The best interface for MameDC is ... the game itself

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
JMD
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The best interface for MameDC is ... the game itself

Post by JMD »

I think that one of the problems of the Arcade emulators is that they reduce the challenge of the plays to the minimum. We don't have the feeling playing a game.

Some good games lost all their interest because it's so easy to press F5 and continue to play all stages the first day.
We watch the game and not play to it.

To my mind the single games emulators (like Reapper2K released) are the best way to emphasizing
the game. It 'll be great if we feel playing to ports of the games and not emulators.
For exemple, it's possible to :
- Reduce the emulator interface to the minimum.
- Put the best option to play the game as near as original as possible by default
- Auto insert coins. For exemple, put a trigger and when the emulator show the tittle screen, auto insert 3 credits for play. The player can only use continue 2 times !
- To play, just hit start.
- Save the Hi-Score .The chalenge is back !

It's just an opinion in a bad english ... Play a game and not an emulator.