No0b Here. Question about SNES emulation on DC.

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Garmo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

No0b Here. Question about SNES emulation on DC.

Post by Garmo »

I rescently bought a Dreamcast because i knew about the Emulators for it.
Before i spend and wase CDs trying to get it to work, is DreamSNES the best snesEmu for the DC?
I got NesterDC to work, and it works awesome. Should i expect similiar results with snes emulation?
Valcrist
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Valcrist »

Well, it's not perfect yet. Most games are playable with no sound. And some are playable with sound. If you know that the game doesn't use transpariencies (if there are any) you can turn that off for some good speed ups too. But I'm not complaining I personally love the way it works now. There aren't much things they need to change. So yeah, I think it is worth wasting the one cd.
KyleRXZero
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by KyleRXZero »

Yes, like Valcrist said. Its far from perfect, but its the best snes emu for the dreamcast. And some games are pretty damn playable. Burn a disc with your faves and give it a try. :wink:
I'm like you, I have no name.
hercules
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by hercules »

I do not know how to create it, how do you start creating it, I don't know how!
fishman
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by fishman »

Download Dreamcast Factory http://dcfactory.cjb.net/ it is extremly easy to use and i believe that it has been updated recently. It will tell you how to make a perfect selfbooting copy of DreamSNES
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

Hey, I am definately not stupid and know that emulation takes a long time, but trust me, Dreamsnes is not what you'd expect. It'll take a while to get used to the framerate, but after that it'll be great! Honestly, the only two games that have a nearly flawless framerate are wario's woods and smash t.v. There area lot of good working roms out there, but don't try snes doom on it. it's something to really laugh at. think of it as an old pc trying to run a new game. hahahaha......[/quote]

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
Garmo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Garmo »

Rad, I burnt a cd andplayed it. Some of the games play very well. some play real choppy, and others play just slow.
I found that smash tv did play real smooth. Its one of my favorite snes games, too.

Does muting the sound make it run smoother in some games?
pHaDeD xP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by pHaDeD xP »

hey it comes down to this, DreamSNES is THE BEST SNES Emulator for DC bar none, no other SNES Emu for DC can even touch (wich is probubly the reason that a couple have dropped out of developement) And yes, there are some speed issues in some games buht hey, most games play at a reasonable rate. And hey fishman, while it is true dcfactory is extremely easy to use, maybee it would be better for noobs to try out the DJ or NERO pre-made images and make a seprate ROMs cd, than to jump into dcfactory. Buht hey, if you are pretty familar with burning things, and can follow directions well, and have a small understanding in how to get burnt DC games to work, then dcfactory shouldnt be a problem for you.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

What worked for me the first time I successfully burned an emu disc was Selfboot Inducer. All you have to remember is what directory to put the ROMS in, which isn't really a problem if you download your sbi packs from http://dipacks.cjb.net or http://www.consolevision.com/members/burnero because right next to the download link it will tell you 'ROMS to GAMES' or 'ROMS to INDUCER' or whatever. 'GAMES' means 'Inducer/GAMES', 'INDUCER' or 'ROOT' means simply 'INDUCER'. I think it's a good way for newbies to figure out which emulators are the best... simply burn as many as you want to one disc, and try them all out. It also will make just about any disc image you want, be it DiscJuggler, Nero DAO or Nero TAO, or it will let you burn with CDRecord without having to type all the command line stuff. In all, I think it's the best selfboot tool out there. And some people have made some pretty cool DreamInducer Themes too, so you can check out everyone's artwork while you're navigating the menu.
fishman
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by fishman »

pHaDeD xP wrote:And hey fishman, while it is true dcfactory is extremely easy to use, maybee it would be better for noobs to try out the DJ or NERO pre-made images and make a seprate ROMs cd, than to jump into dcfactory. Buht hey, if you are pretty familar with burning things, and can follow directions well, and have a small understanding in how to get burnt DC games to work, then dcfactory shouldnt be a problem for you.
yeah i guess your right pHaDeD xP....try that first unless you have a pretty good knowledge of burning stuff. Then move on to dcfactory.
BizzyRok
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by BizzyRok »

Try Uberboot it is very simple
My sig was stupidly large so an admin deleted it.
DoomDan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DoomDan »

BizzyRok wrote:Try Uberboot it is very simple
Yes, very.
pHaDeD xP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by pHaDeD xP »

yes uberboot is, buht i still perfer dcfactory, ionno why buht uberboot has given me lots of trouble... very strange..
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Garmo wrote:I found that smash tv did play real smooth. Its one of my favorite snes games, too.
Then you should try the homebrew game, SmashDC by Siggler.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!