Bomb Rush Cyberfunk

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk

Post by |darc| »

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1353 ... Cyberfunk/

Released today. The spiritual successor to Jet Set Radio. Music by Hideki Naganuma.

I'm about 90 minutes in, and it's awesome. This is the sequel to Jet Grind Radio / Jet Set Radio Future that everyone has been looking for. The story and characters are more fleshed out, the controls are better, the tricks / points actually matter, etc.

I'd love to know why Sega didn't make this game earlier. What a missed opportunity for them.
It's thinking...
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bomb Rush Cyberfunk

Post by law56ker »

I just heard about it a couple days ago. crazy how good Jet Set looked on the dreamcast so many years ago. It's insane how good so many games looked on dreamcast, how much excellent homebrew and emulators were released for it. The dreamcast first, the psp, and the og xbox were amazing for starting user friendly emulation and homebrew. I don't think we'll see communities like that ever again. The steamdeck is a pretty cool system, it's got a pretty good community.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I don't know if I am confusing something but I saw a JSR documentary that said Bombrush developers reached out to Sega for licensing.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

See this is why I still come here. Literally never heard of this and loving it. Thanks Mr. Darc.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I'm All City baby. I completed the story a couple days ago. There's a good chunk of stuff to do after the story between collecting all the graffiti, outfits, music, the achievements, etc. so I'm trying to 100% the game in the coming days.

Definitely still highly recommended after completing the story. Good shit.
It's thinking...