80's Glam Metal

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by not just souLLy now »

BoneyCork wrote:
ace wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:I wouldn't stick my genitals anywhere near Pamela Anderson. Eww.
She's cleaner than most celebrities.
I wasn't referring to that. I just think she looks disgusting. Fake barbie-doll over-tanned Los Angeles Blonde does nothing for me at all.
basically what he's saying is, she's not asian enough
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

not just souLLy now wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
ace wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:I wouldn't stick my genitals anywhere near Pamela Anderson. Eww.
She's cleaner than most celebrities.
I wasn't referring to that. I just think she looks disgusting. Fake barbie-doll over-tanned Los Angeles Blonde does nothing for me at all.
basically what he's saying is, she's not asian enough
Yeah pretty much.
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by S. Thompson »

I've said this a thousand times before to many people, but can't you think someone is talented and still dislike them or vice versa?

Who you like and who you think is talented are two different things entirely.

- Fuzmeister
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I've said this a thousand times before to many people, but can't you think someone is talented and still dislike them or vice versa?

Who you like and who you think is talented are two different things entirely.
I've pretty much said this for quite some time now. Just because someone is talented and obviously doing well at what they do, doesn't mean they're gonna be popular with everyone.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Good music that will last through the ages all have one thing in common: passion.

It's something I've hit upon. This is why emo bands and the such will never last, they speak about feelings and emotions. At its best, rock is all passion. Often that passion is lust, so you get a lot of songs about getting some, but the point still holds.

In trying to get my wife to understand, and shut her up about Richard Marx, I asked her a simple question: Which is better, "Waiting for You" or "See You on the Other Side"?

Ozzy totally won. Because while they are ultimately both about longing and heartache, Marx just writes about how that makes him feel, while Ozzy makes you feel it.
No signature.
JKKDARK
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7

Post by JKKDARK »

man, if you didn't like Pamela Anderson in the 90's then you don't like girls :roll:
souLLy wrote:Britney Spears has sold more than 76 million records, how can you say she's not talented?

We are talking when the music had quality, not in 1999 :roll:
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

JKKDARK wrote:
man, if you didn't like Pamela Anderson in the 90's then you don't like girls :roll:
Pamela Anderson is ass-ugly. I don't like Barbie dolls; I like real girls.
JKKDARK wrote:
souLLy wrote:Britney Spears has sold more than 76 million records, how can you say she's not talented?

We are talking when the music had quality, not in 1999 :roll:
I listen to mostly old music, but that's a very stupid thing to say.
It's thinking...
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

JKKDARK wrote:
So because I'm not attracted to some generic airhead LA bimbo with fake boobs, bleached hair and an inch-think layer of make-up on her face I'm suddenly gay? :roll:

There are many, many women on this planet who look far more attractive than Pamela Anderson and try far less hard to get that way.
JKKDARK
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7

Post by JKKDARK »

|darc| wrote:I listen to mostly old music, but that's a very stupid thing to say.
Then tell me what actual successful bands are better than the 70's/80's successful bands

BoneyCork wrote:So because I'm not attracted to some generic airhead LA bimbo with fake boobs, bleached hair and an inch-think layer of make-up on her face I'm suddenly gay? Rolling Eyes

There are many, many women on this planet who look far more attractive than Pamela Anderson and try far less hard to get that way.
so and which famous girl actually is not like Pamela Anderson in the old days?
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

JKKDARK wrote:
|darc| wrote:I listen to mostly old music, but that's a very stupid thing to say.
Then tell me what actual successful bands are better than the 70's/80's successful bands

BoneyCork wrote:So because I'm not attracted to some generic airhead LA bimbo with fake boobs, bleached hair and an inch-think layer of make-up on her face I'm suddenly gay? Rolling Eyes

The worst thing is you're serious about all of this
JKKDARK
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7

Post by JKKDARK »

I thought non-serious discussion goes to JUNK, that's why I posted on the Off-Topic Forum
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

JKKDARK wrote:
Who cares about success? I would agree that most of the stuff that's being played on the radio nowadays is complete trash compared to stuff played 20-30 years ago. But if you want to choose good 80s music, most glam rock stuff is shit, which is why grunge became so popular--it was the opposite of that.

The following are all good artists that produced great music after the 80s. Some I like more than others; some I don't like much but I recognize their musical contribution and would agree that they produced significant music.

