Atani starts work on DCGen Again! =)

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Kami
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Reposted here as to reach a broader audience....

Post by Kami »

SiliconJesus wrote: And for all you people begging him to continue his work on what was initially STOLEN source code with no intentions of releasing it under the terms of the GPL (which has since been rectified), I am simply flabbergasted!! Have some pride and dignity!!! Don't bow down to someone that is going to throw tantrums and threaten you with cancellation of the project if someone says something that hurts his poor little fragile feelings *sniff* *sniff*.
sounds like you got some messed up emotions. I dunno maybe you wern't hugged as a kid or picked up as much as you would've liked that doesn't mean ya need to go bitching about someone else's shit. Stolen.. hmm last I remember twin was willing to GIVE it away.

- To Atani goodluck :D
Tails Prower
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Tails Prower »

one word:yay! :D
404NotFound wrote: hey mrinsulto or whatever your name is, for the last time
A DREAMCAST IS NOT A PLAYSTATION2!!!
U.S.MALE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.S.MALE »

Yes, Yes YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHSSSSSS!!!!!! Thank you ATANI.
"Ya shouldn't a done that, he's just a boy. Poor little feller."

"Charlie don't surf!!!"
ATani
DCGen Creator
DCGen Creator

Reposted here as to reach a broader audience....

Post by ATani »

SiliconJesus wrote: No Requieme, I am not a 13 year old. It just simply amazes me why people will put up with that kind of crap from anyone!! Atani is in fact the one that is acting like a 13 year old. He is basically saying "If you don't play my way...I'll take my toys and go home!". He needs to learn to live in the REAL world. A place where not EVERYTHING goes your way and a place where he most likely does not dish out this kind of crap. Anyone in the REAL world would have told him where to go and where he can stick his project. Problem is...people can pretend to be whatever they want on the internet with no realistic expectation of the repercussions of their actions to come back and haunt them. In the REAL world he probably gets kicked around and is quiet as a mouse. But here...in the relative anonymity of the internet, he can spout off and throw tantrums all he wants.
And as response to you and others like you... blow it out your arse... your opinions dont matter and are not welcomed when you act like you do... I do work in the real world as a software engineer... When you guys have pissed me off as much as you did with the bullshit that you guys sent me I was ready to leave the entire scene... Instead I just quit working on the project... Now I have decied to work on it again since there are a handful of people who are still decent human beings (you obviously are not in that category based on your input on this thread).
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

:D :D
JustinVisible
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JustinVisible »

I thought Dcgenerator was really good for being completly homebrewed and still in beta format and I just don't think its fair that people like siliconejesus:evil:come in here and ruin it for everyone

Goodluck Atani :!:

I too hope all these stupid people who think something someone worked hard on is junk need to leave this scene
BurgerKing-Where Ca$h is King
UberJim
UberBootCreator
UberBootCreator

Post by UberJim »

I would like to add that this is the best news about the DC scene that I have heard in a while. DCGen has great potential, I believe that it could make it to 100% speed and sound. NES emulation is non-existent on my PC because of all of the great emu's for it on the DC. Hopefully I won't be keeping those Genesis roms on my computer anymore either. Good luck, and Godspeed to you Atani.
aberf
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by aberf »

that emu is illegal(MESSAGE EDITED)
SiliconJesus
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

To Atani

Post by SiliconJesus »

Atani,

When you left the "scene" I really had no hard feelings about it. You were making a step in the right direction by releasing the source to abide by the GPL license of the code you used. This was a very good and redeeming thing in my opinion. But....coming back and saying that you were "punishing" everyone?? Just who in the hell do you think you are?? Is this some sort of internet "God" complex as a replacement for any form of power in the real world??

If you would have come back and simply stated that you were returning to code again, I would have had the utmost respect for you....especially since you abided by the GPL....finally. But, your statement about "punishing" everyone caused me to loose any last shred of respect that you had gained in my eyes. For what it's worth, my opinions shouldn't matter to you. No reason to pout or whine about me saying bad things as everyone is entitled to their opinion. The difference in adults and children is that adults can respectfully disagree with someone elses opinion....while a child is likely to throw a tantrum if he doesn't get his way. Which category do you fit in?? You're at 2 tantrums and counting. Once when you quit becuase there were lame idiots that talked smack....and the second when you came back touting that you were "punishing" the scene. Save a little face man...earn back the respect of the community. Respect goes a lot farther in this world than having everything go exactly how you want it to. In fact....along with respect comes more push and more things going your way.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions represented in the post may not necessarily reflect the opinion of the "scene" as it is called....nor...that of the cute tic-tac-toe playing chicken at the fairgrounds across america.

