Guess what happened to me today...

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by |darc| »

Only shock I've had is getting shocked with the DC open..

/me is afraid of the hot end of the soldering iron
It's thinking...
Jaded JAaron77
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jaded JAaron77 »

sixteen-bit wrote:[quote="404NotFound
The Farad is essentially the measure of its capacitance. Those 1F audio caps are utterly huge and I personally wouldn't want to mess with it charged. By the way, did you know those low voltage (say 16V) caps make a really satisfying bang followed by some rising steam if connected the wrong way and overvoltage? Something to try next time you're in the lab...
thatd really only work if its electrolytic (cylinder), the little ceramic disc ones just go snap....the electrolytic ones blow up because they have this acid inside and by putting the power through backwards, you short it out, which heats it up, heated stuff expands, so it blows up...the steam is the heated acid. if you cut open a capacitor, you'll see the acid...though I don't know if its harmful to touch....of course you wouldn't want to drink it, definetly no telling what that would do to you.... :?
this is my signature