Alanis Morissette
Ben Folds
The Black Crowes
Bush
Blind Melon
The Cardigans
The Cranberries
Dream Theater
Everclear
Flogging Molly
Foo Fighters
Franz Ferdinand
Green Day
Hootie & The Blowfish
Incubus
Jet
Johnny Cash
KoRn
Marilyn Manson
Matchbox 20
Modest Mouse
Neutral Milk Hotel
Nirvana
Norah Jones
The Offspring
Pearl Jam
The Pixies
The Polyphonic Spree
Rage Against The Machine
Rammstein
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Shakira
The Smashing Pumpkins
Soundgarden
Sublime
System of a Down
Tool
Violent Femmes
The White Stripes

I'm not going to say these are better than music from the 60s, 70s, and 80s. I personally listen to mostly 60s and 70s bands, so that is where my bias is. But to say that there has been no quality music since the 80s is just ridiculous.

JKKDARK wrote:

Who cares about famous girls? Most famous girls that the public grovels over are generic airhead LA bimbos with fake boobs.

I can sit on a bench on my campus and watch girls go by, 7/8 of them are way more attractive than someone like Pamela Anderson or the Barbie dolls on television today. The other 1/8 I would still rather sleep with than Pam Anderson because they are real people, and I find much more passion and love in that.
It's thinking...
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

:roll:
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

JKKDARK wrote:I thought non-serious discussion goes to JUNK, that's why I posted on the Off-Topic Forum
Most of what you've said so far has been subjective, though you've tried to present it as fact. You're entitled to your opinion, as is everybody else. Why can't you just be happy with your opinion without being a dick to people who disagree with you? Here's my opinion: A person who tries to force their opinions on others is either insecure with their own decision making ability, or is just an asshole with no regard for others.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

JKKDARK wrote:
Get off your fucking cloud already. I have no patience for people who criticize today's music without actually listening to anything outside of the pop stations.

Here's a job for you. In your opinion, name bands that YOU think defined music, 90's and up, whether you like them or not. We'll just work from there.
JKKDARK
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7

Post by JKKDARK »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:
JKKDARK wrote:
Get off your fucking cloud already. I have no patience for people who criticize today's music without actually listening to anything outside of the pop stations.

Here's a job for you. In your opinion, name bands that YOU think defined music, 90's and up, whether you like them or not. We'll just work from there.
Firehouse
Black Crowes
Crashdïet
Vains Of Jenna
Shameless
Slaughter
Electric Angels
Saigon Kick
The Darkness
Wig Wam
Red Star Rebels
Velvet Revolver
Blackboard Jungle
Sweet Seduction
Johnny Crash
Silvertide
Trixter
Steelheart
Dirty White Boy
Nelson
Love/Hate
King Lizard

As you see, most of these bands are not on the "pop stations"
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Then what was the point of this whole argument? You just contradicted yourself.
JKKDARK
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7

Post by JKKDARK »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:Then what was the point of this whole argument? You just contradicted yourself.
why? you said "In your opinion, name bands that YOU think defined music, 90's and up, whether you like them or not. We'll just work from there."[/i]
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

JKKDARK wrote:
Freaky Keneaki wrote:Then what was the point of this whole argument? You just contradicted yourself.
why? you said "In your opinion, name bands that YOU think defined music, 90's and up, whether you like them or not. We'll just work from there."[/i]
It was a trick question I suppose. Since you hate new music so much, I didn't expect you to list anything besides Nirvana and Linkin Park. But since you appreciate newer music enough to delve into the underground music, why do you hate it so much? Whether bands like those you listed are popular or not, unless they're playing nothing but 80's covers, they're still representing today's music.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

JKKDARK wrote:
Freaky Keneaki wrote:
JKKDARK wrote:

Firehouse
Black Crowes
Crashdïet
Vains Of Jenna
Shameless
Slaughter
Electric Angels
Saigon Kick
The Darkness
Wig Wam
Red Star Rebels
Velvet Revolver
Blackboard Jungle
Sweet Seduction
Johnny Crash
Silvertide
Trixter
Steelheart
Dirty White Boy
Nelson
Love/Hate
King Lizard

As you see, most of these bands are not on the "pop stations"

You just listed bands you like from the 90s onward, not music that defined the 90s onward, therefore contradicting your argument that nothing from the 90s onward was/is good.
It's thinking...