GBA Afterburner?

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Shadowness
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

GBA Afterburner?

Post by Shadowness »

Has any one installed one? I want to see some pics of the finish product..
Kraft
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Kraft »

have you checked out portable monopoly's main webpage? Last time I looked there, there were screenshots and movies of it in action. Looks hella nice and it would save you from having to buy an SP.
Commodore?! On my dreamcast?! *almost wets himself*
Xbox fans: check out http://www.xboxaddict.com
Shadowness
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Shadowness »

address?
Kraft
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Kraft »

Ok, I'm sorry but I am about to get bitchy. I'm tired, don't feel well right now and just need to get this out of my system, no hard feelings though... anyways:

Why the hell can't you look it up yourself? You have the product name, I gave you the company name... We're not talking dick tracy/sherlock holmes crap here. Well, I'll go ahead and hold your hand through it this time. I took a little extra of my time to load up yahoo and put in three words: afterburner portable monopoly. Here is what I got back: http://www.tritonlabs.com/ and I'll be damned if it isn't their homepage.
Commodore?! On my dreamcast?! *almost wets himself*
Xbox fans: check out http://www.xboxaddict.com
Shadowness
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Shadowness »

Yo mamma!

oh sorry, eh.. Thanks.

I did look it up, I dont know why I asked...Kinda an involentary reaction..
I@N
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by I@N »

I have installed 2 afterburner lights and I have to say the resuts are remarkable, nothing beats playing bomberman or mario kart in complete darkness.

There are a few things to be careful of though, for example in mine (the first one I did) I managed to get some dust trapped inside the casing (could be removed if I dismantled it again, but that is a bit of a hasstle) and on my friends machine the anti-reflective film that you stick onto the screen is a bit blotchy at the very edges of the screen (I would DEFINATELY advise getting an extra one of these as they are only about ?2 and if you make a mess of installing it the first time you will regret it).

Even with these minor problems once you start playing the game you do not really notice them.

If you do get one, I would advise you to get it from Lik-Sang as they also give you a special screwdriver to open the console and you get a pre modded front cover so you don't have to bother cutting you existing one, and it comes with a dimmer switch already installed.

My biggest piece of advice though:

TAKE YOUR TIME while doing it.

I hope this helps.
Drink your weak lemon drink now!
Peet
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Peet »

Got any tips for installing the AR film? I managed to mess mine up while attempting to install it earlier today. :|

Waiting for a replacement at the moment. At least the stealth dimmer chip install went okay, though I managed to lift a solder pad. Didn't matter much though since I managed to secure the wire in question with scotch. :mrgreen:
OldSkoolZero
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by OldSkoolZero »

I am just going to buy a GBA SP, I would probly mess it up if I tryed installing one.
Peet
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Peet »

Bah, SP! Now where's the fun in that? :mrgreen: