New Nintendo controller revealed==its a remote!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Dreamcast4life »

nintendo does plan on Controller add-ons to the rev, the only thing that angers me about that is dishing out the money that makes gaming on it more enjoyable.
Have you played dreamcast today?
Number Six
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Number Six »

Dreamcast4life wrote:nintendo does plan on Controller add-ons to the rev, the only thing that angers me about that is dishing out the money that makes gaming on it more enjoyable.
Well, maybe not. Remember back when light gun games would come with the gun (Lethal Enforcers) or, more recently, how Animal Crossing comes with a free memory card (when it would've been easy for Nintendo to say, "Go buy your own")? How come they couldn't do that with the attachments? Buy a "gun game" and get the gun attachment. Buy a racing game, get a steering wheel attachment.

I know the aforementioned add-ons are speculation at best, I use them merely to illustrate that having to buy them may not be the plan.
DARKGATE wrote:look me in the my balls eyes :o
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

This thing is all I want ! :o
Insane homebrew collector.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

It just danwed on me the idea this thing is based on:the game handler. I had one, I got it at a yard sale for $3. a standard nintendo controller, with a tilt sensor. http://www.nesplayer.com/database/acces ... andler.htm
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

Most of what Nintendo said about the current game industry is true. Are they addressing this issue with a fair solution? IDK yet.

Will Nintendo expand the market? Very Likely.
Will Nintendo regain 2nd or even 1st place? *maybe* 2nd.
Number Six
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Number Six »

Honestly, I'm not so sure Nintendo wants to be #1. Of course, they wouldn't turn down the opportunity. I'm just sayin', they're still extremely profitable as a company and that probably won't change with the next generation. As long as they are so profitable, why make a competition out of it? If they could manage to do both: great! But any reasonable company will look at the bottom line before letting a petty thing like "pride" get in the way.
DARKGATE wrote:look me in the my balls eyes :o
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

Number Six wrote:Honestly, I'm not so sure Nintendo wants to be #1. Of course, they wouldn't turn down the opportunity. I'm just sayin', they're still extremely profitable as a company and that probably won't change with the next generation. As long as they are so profitable, why make a competition out of it? If they could manage to do both: great! But any reasonable company will look at the bottom line before letting a petty thing like "pride" get in the way.
Right on.

Nintendo views video games as an art form, Sony and Microsoft as a business.

Look at each company's history, Nintendo has been in games for over a century, they saw this new medium and jumped in and developed it. Sony has been making cheapo electronics for a good while. They tried to nudge in, Nintendo didn't let them, so they grew some nuts and gave people exactly what they wanted (not art). Microsoft is a second-rate software company who has managed to get most of the market using their awful products, they applied this philosophy to their investment into the video game industry (an investment isn't art, either).

There's no need for the Zen/cool/Ghandi-esque Nintendo to hold itself up against Microsoft and Sony.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

cheapo electronics ?

you may not like their entry into the console market but they are innovators in they're own way even.

in co-oporation with Philips they developed the CDs (and to certan extend and DVD and before that compact cassettes) the aperture grille cathode ray tube (Trinitron) and with the invention of the the Walkman the invention of personal, portable entertainment.

and i don't like Sony because of their consoles, i like them because as a kid the colour portable i had lasted 15 years of abuse and my current 21' remote control TV was made in 1976 (and still works great).

slag their consoles all you want, but 'cheapo electronics' is unfair and imo untrue.

between them and Panasonic are probably the best quality you can buy in the mainstream electronics market.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

mikozero wrote:console market but they are innovators in they're own way even.
True, but...
mikozero wrote:in co-oporation with Philips they developed the CDs
Late 70s/Early 80s
mikozero wrote:(and to certan extend and DVD and before that compact cassettes)
Hardly, Sony abandoned its own format and contributed very little to the Toshiba format that became DVD.

