need lots of help

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
OrganSplitter
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

need lots of help

Post by OrganSplitter »

i do everything its says in "the best damn tutorial" but it does not work my dreamcast is there something else i have to burn or what
OrganSplitter
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by OrganSplitter »

all the DC does is make a bunch of noises its driving me nuts does it matter what year it was made like i said i followed everything in the tutorial
crazyrom
Ex-Help Forum Mod
Ex-Help Forum Mod

Post by crazyrom »

what emulator do you want to make?
OrganSplitter
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by OrganSplitter »

nesterDC
crazyrom
Ex-Help Forum Mod
Ex-Help Forum Mod

Post by crazyrom »

Just download dc factory then go on the tasks and pick nester dc
And if you have the plain files then click on perform task if you dont have them then just click on the download button

Then it will ask you to locate your nester zip find it the just click next then if you want to use a nest theme find it then click next if you dont have one thats ok it comes with one then where it says locate daily nester zip just click next then just find where your roms are and click next then just pick if you want a disc juggler image or a nero image then just click next and then click next on the additional options and it will make your image burn it and play it. :wink:

You can get dc factory here :arrow: http://www.dcemulation.org/dl/dl.php3?u ... 5-FULL.exe
OrganSplitter
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by OrganSplitter »

i downloaded Dc factory and installed it but it wont run an error always comes up
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

OrganSplitter wrote:i downloaded Dc factory and installed it but it wont run an error always comes up
You need to download the additional files available on the DCFactory website.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
OrganSplitter
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by OrganSplitter »

ive done everything possible ive burned it every way possible used dcfactory all that crap there was no burning errors no errors at all but it still wont work i put the disk in the dreamcast and its starts to read it for a while then make loud clicking noises and it goes to the dreamcast menu and thats it i tried different emulators and everything WHATS THE PROBLEM
OrganSplitter
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by OrganSplitter »

well im giving up i have used ever program possible to make nester and it still wont read on the Dreamcast everything is compatible so if you think you know something else that could be wrong tell me i am getting so pissed off at this one question thought when the nero is image has been created all i do is click on it and burn it right or do i change something in nero settings
crazyrom
Ex-Help Forum Mod
Ex-Help Forum Mod

Post by crazyrom »

Ok try this then you will have to have 2 cdr's first download nester nero file get it here :arrow: http://www.dcemulation.org/dl/dl.php3?u ... .1Nero.zip
Then burn it.
Ok the first disc is done now you will have to make a folder and call it :arrow: games then put your roms inside of that folder then burn that folder as a data disc.
then put your first disc you made in and when it get to the main menu take it out and put the 2nd disc in and it should work.
OrganSplitter
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by OrganSplitter »

well the nester disc didnt work what menu the dreamcast menu or the nester menu do i put the second disk in
crazyrom
Ex-Help Forum Mod
Ex-Help Forum Mod

Post by crazyrom »

The nester menu.
OrganSplitter
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by OrganSplitter »

yeah thats what i thought but the nester menu doesnt come up it just reads the disk for a while then makes fast clicking noises
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

hey, no biggie......just download nero if u don't have it and use the jimboot program on the nesterdc page. Read the readme after Jimboot is downloaded and get the files it says and put them in the correct folders...like if there are jpegs that come with the zip file of nester than put them in the pics folder. I suck at helping, but you'll get it like i did. Don't even pay attention to those lame tutorials! Really, just download jimboot and experiment, k? good luck! :D
OrganSplitter
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by OrganSplitter »

i have done everything possible it will never work