Pre-order question / Just got an 360

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Pre-order question / Just got an 360

Post by ace »

So I bought a 360 in anticipation of GTA IV on April 29. I preordered the game from Walmart, do you think that's a bad idea?

I currently have COD4 (looks amazing), Gears of War, Saints Row, Kameo, PD0, Lost Planet, and Madden 07. I was pretty unimpressed until I tried out COD 4 and Gears of War. I also played the Burnout Paradise demo and fell in love with that.

I also have live, my tag is kingofnull. Add me if you have any of those games. Or just add me in general
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Re: Pre-order question / Just got an 360

Post by melancholy »

Don't see why that would be bad. I doubt Wal-Mart will screw up a preorder.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

melancholy wrote:Don't see why that would be bad. I doubt Wal-Mart will screw up a preorder.
http://consumerist.com/344122/walmart-s ... pre+orders
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

ace wrote:So I bought a 360 in anticipation of GTA IV on April 29. I preordered the game from Walmart, do you think that's a bad idea?

I currently have COD4 (looks amazing), Gears of War, Saints Row, Kameo, PD0, Lost Planet, and Madden 07. I was pretty unimpressed until I tried out COD 4 and Gears of War. I also played the Burnout Paradise demo and fell in love with that.

I also have live, my tag is kingofnull. Add me if you have any of those games. Or just add me in general
Get Paradise, great game. Also if you like the Rainbow Six games, get Vegas2. I've been playing it lately and love it. I noticed Lunchbox playing it today too.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

ace wrote:So I bought a 360 in anticipation of GTA IV on April 29. I preordered the game from Walmart, do you think that's a bad idea?

I'm currently in love with COD4 at the moment, I'm tempted to call it my favorite FPS of all time. And I usually hate war-themed games, but this game just has a certain charm to it (besides the fact that it's not based on WWII). The graphics are amazing, there's an amazing variety in levels, and the multiplayer is even more addictive than Halo 2 or 3. Keep in mind I haven't played Half Life or Half Life 2 though.

The last level "Game Over" is one of the most breathtaking levels I've ever played through in any video game. The epilogue is damn good too, if not a bit random.

Nico0020 and I both play PD0 quite often, you should catch a game with us sometime.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Skynet wrote:

Get Paradise, great game. Also if you like the Rainbow Six games, get Vegas2. I've been playing it lately and love it. I noticed Lunchbox playing it today too.
Yup, its pretty good. We should all get together and do a game of terrorist hunt
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

impetus wrote:
melancholy wrote:Don't see why that would be bad. I doubt Wal-Mart will screw up a preorder.
http://consumerist.com/344122/walmart-s ... pre+orders
First off, that was a price mistake in the first place. Despite how they totally and completely screwed up the canceling process, it was still bound to be canceled. Second, they admitted to the screwup and gave everyone a free $10 gift card (which I used to by Phoenix Wright T&T).

So yeah, it was a big mess up, but it was a pricing error and had nothing to do with the preorder process.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Yeah I can also vouch that I've successfully pre-ordered through Wal-Mart before. Gamestop is the only place that I've had a problem preordering.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Do they still sell edited versions of games?
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

ace wrote:Do they still sell edited versions of games?
When did they ever sell edited versions of games? I mean, edited CD's yes, but games? Usually if there's a game that bad, Wal-Mart will just flat out not carry it.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

melancholy wrote:
ace wrote:Do they still sell edited versions of games?
When did they ever sell edited versions of games? I mean, edited CD's yes, but games? Usually if there's a game that bad, Wal-Mart will just flat out not carry it.
From what I remember last, GTA:VC has a Haitian mission that was later edited out, I believe for the Greatest Hits version. And of course GTA:SA was later patched to have Hot Coffee removed, but that wasn't really an edit so much as a "fix". GTA:VC had that whole mission taken out though, which was part of the story iirc.

EDIT: Oh, didn't realize you were speaking about Wal-Mart only. Render this post pointless.
Polymira
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Polymira »

Dude, they don't MAKE edited versions of games.

Well, not the way they do albums.
--pSyCo