What's your earliest memory?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What's your earliest memory?

Post by AgentGreen »

Wow, you just reminded me of another memory I had. Not sure if it predates the other one.

I remember having a weeeird dream when I was quite little where everyone I knew had distorted and strange faces like in Genesis's "Land of Confusion" video and someone had a mouth on their belly button and there was a bathtub or something.

Then It all kinda zoomed out like I was watching myself, laying in my bed watching it on this weird little "Sesame Street TV" toy that I had when I was little. (It'd play the Sesame Street theme song and scroll by a scene of sesame street with all the characters doing stuff) It was like I was presenting some kind of clip show or something...
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

The giant sewing that covered my dad's whole chest like a screw after his first lung surgery.

And some time later (days, months, I don't know), me playing ball with him in the living room for a very few seconds. It's the only time I remember doing anything with him, and he died of cancer a few weeks or months later. I was 5 at the time.

Knowing that he was going to die made me pay attention to life, as I don't remember anything before that. I could still remember the sound of his voice for a few years, but since then I've long forgotten. And my last memories of him are slowly fading away.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

I have a few memories of kindergarten. Nothing notable, but little flashbacks of me doing unimportant things like playing with certain toys or doing certain activities, they stick out for some reason. I also remember the old layouts of my house from when I was 2 or 3, and all the old furniture too. We're still in the same house but everything is totally different now.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

I remember walking to the store with my mom in 1987 and finding a penny. I remember that it was 1987 because I was really excited that the penny was also from 1987.
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

Another that I wrote up for a thread like this at BG:
I wrote:This is one of my very first television memories. There was an old PSA whose message was completely lost to my 5-year-old mind. Allow me to explain:

Nighttime in the hood. We're outside a club where the party is going strong for most of the patrons, but for our protagonists, is over. Perhaps they have work the next morning, or they need to feed their cats. As they open the door and walk up the steps into the frame, we get our first look at them; Fat Black Man and Skinny Black Man. They're walking down the street, talking about how much they enjoyed their evening of merriment. Walking and talking, they come upon a parked car. It doesn't belong to them and we quickly learn that one of our new friends is not what he seems as Fat Black Man breaks the antenna and exhorts Skinny Black Man to join in some further nocturnal vandalism. "Ain't that cool?" FBM asks. "No, man." SBM replies "It ain't." He then leaves FBM alone, still holding his broken car antenna.

To my five-year-old mind, the PSA was specifically about the evils of breaking car radio antennas and to this day, I'm not sure it wasn't. :lol: