cd help needed

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
fallacy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

cd help needed

Post by fallacy »

i picked up fire pro wrestling d and someone told me i could add my own entrance themes. when i put the disk in i cant view the files that would need to be changed when i make a new copy. all i see are 4 text files.
how can i view the rest of the files on the disk or rip the entire contents of the disk to my hd? plz dont view this as asking for warez. i own the game and just want to modify some of the background music and put some music that i like as the entrance for my created wrestlers.
Wasgo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Wasgo »

First of all, I don't think it's possible to mod that game. Second, it would only be possible using a cd-r backup, and regardless of whether or not that's warez, it isn't allow to be discussed here.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

as long as it's for personal use...

you need a bba or serial cable, a slave disc for the dc (i think) and some knowhow to rip the gd-rom from your dc to your computer. i've never done this myself, but i know it's the only way to do it. also, i don't know how big your game is but a gd-rom holds way more than a cd-r, so your game may or may not fit.

check the dev forums on how to do this. you should find answers there.
but basically, i would say it seems like more trouble than it's worth and many might see it as warez anyway.
fallacy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

cd help

Post by fallacy »

i found a tutorial on how to do it and it said that i needed the echelon rar files. i dont know how to rip all the hidden files on the gd rom.
fallacy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

help

Post by fallacy »

i posted in the dev section and my topic was closed.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Re: help

Post by pavelbure »

fallacy wrote:i posted in the dev section and my topic was closed.
you might want to try and find a warez message board.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!