As for compact cassettes, they've done nothing but the Walkman and a few magnetic tape enhancements. That was in the late 70s. They created the digital tape, too, but that didn't take off.
mikezero wrote:the aperture grille cathode ray tube (Trinitron) and with the invention of the the Walkman the invention of personal, portable entertainment.
60s.
mikezero wrote:and i don't like Sony because of their consoles, i like them because as a kid the colour portable i had lasted 15 years of abuse and my current 21' remote control TV was made in 1976 (and still works great).
15 years ago and 1976.
mikozero wrote:slag their consoles all you want, but 'cheapo electronics' is unfair and imo untrue.
Sony's product quality has declined greatly in my opinion. They've done very little within the past few years besides replicate technologies pioneered by other companies. Sony represents to me the low end of the mainstream electonics market.
It's thinking...
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Nintendo views video games as an art form, Sony and Microsoft as a business.
Nintendo very much views video games as a business (although I won't dispute that they also view games as an art form), and I get the impression from interviews with Hiroshi Yamauchi that they are much more adept at the business aspect of it than SCEI (who I suspect would have no viable business model without keiretsu connections) and Microsoft (whose Xbox division burns obscene amounts of money for a lackluster return). Nintendo does not dominate the market, but that's at least in part because they believe (or at least Yamauchi believes) that an all-out console war is actually bad for the market.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

I just hope I can be some kind of homicidal manic game-wise with this control, like slitting throats! Sword fighting is my dream and if they ever realease a sword game, you won't hear from me for at least 6 months!

I would work-come home- boot rev up-have my shirt off and lights off-MANIAC COMMENCE! I had a dream about how godly that would be, so if the innovation does what I have become to understand it does, oooooo boy. PSYCHO MAN!
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

Dreamcast4life wrote:I just hope I can be some kind of homicidal manic game-wise with this control, like slitting throats! Sword fighting is my dream and if they ever realease a sword game, you won't hear from me for at least 6 months!
I'd like to see how a Maken X sort of game plays with the Revolution controller (or dual analog for that matter). And like I mentioned before, Star Wars lightsaber battles.
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

mikozero wrote:slag their consoles all you want, but 'cheapo electronics' is unfair and imo untrue.
Sony makes throw away electronics. Yes, they have a high-end line, but that doesn't change the fact that most of their products are intended to be used for a few years, break, and be replaced.

Things without moving parts in them should last more than 3 years.
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

jaredfogle wrote:Things without moving parts in them should last more than 3 years.
true, and as i said that's been my experience of the brand (my TV's 29 years old for gawd sake) however i'm prepared to take on board what darc said about a recent drop in quality, as i haven't bought anything new for a long while (i still shop around for 19' stereo equipment :oops: ) and your own point about there being a high and a low end.
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

mikozero wrote:i'm prepared to take on board what darc said about a recent drop in quality
But that seems to be true of most medium-grade electronics manufacturers.

My old school Pioneer and my pop's mid 1980s Onkyo receivers still run like tops, and in the past decade or so we've gone through three of the Sony 100W $150 models for the living room. My brother uses a 1960's Pioneer that's never been serviced.

Way off topic here.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

impetus wrote:
Dreamcast4life wrote:I just hope I can be some kind of homicidal manic game-wise with this control, like slitting throats! Sword fighting is my dream and if they ever realease a sword game, you won't hear from me for at least 6 months!
I'd like to see how a Maken X sort of game plays with the Revolution controller (or dual analog for that matter). And like I mentioned before, Star Wars lightsaber battles.
Man imagine a light saber battle, you and I could duke it out! That would be cool. I don't see why Maken X has a bad rating, it was a good game :( I hate reviewers
TheSiggler
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by TheSiggler »

jaredfogle wrote:
mikozero wrote:i'm prepared to take on board what darc said about a recent drop in quality
But that seems to be true of most medium-grade electronics manufacturers.

My old school Pioneer and my pop's mid 1980s Onkyo receivers still run like tops, and in the past decade or so we've gone through three of the Sony 100W $150 models for the living room. My brother uses a 1960's Pioneer that's never been serviced.
The stereo reciever I use in my entertainment setup is an old, mid 80's Pioneer. It still sounds great, and runs perfectly.My old mans 2 year old (JVC I think) reciever, is already acting up.. ;)