Help!!!!! tutorials aren't working. (NONE OF THEM)

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
livefigga
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help!!!!! tutorials aren't working. (NONE OF THEM)

Post by livefigga »

I am getting so frustrating followed about 3 or 4 different tutorials to the dot, well at least I thought and still the disc won't boot on my dreamcast. I've used dc factory an yes I used 9.7 for it, when I was finished it said now ready to burn your image I burnt it and wtf, the disc still didn't work. ?????????????? I thought if something went wrong it was supposed to say so. By the way I used the nero image to try and get it running. Anyway's besides dcfactory I've tied a number of mostly maunal self boots where you do most of the work and still those don't work for me either. My dreamcast keeps reading it as a music cd or something when i cut it on. (By the way my dreamcast does play cd r as I have nester dc on their and I got my dreamcast the first day also so....) Somebody please help me I just don't know what I'm doing wrong here and my patience is starting to wear very thin. Any advice would be most appreciated and please post the nesscary steps from begining to end that you used to get dreamsnes running for you.
THE WORLD IS SQUARE EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST EMULATED
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

What year is your Dreamcast from?

Look on the bottom near the boittom left corner you will see a date.

What does the Month, Day, and Year say?
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
livefigga
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by livefigga »

Says, Manufactored July 1999, like I said I know it plays cd-r cause I have nester dc and it works fine. And I bought my dramcast september 9, 1999 the first day of release.
THE WORLD IS SQUARE EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST EMULATED
0newinged
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by 0newinged »

how fast are you burning it? I find if it's more then 2x or 4x sometimes it won't read properly in the dreamcast.
pHaDeD xP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by pHaDeD xP »

One thing, speed on your burner dosnt mean much, and why are you trying to make a self-boot DreamSNES cd when you can just download a PRE-MADE DreamSNES image (NRG/CDI choose your pleasure :mrgreen: ) Then you can burn that, and it WILL work, i have burned it at 12x and it works just fine, then make a seprate CD with ROMS. If you need help making a roms cd then post that as burning DreamSNES shouldnt be such a problem, all you have to do is download then open and burn a image file. (BTW i use Nero even with CDI files as i convert those to NRG with CDI2Nero)