newbie needs help with burning self booting dreamsnes cd

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
thoughtspitter
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

newbie needs help with burning self booting dreamsnes cd

Post by thoughtspitter »

hi i followed the instructions that was posted by I.M Weasel about creating a self boot disc and everything was working fine till i burned the cd. the only things that i was unsure of and i did that might have messed things up were: i moved the isos to my external hardrive. didnt really know how big to make the dummy file. i made mine 500 mbs and when i burned the cd after burnign the first sesion i deleted the fixed iso to add the header iso. am i supposed to add the data iso? ill try that too but i dont think im supposed to.... please help.
MegaBomberMan
The Mac Mod
The Mac Mod
Location: My girlfriend's hou.... the mall, I'm at the mall :p

Post by MegaBomberMan »

Uh, just leave stuff on your internal HD, burn fixed.iso as CD-ROM XA and then burn header.iso as CD-ROM XA.
Imaget(-_-)===@
thoughtspitter
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

thanks for the help

Post by thoughtspitter »

thanks for the help just one more question are those files together supposed to be a low mb number? basically i get lost with how large the dummy file should be? i know its based on how many roms and mp3s u add to your emu but i am still uncertain at that step. however everything else is straight foward, and thanks for your help again
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

well lets say, the dreamsnes is 20mb alone,120mb in games and 40mb in mp3s. burning onto a 600 mb cd ,you would make a dummyfile of about 380mb- 390mb

thanks for the thanks
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
thoughtspitter
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by thoughtspitter »

i feel like an idiot but i did everything you said to do followed everything this time didnt move the isos and it still wouldnt work in my dreamcast. mabye somethings wrong and or i did something wrong. i prb did since the header iso is only 604 kilobites. however the cd does change to EMU after i burn it the first sesion so i know that the fixed iso works. i am going to try it one more time then go to bed hopefully by tomorrow i or u guys will come up with what went wrong and or what im doing wrong.
" Television is Masturbation of ones mind."
MegaBomberMan
The Mac Mod
The Mac Mod
Location: My girlfriend's hou.... the mall, I'm at the mall :p

Post by MegaBomberMan »

Try doing it without the dummy files, I have never used them.
Imaget(-_-)===@
Lord_Krauser
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Problems as well...

Post by Lord_Krauser »

I'm having problems burning Dreamsnes on my mac as well. I put all of the folders (data, roms, bin) in the proper directory, I've downloaded mkisofs and I've opened terminal. I input:
"mkisofs -C 0,11700 -V DCEMU -l -o data.iso data"and all I get is "Command not found."

I'm guessing that the mkisofs that I downloaded is not the proper one. If someone could give me a link to the proper mkisofs, or tell me if I'm doing anything wrong, I'd be very grateful.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Read this if mkisofs isn't working
also:
dummy file = Amount of space available on the blank disk - # of MBs of the data folder (IE: Your potential disk)

dummy files aren't that scary when you think about it. they are only large junk files to bump all the data out to the outer sections of the disk
thoughtspitter
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by thoughtspitter »

well i got it working a while ago IM weasel knows this. thanks for your help guys. ive been posting more on macemu since i got the information i wanted from this forum thats why i havnt been doing anything here of recent
" Television is Masturbation of ones mind."
slingblade21
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by slingblade21 »

In a fit of stupidity, I wrote:this place sux!
But now I've realized that I'm defunct little kid whom has nothing better than spam forums with my insanely idiotic opinions. No, they are verbal pieces of poo mods have to go clean up after me because I seem to lack any basic skill that could assist me in landing my dream job at Taco Bell around the corner where I can be with my kind; the slimey, emotionally, physically, and verbally retarded undercurrent of teen culture. If you haven't realized it yet, this is actually your friendly mac mod tenchi making slingblade look like the assclown you are suspected him to be.
ARE YOU SICK OF YOUR OLD GAMES? TRADE THEM AT CRAZYLAND WHERE YOU CAN BUY SELL OR TRADE YOUR OLD GAMES. :headbang:

JOIN CRAZY LAND FORUMS
http://www.crazylandforums.com
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

I need to change my avatar
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
leifh
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by leifh »

I followed all of the instructions in the tutorial, burned the cd and the dreamcast went to the main menu. :(
If it exists, it can be copied.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Are you using self boot or inducer?

Post by abydos1000 »

To those of you having trouble burning, I assume you are using Mac DreamTool. If you are using self boot mode, you need to make sure all of the files were burned correctly; in my first attempt, IP.bin, etc were missing from the CD even though they were in the inducer folder. Don't know what happened there unless they didn't end up on the iso image. Since you want to make a DreamNES disc, try using the sbi file of DreamNES instead and use the inducer mode of DreamTool. Has worked 100% of the time for me.

Also, the buring slow rule still applies. No more than 4X. Go for 2X or 1X if your writer supports it. If you go off and use 24 or 32X, you will be making coasters.