Marijuana debate

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Marijuana debate

Post by JellyWarrior »

Wagh wrote:Please then just prove your statements.

That'd be great.

Thanks.
http://www.schizophrenia.com/prevention ... drugs.html
http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/s777336.htm
http://bipolar.about.com/od/relateddiso ... zo_pot.htm
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/34395.php

This thread shows that anyone who might say that marijuana has lasting effects is immediately crucified:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 740AAWzumP

If you're going to find links that trash the ones that I found, at least make sure they aren't opinions and are actually real articles. Also make sure that they all reference some kind of credible source (Wikipedia won't do, and studies from 1990 and older is too long ago).
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

Wagh wrote:I can do bold and caps too man. Still doesn't give you any ground to stand on.
See this is what's really giving me the shits, I wasn't using caps and bold to prove my point about marijuana. I was using caps it to draw attention to that post because I don't want people to think I decided to start a topic with the purpose of trashing marijuana, because that's what it looks like.

This whole topic is derived from a post in another topic that I made because I was concerned for someone's health.

I wouldn't start a thread to trash marijuana unless I have some type of news article or good reason to bring up the subject, and I don't have any. This thread makes it look like I just decided to start a thread picking on marijuana for no reason.

So please for fucks sake read what I say before you post.
|darc| wrote:And you were being an elitist prick in the post, with your "no matter what anyone says, pot kills babies and I'm right and you're wrong" attitude.
Excuse me, but lets go back to the beginning here. I made my first post, you then made fun of it. I almost immediately contacted you on AIM and I asked you why you thought my opinion was funny and then I wanted you to prove me wrong.

All you did (and still all you have done) is "tell me that I am wrong" I wanted you to "prove that I am wrong" or to "persuade me with compelling evidence", but all you or anyone else have managed to do thus far is tell me that I am wrong.

Where is the persuasive evidence?

I am completely open to the fact that the green stuff could be safe, and I am open to the fact that I am completely off the mark here. After searching but I see no recent good evidence to suggest that I am wrong.

How about you back yourself up with something substantial?
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

JellyWarrior wrote:Where is the persuasive evidence?

I am completely open to the fact that the green stuff could be safe, and I am open to the fact that I am completely off the mark here. After searching but I see no recent good evidence to suggest that I am wrong.

Where is the persuasive evidence that supports your "one puff and your life is fucked" theory? Granted, I didn't get to do more than skim your links because I am in class, but I didn't see anything in them that even discussed this "one puff and you're fucked" theory.

In addition, citing some douchebag on Yahoo! Answers doesn't provide a compelling argument for the supposed crucifixion of marijuana critics. Some idiot said he did some pot nicknamed "trainwreck" and became a human trainwreck, and the person replied with "LAWLS THATS WHT HAPNZ WEN U DO DA DRUGZ UR GONNA DIE"... and they got rightly criticized for it.
It's thinking...
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

This only shows correlation.
"Narration: Martin still doesn’t know if these effects are permanent or not."
This is still only correlation, just a stronger correlation. "The researchers accept that epidemiological cohort studies do not offer complete proof, as there may be other underlying social or biological factors."
"Drs. Ashtari and Kumra said longitudinal studies are needed to determine whether these changes in the brain are permanent or change over time. It is also important to mention that at this time, DTI and MRI are not diagnostic means for schizophrenia patients or marijuana smokers."
This thread shows that anyone who might say that marijuana has lasting effects is immediately crucified:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 740AAWzumP
Carl Sagan wrote:They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright Brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

JellyWarrior wrote:
bizzle wrote:I smoked a lot of weed for a long time -- I think I turned out okay.
I am sure you and millions and millions of other people have also turned out ok, but what I am concerned about the people who didn't turn out ok.

For some people it only takes one smoke to damage them. I have no doubt that most of them thought it was a safe drug. If they knew the risks they might not have tried it, and might be living a happy normal life right now.
Some people also die from one bite of a peanut butter sandwich. It is a serious risk and people should go and make sure they are not mortally allergic to peanuts before even attempting to eat peanut butter. I know a lot of people think peanut butter is safe. I am sure you and millions of other people have eaten peanut butter and lived, but what I am concerned about are the few statistically irrelevant data points that support my argument that peanut butter is evil.
No signature.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

toastman wrote:
JellyWarrior wrote:
bizzle wrote:I smoked a lot of weed for a long time -- I think I turned out okay.
I am sure you and millions and millions of other people have also turned out ok, but what I am concerned about the people who didn't turn out ok.

For some people it only takes one smoke to damage them. I have no doubt that most of them thought it was a safe drug. If they knew the risks they might not have tried it, and might be living a happy normal life right now.
Some people also die from one bite of a peanut butter sandwich. It is a serious risk and people should go and make sure they are not mortally allergic to peanuts before even attempting to eat peanut butter. I know a lot of people think peanut butter is safe. I am sure you and millions of other people have eaten peanut butter and lived, but what I am concerned about are the few statistically irrelevant data points that support my argument that peanut butter is evil.
I was waiting for someone to point that out.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

JellyWarrior wrote:Where is the persuasive evidence?

How about a room full of people with first hand experience telling some kid who bought the DARE shit and read some internet pages that he's wrong?

If you need conclusive scientific evidence to accept something so obvious, maybe you're schizophrenic. I'd think by now you would have at least dropped the hard line anti-reefer stance, if not lightened up enough to support relegalization.

Just what kind of persuasion are you looking for? A blowjob?
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I know a lot of people who have smoked and still smoke the stuff. Some of these people have been doing it since the 60's and 70's and none of them start flipping out randomly or have any noticeable health problems. I won't deny that smoking pot might be 10X harder on your lungs then a cigarette (I remember being told that once). However the average pot smoker doesn't smoke 3 packs of weed per day, they hit a joint or two and thats about it. Using it every day I am sure would be hard on the body, but there are plenty of legal things that people use that are hard on the body.

If I wasn't subject to random drug tests at work I probably would smoke it myself. I think its BS they should be allowed to fire a person for something they have done on their own time. As long as its not in your system (as in your high obviously) its none of their business.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665