stoopid newbie question

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

stoopid newbie question

Post by jessman »

hey, i've been at this site for a while, but this is only my second forum post, so..............dreamsnes doesn't run perfectly yet, but what does? I know that nester and gnuboy work, and OLD systems work, but do ANY half decent systems work even close to perfectly? Like i said, i'm sorry! it's a stoopid newbie question! PLEASE SAY SOMETHING
oblachubs
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by oblachubs »

Not yet. DC SNES is better than the PS2 SNES emulator at this point.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

DreamSNES isn't perfect but every game I've played on it was still fun. If you want to speed it up you can turn off sound, but it's still about 90% on most games. Very worth the download in my opinion.
DoomDan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DoomDan »

oblachubs wrote:DC SNES is better than the PS2 SNES emulator at this point.
is it really? i heard some people say that the ps2 snes emulator was better.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

It's based on a newer version of Snes9X, so it probably has a couple more features, but it's apparently not that much faster than DreamSnes. It runs more games at "full speed", but it still uses frameskipping.

Depends on who you ask, and what games you're playing on it.
pHaDeD xP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by pHaDeD xP »

Yeah i actually stopped playing DreamSNES because of the speed lag, but it plays most at about 85%-90% and some such as megamanX2 or X3, they play at about 75%-80%, eventually i hope they will get it werking at 100% speed with at least MONO sound (i know it has stereo already, but played in MONO mite sumwhat speed up the FPS)
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

*IF* they did it in SH4 ASM, it'd run full speed. (Just my opinion) :D
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

kubyx wrote:*IF* they did it in SH4 ASM, it'd run full speed. (Just my opinion) :D
The CPU core is in SH4 asm, and they are currently working on sound. Whether just general optimization or an SH4 rewrite, I really don't know. As a matter of fact, the whole bit about them working on sound is just hear-say from nakamichi (whom I trust about this, but it could still be wrong)
They'll probably optimize the shit out of it in C/C++ first, then rewrite in SH4 assembly.
No signature.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

toastman wrote:They'll probably optimize the poop out of it in C/C++ first, then rewrite in SH4 assembly.
That's what I'd do - get it working as well in C/C++ as you possibly can. Then, now you have a working bit of code, make it run as fast as you possibly can in C/C++, changing the way it works if you have to. Then, convert that the assembly, and optimise it again using some tricks and things that can not be done in C.