There scene!! There's your safety valve :-)

Your faithful bitch,

S.J.
PR#6
Rocky Balboa
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

To Atani

Post by Rocky Balboa »

SiliconJesus wrote: DISCLAIMER: The opinions represented in the post may not necessarily reflect the opinion of the "scene" as it is called....nor...that of the cute tic-tac-toe playing chicken at the fairgrounds across america.

There scene!! There's your safety valve :-)

Your faithful bitch,

S.J.
Ahh... What an idea, disclaimer at the end of every post... you rock silicon! :D :lol:
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

ATani,

When DCGen was originally being worked on, I was a very happy person indeed. I would no longer have to use my hacked Sega Smash Pack. When it was discontinued I was no longer happy. Although the beta is a very great release, it's just not fully playable to my standards (I'm very picky sometimes ;) ). Now I am releived to see DCGenerator live on. Please bring the genesis to me!
It's thinking...
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

aberf wrote:Listen, we already have an awesome genesis emulator that was backed up by Sega, it's called SegaGen
Awesome? Thought the sound was kinda sh*t. (and i'm not saying the DC GEn was that good either).

Backed up by Sega? wtf r u talking about? Why would sega back up an illegal emulator?
Last edited by Joestar on Sun Jan 20, 2002 8:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all people. just let him work on it. nothing is great the first time it comes out, give it time. it will be good.and quit e mailing him bad letters. and atanii, you do have to relieze a-lot of ppl on here just want everything perfect. so just try and tune them out and listen to the positive people.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
linkboy321
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

DcGenerator

Post by linkboy321 »

Atani, will future versions of DcGen support the Mad Catz DC controller. It has six face buttons like the 6-button Genesis pad, so I was just wandering.

Anyways, strive to make the best emulator that you can and have fun making it.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

aberf wrote: Listen, we already have an awesome genesis emulator that was backed up by Sega, it's called SegaGen.
Do people not have sound on their TVs anymore? Sheesh! I can't play that emulator for more than 2 minutes without my ears bleeding. That being claimed as a good emulator makes Mystic Meg sound interesting. I would hum tunes from Moonwalker, the game, but unfortuantly I forgot wht they all sound like!!!! It's worse than PC MIDI!!!! If you like the sound on that, you have never played a Genesis.

Oh, and when this is developed into full speeed with sound, you twats can dig it outta your arse! :D Now can you dig that, SUKA!
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

i have one thing to say about all this. All these people who maon about how bad an emu is, i take it u people are not goin to be using it when it makes it to a final release? When its the emu of all emu's played by everyone? Someone made this emu bu choice and he can punish us if he likes, as far as i see it is punishment, i was quite looking forward to the emu a while ago.

Anywayz ive rambled on long enough its just that people like that really PISS ME OFF!!! :evil:
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Katana_

Post by Katana_ »

ATani

Thank you for coming back to the scene. Your work will always be liked and respected by me, and thank you for helping making the scene better with being the first to emulate the genesis. Good luck on your project!
hisashi joe
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by hisashi joe »

As ive said before ATANI...Ignore the a##holes as they will be worshiping you in the end!
Dont even give them the time of day to explain yourself they know nothing as they are nothing but a bunch of warezzing monkey masturbators!!
GOOD LUCK WITH THE EMU ATANI!
ventress
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by ventress »

Just my little message of support dude.
I've noticed that people in the emu scene are divided into 3 groups.

1) Coders

2) Techies who are interested in the actual emu's and like to use them and probably would love to be a good enough coder to work on them

3) Theives who winge when they can't play games they have no legal right to because the emu isn't 100%.

I'm in camp 2 personally and we all know who appears to be sat firmly in camp 3.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Well said Ventress.Your right i have started learning C++(quite unsuccesfully so far)so that i can be one of the ones who write and listen to all the warezing moaners bitch about owning stuff they cant afford.

One other thing i forgot to say before is my respect to Atani.
At least you know i have the respect now.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming