My brother is scaring me...

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Ender »

|darc| wrote:
zerotype wrote:Boo hoo I just am unorgnized :(.
I need pillz to make it all betters yeses.
It isnt real get over it, and stop blaming your stuff on that. i got that on my report card as well so what. Ever heard of taking responsbility for your own actions?
EVER HEARD OF A DISORDER? fudging RETARDS, IT EXISTS, STOP TRYING TO FIND SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.
I think what Zero is trying to say is that there are many, many people who exhibit the same symptoms and are generally just called lazy. In fact, most of them call themselves lazy, even if they do actually try.

For example, I can actually focus myself on something if I care about it. However, I can't make myself care about something. There's an underlying "meh" attitude that I can't break through. Though those few things I can usually focus on (let's say 4 out of 7 days).

Even if you really want to focus, you can't. So, do you diagnose the person with ADD, depression, or any number of other disorders that fit the bill?

Maybe it's just me, (and possibly Zero), but I've tried many a thing to break out of that, including medication and the like, and whether or not it's normal for the rest of the population, I dunno, but I consider it normal. In fact, I blame it on a boredom of life.

I know myself, and the days that I can actually focus, it's almost manic. I can get anything done in little to no time. I understand it, I retain it, and it's great. I just really hate to try living off of pills.

Back on topic though:

I personally would try to ignore everything. However, the problem with that is that he's exhibited violent behaviour, ignoring it may increase the violence. Unfortunately, reciprocating would likely lead to more violence, and by more forceful needs.

Basically, given the violence, I'd take him to the doc. And if that doc didn't do something, I'd take him to another.
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

Well, I used to be a little rambunctious until I discovered weed too, but I am still a little wacko :mrgreen:. I got sent to an insane place at the hospital for stealing my brother's car and being gone for like 4 days. I had the time of my life though those 4 days. I was locked up in the hospital for about 28 days. It was fun, I was cool with about all the night crew staff members, but the dayshift people were ass holes, most of them.
--==--
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Kick his ass. If anyone steps out of line around me I show them whats what. Dont take sh-t from anyone, ecspecially little punk bastards who think they are hardcore.

The more he gets out of line, the more the beating he shall recieve. Unless he is truely insane, then he has to be admitted........after a beating. I had ADD as a child, but grew out of it, and what you described is something completly different the ADD-ADHD.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Everyone has ADD.
Very sexy hero, omg
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Your mom has ADD!
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

einbebop44 wrote:Everyone has ADD.
you mean everyone has AIDS.

I've got ADHD, I went through a long process to figure out whether I was or not, and this was pre-TV commercials. I'm gifted, lazier than shit, and have an attention span thats minute.

I quit taking my meds recently, and I'm officially feeling better, but i'm pretty volatile.

As for your brother, either kick the shit outta him, and make him know you won't tolerate the way he treats your family, or send him to an institute.

Perhaps even a weekend in a padded room will give you guys the time to think about what to do.

Seriously consider a temporary commitment.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by megaman8x »

This kid seriously needs 100cc of belt to ass, It seems more like he wants attention then anything but the whole situtation sounds stupid, what grown woman is offended by the word "meanie"?!?! I say if your scared of a 9 year old, your the one with problems.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

well kenichi, one piece of advice to start with

dont just beat his ass all the time or something, it might work, but im not sure, and it might do more damage then it solves, have him checked out first to see what exactly is wrong

but dont allow him to walk over you, if he tries to take a swing at you with a golf club, step into it, block the swing and take his ass down, make sure he understands he has not a chance of winning a fight against you, once he gest the idea he can take you, you wont be safe

also, make sure the litle bugger doesnt even have golfclubs or anything else usable as a weapon within his inmediate reach
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

A gestalt therapist or a behaviorist would do wonders for this kid. Gestalt therapy takes longer but finds the root of the problem and resolves it a behaviorist would just recondition the kid to behave and would get results in 6 sessions but the issues causing the problem will still be there.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Ender wrote:
|darc| wrote:
zerotype wrote:Boo hoo I just am unorgnized :(.
I need pillz to make it all betters yeses.
It isnt real get over it, and stop blaming your stuff on that. i got that on my report card as well so what. Ever heard of taking responsbility for your own actions?
EVER HEARD OF A DISORDER? fudging RETARDS, IT EXISTS, STOP TRYING TO FIND SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.
I think what Zero is trying to say is that there are many, many people who exhibit the same symptoms and are generally just called lazy. In fact, most of them call themselves lazy, even if they do actually try.

For example, I can actually focus myself on something if I care about it. However, I can't make myself care about something. There's an underlying "meh" attitude that I can't break through. Though those few things I can usually focus on (let's say 4 out of 7 days).

Even if you really want to focus, you can't. So, do you diagnose the person with ADD, depression, or any number of other disorders that fit the bill?

Maybe it's just me, (and possibly Zero), but I've tried many a thing to break out of that, including medication and the like, and whether or not it's normal for the rest of the population, I dunno, but I consider it normal. In fact, I blame it on a boredom of life.

I know myself, and the days that I can actually focus, it's almost manic. I can get anything done in little to no time. I understand it, I retain it, and it's great. I just really hate to try living off of pills.
There's a problem with both people who falsely diagnose themselves with such disorders and with those who criticize others for having these disorders. They're real. Some may milk their problems for pills, some may not. The reason why I yelled is because mulletman13 is obviously not the type of person that milks his disorder and he was giving us a great story of his first-hand experience with an ADD diagnosis. zerotype felt the need to completely criticize him for this. I felt it was beyond a personal attack.
It's thinking...
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by megaman8x »

ADD is only considered a disease in the uS