The official stament....on that pic!

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
LyonHrt
Princess LyonHrt
Princess LyonHrt
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The official stament....on that pic!

Post by LyonHrt »

Well i was checking the sites, and it seems that The Panoptican has posted something on that site about it! :D

So if you want to have a laugh, read in.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Thanks, LyonHrt!
Panoptican's Site wrote:Official Statement regarding Neo DC pic:

Yes, the screen shot of Neo DC running is most definitely fake -no question about it. There was NO time or effort spent doctoring it to make it look real. Heck, we didn't even make it too hard to find...all you had to do was search for neo geo sites and you would have found it.

Having noted this, our emulator is real. As you can see, we have NO real pictures of Neo DC running. Of course, there was pressure to show some evidence (I am lazy), so we created a false picture. It was a great hoax and one that we thought would last only one day...because the original picture is sooo easy to find. Evidently, we were wrong and we decided to see how long it would take before someone found the picture. Today someone did.

I realize this might harm our credibility as programmers, and it's something we were prepared to face right from the beginning.

Neo DC IS real. Neo DC IS being programmed still. Neo DC will come out this summer. No, we don't have pics of it. No, my friend never owned a digital camera...and I don't have running pictures.

The Panoptican

PS: I am MORE than happy to answer questions regarding the emu and take flak for our stint. If you have questions regarding my technical/programming merits, cuz gimme a hollar.

We are usually on dalnet, #neodcemu

Peace.
This part particularly cracks me up:
Panoptican's Site wrote:Yes, the screen shot of Neo DC running is most definitely fake -no question about it. There was NO time or effort spent doctoring it to make it look real. Heck, we didn't even make it too hard to find...all you had to do was search for neo geo sites and you would have found it.

Having noted this, our emulator is real.
It's so fake it's indescribable.
It's thinking...
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Will this ever die?
Pinoy2201
DCEmu's Selfboot Guy
DCEmu's Selfboot Guy

Post by Pinoy2201 »

what fake emu ...i just went to his site amd found the files for the so calld emu but it was hackked and would not run in a DC....if he was so eager to prove it is real thn why didnt he just realease thoses files as Alpa release wat a dumb azz
mirrorsaw_2000
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by mirrorsaw_2000 »

Christ, how dumb does he think we are?

This reminds me of that saying..."Fool me once, shame on you...Fool me twice, shame on me."
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

OK, so he/they were too lazy to get a screenshot of NeoDC running, yet they spent time photoshopping two pictures together.
Doesn't make sense to me :|
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

404NotFound wrote:Will this ever die?
The stillborn are forever doomed to walk the earth as the undead...
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
the panoptican
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by the panoptican »

Yeah, it was a crappy pic. I can admit that. Chaos_X thought it'd be funny to make an edited picture that was obviously not the emu. I thought: "what the heck?"....so we did it. Partly in time for April fools, we uploaded it to the site.

My thoughts: there hasn't been a screen pic yet, even though we've been hosting this site for a while. The screen pic that we DID put up was hilarious and even with blatant proof of tampering, we decided to deny accusations of fraud until someone could find the original pic. The site is still updated regularly; status on Neo DC is given to the public.

We DID make a fake pic, which we thought would be a short, fun stint...especially for all those load-mouthed flamers and spammers. But we are *still* working on the emulator and look forward releasing it this summer(ish).

The Panoptican

I'll be on IRC more when my computer is working. Right now I am on dial-up.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

the panoptican wrote:Yeah, it was a crappy pic. I can admit that. Chaos_X thought it'd be funny to make an edited picture that was obviously not the emu. I thought: "what the heck?"....so we did it. Partly in time for April fools, we uploaded it to the site.

My thoughts: there hasn't been a screen pic yet, even though we've been hosting this site for a while. The screen pic that we DID put up was hilarious and even with blatant proof of tampering, we decided to deny accusations of fraud until someone could find the original pic. The site is still updated regularly; status on Neo DC is given to the public.

We DID make a fake pic, which we thought would be a short, fun stint...especially for all those load-mouthed flamers and spammers. But we are *still* working on the emulator and look forward releasing it this summer(ish).

The Panoptican

I'll be on IRC more when my computer is working. Right now I am on dial-up.
Don't post any more pictures. Any dumbass can take a picture of a NeoGeo game, say, Metal Slug, running on MAME for PC. Then load up one of the JPEG slideshows for DC. Maximize the pic right in the right position on the screen.... BAM an instant screenshot. Or you could do the same with a fake menu made in photoshop.

No one beleives you. No one will until you but out a release.
It's thinking...
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

|darc| wrote: Don't post any more pictures. Any dumbass can take a picture of a NeoGeo game, say, Metal Slug, running on MAME for PC. Then load up one of the JPEG slideshows for DC. Maximize the pic right in the right position on the screen.... BAM an instant screenshot. Or you could do the same with a fake menu made in photoshop.

No one beleives you. No one will until you but out a release.
Darc, don't tell him how to make slightly more convincing fakes! Tsk, now we are going to see a surge in badly-made JPEG fakes in the DC scene :cry: ... just kidding man
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

There are better ways of making fake screenshots runing on a TV than to photoshop them.-_-
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

yeah, like what darc said.. stupid darc.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

The funniest fake was saddsnes :lol:

But the biggest publicity stunt for a fake.. That I can remember, Was the Jim Henderson sit. and his "N64 EMU".
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

You guys missed him in #dcemu last night. He kept talking about he was going to confess to something, then he took forever updating his site, and we all to laugh at him when we finally got to read that crap.
He also says he will send alphas to 4 or 5 people and listed them, can't remember all of them: HyperG, 007, he said maybe to MrSiggler, can't remember the rest.
archduke
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by archduke »

:o WOW Its so fake its Real!!!
qreturns
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by qreturns »

This emulator was obviously fake. I don't understand the satisfaction in proving it. The best thing is to ignore a fake. When you hound these people you discourage actual programmers from releasing anything.