For sale: Gamecube and Saturn stuff

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

For sale: Gamecube and Saturn stuff

Post by Eviltaco64X »

Up for sale today is a Nintendo Gamecube (DOL-001/Black/NTSC-U) with the following:

Games:
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Mario Kart Double Dash!!
    Metroid Prime
    NFL Street
    Resident Evil Remake
    Resident Evil 4
    Sonic Mega Collection (Player's Choice)
    Tony Hawk's Underground
    Viewtiful Joe
    Viewtiful Joe 2

Accessories:
  • Platinum Nintendo Wavebird with RF Receiver
    Official Gamecube Component Cables
    Composite Cables
    16MB Intec Memory Card (3rd party)
    110v-120v AC Adapter

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/8547/bundlef.jpg (The entire package)
http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/1913/gamessd.jpg (Alternate view of games)
http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/2060/component.jpg (Component Cables)
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6963/compositez.jpg (Composite Cables)
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1882/wavehouse.jpg (The Wavebird)
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7868/acadapt.jpg (AC Adapter)
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9563/dol001.jpg (Console sticker)

$150USD + shipping takes it all, domestic shipping only! (This bundle will only be for sale until Friday!)

Also up for sale is an early unmodified Model 2 Sega Saturn (MK-80000A) in good condition that comes with the following:

Games:
  • Street Fighter Alpha 2 (US)
    Sonic Jam (US)

Accessories:
  • Composite Cables
    2 Model 2 controllers
    Brand New Battery for game saves (purchased and installed last month)
    Power Cable

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4438/img0285v.jpg (picture of the games)

Asking $65USD + shipping (especially since Sonic Jam can easily be resold for $40+) for the bundle. Once again, domestic shipping only.

Everything listed has been tested and is in fully working order. If anyone's interested, throw me a PM.

Thanks for reading,
Eviltaco64
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: For sale: Gamecube and Saturn stuff

Post by DanteJay »

Thanks for sharing Eviltaco64

I'd buy something from you but I already have most of the above.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

DanteJay wrote:Thanks for sharing Eviltaco64

I'd buy something from you but I already have most of the above.
Lol, it's understandable. The Gamecube is no longer for sale and the component cables have been sold. I still have no reason not to sell the Saturn, though.
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

Really sweet GC deal there, too bad about the domestic shipping thing. And I already have a GC, but no component, so I'll have to make do with s-video... that is, if I ever buy a TV with s-video. All I have is a very shitty CRT with composite and RF. Goddamnit.

Also: in that NFL Street cover, is that a caveman? :lol:
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

Eviltaco64X wrote: I still have no reason not to sell the Saturn, though.
Panzer. Dragoon. Saga.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

DanteJay wrote:
Eviltaco64X wrote: I still have no reason not to sell the Saturn, though.
Panzer. Dragoon. Saga.
That is if actually finds a copy that doesn't cost more than the entire collection he's selling.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

melancholy wrote:
DanteJay wrote:
Panzer. Dragoon. Saga.
That is if actually finds a copy that doesn't cost more than the entire collection he's selling.
I have it so I could hook him up with it for free. :winker:
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

DanteJay wrote:
melancholy wrote:
DanteJay wrote:
Panzer. Dragoon. Saga.
I have it so I could hook him up with it for free. :winker:
If you want to hook me up with PDS for free, then be my guest! ;)
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

Eviltaco64X wrote:If you want to hook me up with PDS for free, then be my guest! ;)
Done.

So on Saturday I popped in a new battery in my Saturn and started Panzer Dragoon Saga from disc 1. I'm now a 1/4 of the way into disc 2. At the risk of a back-lash, I must speak out and say that in my opinion this game has aged much better than FFVII.

1) Battle system is more fun (also sky battles ftw)
2) Graphics are better
3) Loading times are much better

The first half of disc 1 is alright (the story is somewhat hard to relate to in the beginning), but as you go through the latter half of disc 1 into disc 2, I'm hooked. Playing through this really strikes a chord with me on how similar Skies of Arcadia is to Panzer Dragoon Saga, which really makes me happy.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

DanteJay wrote:
Eviltaco64X wrote:If you want to hook me up with PDS for free, then be my guest! ;)
Done.

So on Saturday I popped in a new battery in my Saturn and started Panzer Dragoon Saga from disc 1. I'm now a 1/4 of the way into disc 2. At the risk of a back-lash, I must speak out and say that in my opinion this game has aged much better than FFVII.

