3d modelling

This forum is where you can show off your art, such as emulator software skins, DVD and CD covers; or discuss other art-related topics.
bizzle
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

3d modelling

Post by bizzle »

i was wondering if anyone hear has any experience with 3d modelling, i think roofus does, but thats all. i was wondering if there are any freeware apps for it, and how difficult it is.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Just some real basic stuff. I know of a couple freeware tools. Elefont lets you model text and is insanely easy to use. Spiralizer does 3D spirals and is also insanely easy to use. The only drawback is that you need a program that can import .DXF files. (Bryce works nicely)
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99

Post by Narcissus »

Artsy kinda stuff. :wink:
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

i am going to have to get bryce then.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

ok, i decided on what i am going to do. i am going to create a 3d web comic, i need to be able to make characters and stuff, so what programs are there for me to choose?
any help would be apriciated.
If anyone has experience with 3 modeling, they can contribute to my webcomic as soon as it starts going.
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

Poser is the best tool out there for modelling people. I don't know how much it costs. In theory you could do the entire comic from Poser, but I'd recommend making the people in poser and rendering them in another program (Bryce. :wink: )
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I agree with Roofus. If your just starting out, there's no way you could model a decent looking person in any program quickly. You'll definatly want to go with a Poser-Bryce combo to get decent results without the high learning curve. Although, I never did like Poser. I never could get it to work right for me. It's like that program installed the emotion to hate me, because it always had a knack of doing the opposite of what I told it to do.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

oh by no means do i think i will do this quickly or anytime soon, its just what i want to do, when i can actually do it decently.
for now i just want to check out the programs and start to learn them.
Kiley
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Kiley »

Blender is free... have a look for it

I've only ever used it to look at 3d models, never actually done anything with it myself
Daniel Kiley is still "dreaming"