newbie - playing movies on a DC

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
talon
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

newbie - playing movies on a DC

Post by talon »

Right bare with me i'm new at this> will be getting a DC in a week - due to the over pricing of the X-box etc....

now can you can play divx (avi) and mpeg on the DC? if so do you need to burn the movies with a player on the disc or can you get a loading disc you put in first then the film disc?

The reason i ask is beacuse i have a s**tload of AVIs on disc for my pc and don't want to have to rewrite the bastards!

Also - hte same question applies to mp3's i have a serious amout of the m on disc - is there an mp3 player that you can just load up first and then stick your mp3 one in?

I appolgise for the lameness of these questions coz i am quite up on the pc tech shite - just haven't had a console for ages and am sick and tired of having to switch the pc on everytime i want to watch a vcd or listen to an mp3

Any help would be great

cheers talon
Sub Woofer
DCEmu Cop
DCEmu Cop
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Sub Woofer »

Double post, I was going to delete this one, but it appears I no longer have the power.

I'll close it for the time being, if anyone want's to help talon out , please reply in the other thread.

Spiderman! Spiderman! Friendy Neighbourhood Spiderman!
Spins a web... any size..... catches thiefs, just like flies!
WATCH OUT... here comes the Spiderman!