Compatibility/Bug/Benchmarks (Updated August 1st, 2002)

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
DarkStalker
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Compatibility/Bug/Benchmarks (Updated August 1st, 2002)

Post by DarkStalker »

Well, I started a complete compatibility/bug/benchmark list for DreamSNES v0.9.7 and thought that before I continue, it would be a good idea to get some input on it. Currently, the list has all the # and A's complete (American, European and Japanese games included, as well as hacks and so forth).

Right now, the list is basically just starting but I wanted to get opinions on the layout of the list. Is the coloring of the table entries easy enough for most people to be able to take a look and get a good idea as to how they run? What else needs to be added? (I'm looking for functionality and content, not graphical flash.)

I know that I need to add in the testing conditions before the list, which will be coming soon. (In case you were wondering, the benchmarks are taken from DreamSNES's S3 speed display key. Tested under Mono sound, full screen off, autosave on, CPU optimizations on, Mode 7 interpolation off, transparencies on.)

Give me your opinions... I'd really like to hear how the DreamSNES team likes it as well, since they are my general target (to help stamp out emulation bugs).

List is at http://www.opposingforces.org/dreamsnes/

DarkStalker

-= Update =- I decided that since I couldn't sleep and that it was 6am, I might as well update the list. Added a few more things to the list to help make it a little more informative, including a basic key for the GoodSNES suffixes and a general overview of how many games were checked and how many are perfect, playable and so on.
Last edited by DarkStalker on Thu Aug 01, 2002 2:18 pm, edited 10 times in total.
JDCreationz
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by JDCreationz »

NICE Man, We need more Benchmark testers out there anyway!
Good for you man!!! :P
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

yeah i was feeling a little overpowerd all by myself :(

maybe we can work out a system? like if u tested a game then take it off my list of games to test or visa versa.. or i could start at Z and u could start at # and then just go back and do all the ones we missed?
DarkStalker
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DarkStalker »

If you want to start from Z and work down, that would be good. Just do whatever games you have (as I have said, I'm sure there are a few that I am missing) and since I have most of the rarities (demos and so on), we'll eventually have everything we need. Try to be somewhat descriptive or just tell me what games are acting strangely for you and I'll just write up a report similar to the others I already have. I'll be going through all the games myself eventually but having other viewpoints wouldn't hurt anything. Go ahead and do what you can and I'll add them in ASAP. Send them to me by e-mail.
Good to see that I got at least SOMEWHAT of a response. :)
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

That's VERY good.

I think 404NotFound is jealous :D
It's thinking...
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

I don't care, really... as u can see i just got the self-boot tutorial back up. At the moment i'm burning two cd's worth of roms (at 1x speed >_<)

this time around i'll try to be faster etc. and i may be able to do 2 pages an hour instead of one.
DarkStalker
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Update

Post by DarkStalker »

Updated on May 9th, added 108 games. Total around 430 games. Another 3000 - 4000 to go. :)
sqrt(-1)+1
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by sqrt(-1)+1 »

Nice.
DarkStalker
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DarkStalker »

I'm planning a massive update tonight of at least 100 - 150, possibly more. Also, I found that the problem I was having with trying to load up a game and it going straight back to the DreamSNES title screen was the result of some problems with the disc (scratches and so on), but I have a backup discs so some of the games that were previously marked as unplayable will be fixed. I'm also going to recount the ROMs as I'm sure that I have miscounted here or there.
Time to start testing.
DarkStalker
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DarkStalker »

Ok.. newest update to the list. Now at 625 games, a jump of about 195. Not as much as I had hoped since I thought I would have plenty of time to work on the list, but as usual, real life changed things a bit. Between Mother's Day, my girl, my son, friends, some other work, my NHL 2002 season, Spider-Man on PS2, Phantasy Star Online V2 and other games, it's been a bit difficult to get things done. Anyways, enjoy and as always, feedback encouraged.

That's 1 CD down, 6 more to go. :/
DarkStalker
Tank-X
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Tank-X »

Something that could be helpful for navigating through your list is if you would separate the sections a bit (put a gap between the A's and B's, for example). Also, some links to go to a letter instantly would also be fairly helpful.

Just some suggestions, which would improve the simplicity of finding a game as the list gets longer.

Other than that, the list looks great so far. Keep it up :D
DarkStalker
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DarkStalker »

Ok, updated again at 10:30am because I had nothing better to do this morning. Added 45 new games to the list, bringing the total up to a nice round 660 games listed. Btw, if there's a certain game you need, look me up.

Tank-X, thanks for the comments. I was beginning to think about navigation myself as the file was getting longer and longer. I will throw in the improvements you suggested when I update next (probably in the next day or so). Later on, I may split up the list and have each letter on a separate page and also have the list as one long page (as it is now) for those who like to download the list as one file for use offline or however they feel.
DarkStalker
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DarkStalker »

Ok, another quick update. The list has entries for 682 games (an increase of only 22). That completes the C games and starts off the D's. This update was just basically an excuse to go ahead and reformat the list a little bit to incorperate a few of Tank-X's navigational ideas. I hope that this is more to everyone's liking and will help people out. I added a Table Of Contents to the top and some credits to the end of it. I plan to get some more games tested and posted later on tonight.

Feedback encouraged.

DarkStalker
sqrt(-1)+1
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by sqrt(-1)+1 »

Segmenting sections by letter helped a bit. I think some more space in the next update would make it even better. Something like

<h1>A</h1>
<table/>
<p>&nbsp;<p>&nbsp;<p>

<h1>B</h1>
<table/>

or so...
sqrt(-1)+1
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by sqrt(-1)+1 »

I'd like to see this thread made sticky btw.
DarkStalker
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DarkStalker »

I'll be making it a bit more spaced out as you suggested. It should be done in the next update to the list (which I am currently working on with about 60 - 80 more games).

DarkStalker
DarkStalker
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DarkStalker »

Ok... since I have nothing better to do right now, another update today.

Added 92 games to the list, bringing the total up to 774 games. Also added the extra space between letter sets as mentioned by sqrt(-1)+1. What do you think?

Anything else you want to see added or changed in the list? Perhaps you have different results than I did with a game or just have a few facts about a game that I don't? Leave them here or contact me using the information below or on the list itself.

And now, I'll go and idle in the DCEmulation.com IRC channel for a while while I get a few more games done.

DarkStalker
Tank-X
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Tank-X »

sqrt(-1)+1 wrote:I'd like to see this thread made sticky btw.
I'll second that.
DarkStalker
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DarkStalker »

Another update, this time a small game update and a few typos fixed. Added 15 games to the list, which now totals 789. I'm dead tired... no more updates until the morning.

DarkStalker
Pinoy2201
DCEmu's Selfboot Guy
DCEmu's Selfboot Guy

Post by Pinoy2201 »

wow i feel like im in a candy store :) thanks Dark..see you in da IRC channel