoying, i tried to find a vmu save for the start of disk 2 but i couldnt, so i can't test if the other disks work :cry: :cry:
CagedEye
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by CagedEye »

I had a similar problem. The first disk would always load but it was guaranteed to freeze up after a couple minutes. This could be because of a scratch because it would always freeze at the same place. My solution was to buy another copy of the game. Just before I knew it would freeze, I saved the game and switched disks. By luck the two disks freezed at totally different places so once I made it to disk two, I had no problem.