1) Loading times are better
2) Graphics are better
3) Battle system is more fun (also sky battles ftw)

The first half of disc 1 is alright (the story is somewhat hard to relate to in the beginning), but as you go through the latter half of disc 1 into disc 2, I'm hooked. Playing through this really strikes a chord with me on how similar Skies of Arcadia is to Panzer Dragoon Saga, which really makes me happy. :)r Skies of Arcadia is to Panzer Dragoon Saga, which really makes me happy. :)
Of course, PDS did not give us this fine piece of culture:

On a more serious note, I've been seriously contemplating a Saturn. I had one back when I was a freshman in college, but ended up giving it away because all the best games for it were either rare/expensive or Japan only. But the prices don't seem to be any higher now than they were then, and since I have a bit more disposable income these days, it might be nice to jump in while prices are being held (somewhat) in check by the recession.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

DaMadFiddler wrote: Of course, PDS did not give us this fine piece of culture:
True, but also FFVII definitely reached a much larger audience, and thus more people relate to it. I want to say FFVII has a better story, but to be fair I have to finish PDS first.
DaMadFiddler wrote: On a more serious note, I've been seriously contemplating a Saturn. I had one back when I was a freshman in college, but ended up giving it away because all the best games for it were either rare/expensive or Japan only. But the prices don't seem to be any higher now than they were then, and since I have a bit more disposable income these days, it might be nice to jump in while prices are being held (somewhat) in check by the recession.
One thing I've noticed about the Sega Saturn in the Toronto market, is that it's a bit hard to come by. Not because it didn't sell here (I believe it did much better here than in the USA), but because most Saturn owners don't want to get rid of it. Heh.

I know that with me, a lot of the newer games coming out have caused me to lose quite a bit of interest, and I've found myself looking back to the past couple of generations to see what I missed. Hence my return to the Saturn. Plus, it's easy to find the Saturn games I don't have on the net. Of course, nothing beats the experience of flipping through the booklet and appreciating the box art, etc.

Before deciding on getting one, I would look up a list of it's games to see what interests you on the platform. That would probably help you make your mind over. :wink:
Last edited by DanteJay on Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Well, the Saturn has always seemed more expensive than most other platforms to start collecting, largely because of its relative scarcity. The only reason I had one to begin with was because (cue that stupid generator) I found it in a thrift store for $8, with two controllers and a copy of Sonic R. I managed to put together a small collection of games at the time thanks to eBay, but it's really not a platform that's friendly to a college budget.

I'm a bit better off now, and can afford to buy silly things once in a while. And since the Saturn is pretty much the only (major) console whose library I haven't explored very much, it seems like now might be a good time to dive in.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I've never had the opportunity to play PDS, half because I got my Saturn sometime after 2000, and half because by then copies hit the $200 range. Unless they port it to something else, I'll probably never play it.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

melancholy wrote:I've never had the opportunity to play PDS, half because I got my Saturn sometime after 2000, and half because by then copies hit the $200 range. Unless they port it to something else, I'll probably never play it.
Wikipedia wrote:Although the game is frequently requested to be re-released on a modern format by fans, there is apparently no interest from within Sega in re-issuing it for any console whatsoever. Team leader Yukio Futatsugi has also confirmed that the original source code for the game has been lost, adding further weight to the unlikelihood of a port.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_Dra ... r_reaction
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

Team leader Yukio Futatsugi has also confirmed that the original source code for the game has been lost, adding further weight to the unlikelihood of a port.
This is true. They would have to entirely re-create the game for newer platforms. Which in my opinion kind of adds to the epic-ness and nostalgia of playing it on the Sega Saturn.
melancholy wrote:I've never had the opportunity to play PDS, half because I got my Saturn sometime after 2000, and half because by then copies hit the $200 range. Unless they port it to something else, I'll probably never play it.
Yeah, there's a couple of sealed copies on ebay selling for $600-$1000 (Take that FFVII!! :P).

But seriously, it's really is worth playing. Check your pm.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I know it's against board policy, but this seems like one of those cases where warez really is warranted. It's a game frequently cited as one of the best of its time, with very few copies produced, and no way of ever rereleasing it.

Well, I suppose if they really wanted to do a rerelease, they could package disc images into an emulator and do it that way, but Saturn emulation is notoriously tricky and resource-intensive. But a four-disc game is far too big to be a digital download, and Sega has repeatedly denied any interest into even investigating a new release.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

DaMadFiddler wrote:Well, I suppose if they really wanted to do a rerelease, they could package disc images into an emulator and do it that way, but Saturn emulation is notoriously tricky and resource-intensive. But a four-disc game is far too big to be a digital download, and Sega has repeatedly denied any interest into even investigating a new release.
I still think Sega should just outsource development of an official emulator to the author(s) of SSF or Yabause. If anyone has an understanding of the Saturn these days, it's them.

As for 4 disc games being too big, isn't Final Fantasy VIII on PSN?
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Eviltaco64X wrote:As for 4 disc games being too big, isn't Final Fantasy VIII on PSN?
Heck, some current-gen demos are bigger than Final Fantasy VIII.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

A 4-disc game won't weigh in at more than a couple of gigabytes - perhaps less.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

Ok, so last night I finished disc 2. I was pretty ecstatic but it was time for bed and off I went. So tonight I was really looking forward to continuing on through disc 3.

So I boot up my Saturn and went to play disc 3. After the Team Andromeda logo, I was presented with a message that said my memory cartridge is not formatted for use. So I went into the bios screen to check the onboard memory and all my saves are gone. The battery had just failed me. #$%&!!!!

This will be the last you hear from me until I calm down...