Do you smoke?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Specially Cork
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by Specially Cork »

Wagh wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:I cant wait for the no smoking in public legislation to come into effect. That will be a great day.
I love it when people who don't smoke act like they're better than one who does. It's classic.
Who said that? What I think is that simply, when Im in public I have the right to breathe air, not the crap coming out of a smoker's mouth.
GratefulDead
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by GratefulDead »

Thanks for clearing things up, darc. That was a bunch of straight bullshit. I don't smoke from hookahs, but I have and I know that they're not nearly as bad as ciggarettes.

As far as a public smoking ban's concerned... I don't know. I used to vehiminently despise ciggarettes as they'd instantly give me migraines. Now I can tolerate them to an extent. Smoking in door ways and in no smoking areas pisses me off to no end. I could punch the next smoker I see lighting one up underneath a no smoking sign.

Imported cigars are something that I definitely enjoy in moderation. I still can't smoke, nor stand to be near ciggarettes. If I walk through a smokey area where it's enough to cling to my clothes, it frustrates me a lot. I don't know if a public smoking ban could be pulled off in north america. I don't WANT people to smoke in public, but I wouldn't support a full out ban.
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

BoneyCork wrote:
Wagh wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:I cant wait for the no smoking in public legislation to come into effect. That will be a great day.
I love it when people who don't smoke act like they're better than one who does. It's classic.
Who said that? What I think is that simply, when Im in public I have the right to breathe air, not the crap coming out of a smoker's mouth.
If you're in a densely populated enough area to be bothered by smokers, I suggest you consider the shit puffing out the back of all those cars passing by before you point fingers.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

I read that entire thing about hookahs and whatnot, and this caught my attention:

which found that a session of hookah smoking which lasts about 45 minutes, delivers 36 times more tar, 15 times more carbon monoxide and 70% more nicotine than a single cigarette.

... 36 times more tar than a single cigarrette? Guess I won't be going to a hookah bar anytime soon. Unless of course I misread the thing.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
popley
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by popley »

ok... dont go then.
"It's only after we've lost everything, that we are truly free to do anything." Fight Club

http://www.geocities.com/nesterdcgamecodes
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

MulletMan13 wrote:I read that entire thing about hookahs and whatnot, and this caught my attention:

which found that a session of hookah smoking which lasts about 45 minutes, delivers 36 times more tar, 15 times more carbon monoxide and 70% more nicotine than a single cigarette.

... 36 times more tar than a single cigarrette? Guess I won't be going to a hookah bar anytime soon. Unless of course I misread the thing.
I wouldn't think it would matter since it's just a special occasion. Going like once every couple months or whatever wouldn't hurt you. If you spend hours at a time everyday smoking a hookah then it might do some damage.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

jaredfogle wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
Wagh wrote:
If you're in a densely populated enough area to be bothered by smokers, I suggest you consider the crap puffing out the back of all those cars passing by before you point fingers.
I do consider the crap puffing out the back of all those cars. But cars are currently a necessity, smoking in public isnt. Plus cars dont sit in restaurants blowing fumes in my face while im trying to enjoy a meal.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

There's a non-smoking section for a reason.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

Mr. Jeeba wrote:There's a non-smoking section for a reason.
Yeah... but unfortunately, smoke often bleeds into the no-smoking section.

- Fuzmeister
GratefulDead
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by GratefulDead »

How are cars a neccessity?
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Mr. Jeeba wrote:There's a non-smoking section for a reason.
I dont know if you noticed, but smoke travels through the air. it isnt very good at staying within the in the confines of the "smoking area". Aditionally, most bars/pubs/clubs dont have non smoking areas, and it pisses me off when I come back from a night out always reeking of tobacco
GratefulDead wrote:How are cars a neccessity?

If a law came into force tomorrow banning all smoking in public places, it wouldnt make much difference to the general running of society. If a law came into force tomorrow banning all forms of road transport, society, and the economy would completely collapse. Thats what i mean by necessary.

Okay, we dont need cars to live, but smoking in public can be wiped out without major problems (this has been proven in many countries already), cars cannot.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

|Darc| are Djarum Vanillas cloves?
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Thomas wrote:|Darc| are Djarum Vanillas cloves?
Yes. I don't smoke regular cigarettes.
It's thinking...
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

|darc| wrote:
I can never finish a pack of cloves, good for like 1/2 a pack then just get sick. I may give these a try, and put them away when I get sick of them. I really liked the Djarum blacks, specials were not good.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Thomas wrote:
|darc| wrote:
I can never finish a pack of cloves, good for like 1/2 a pack then just get sick. I may give these a try, and put them away when I get sick of them. I really liked the Djarum blacks, specials were not good.
You can't smoke them like regular cigarettes. At least not until you are really used to them.

A pack lasts me like two weeks.

I really want to try the Djarum Black Cappucinos (yep, Cappucinos!), but I can't find them anywhere around here.
It's thinking...
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

I don't smoke.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

|darc| wrote:
Thomas wrote:
|darc| wrote:
You can't smoke them like regular cigarettes. At least not until you are really used to them.

I really want to try the Djarum Black Cappucinos (yep, Cappucinos!), but I can't find them anywhere around here.
Cappucinos actually sound good too. Vanilla sound excellent too, so I'll check tomm when I can get to the tobacco shop. I'll probably pick up a pack of american spirts too, try some no additives stuff. Too bad Djarums are a bit expensive, around $7.25ish.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Thomas wrote:
|darc| wrote:
Thomas wrote:
|darc| wrote:

Cappucinos actually sound good too. Vanilla sound excellent too, so I'll check tomm when I can get to the tobacco shop. I'll probably pick up a pack of american spirts too, try some no additives stuff. Too bad Djarums are a bit expensive, around $7.25ish.
They also have cherry flavored, but I haven't tried those. The vanillas are great, and are my personal favorite. They smell really good second hand as well. I think most non-smokers wouldn't mind the smell at all (though most don't mind cloves as much as regulars anyway).
It's thinking...
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

I haven't smoked for a good 4 years.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

Ok people, if you're worried about the effects of smoking, I suggest that you don't look at the image below which in graphic and vivid detail displays the true damage that smoking can cause:

Remember don't look if you have a weak stomach or are easily upset.

I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services