Makaron VMU Emulation Update, Deunan needs our help!

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Makaron VMU Emulation Update, Deunan needs our help!

Post by |darc| »

Deunan has posted an update on his Makaron blog. He needs help from the community to get the English VMU's BIOS dumped. This may sound difficult, but it's a matter of trying different numbers in his VMU program until one gets desirable results--anyone can do it. Check out this entry if you're interested in helping out!

I was unable to figure out any "smart" method of dumping E-VMU BIOS, so I still need to find the correct entry point to the BIOS procedure I want. Unfortunatelly the only way to do this is a brute-force exhaustive search of all 16384 combinations. Trust me, I've tried out quite a few and the conclusion is: the code in English-based VMUs has been shuffled by the linker and it's layout is completly different from any J-VMU I've seen.

Long story short, if you people hope to get English BIOS for VMU emulation (AFAIK noone has ever dumped it) you better help me :) I will continue my search anyway but it'll take weeks to months. It's not really required you know, Japanese BIOS will work just fine, but without it the simulator would appear somehow... incomplete.

Check out the rest of the post.
It's thinking...