Splitting a Multi-game Disk (SF3: Double Impact)

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Tiberious
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Splitting a Multi-game Disk (SF3: Double Impact)

Post by Tiberious »

OK, I didn't notice any rules against it, and I do already have both the files necessary -and- a copy of the original game, so here goes:

I am looking to split the game Street Fighter III: Double Impact into its component entries, SF3: New Generation and SF3: 2nd Impact.

I have tried simply removing all references to the game-selection screen and put the loaded game's files into the root and burning, and it works.. partially. The game will load my VMU data, and even go into the demo sequence. However, when I try to press start to play, I'm tossed right back into the main DC menu.

Is there anything else I need to do to allow me to actually play it?

The reason I want to do things this way is because I have obtained label art for the three arcade version CDs, and after printing the 3rd Strike label, I wanted to have the whole trilogy available this way (again, with the CPS3 art).

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.
Christuserloeser
Been thanked: 0

Re: Splitting a Multi-game Disk (SF3: Double Impact)

Post by Christuserloeser »

Hey, that is a great idea but I doubt anyone here can help you out. Afaik, our current rules forbid discussion about backups even if you own the game.

I would be highly interested to hear if you ever get this to work, and of course I would love to see the label art for the arcade version CDs you've mentioned.
Insane homebrew collector.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
Has thanked: 0

Re: Splitting a Multi-game Disk (SF3: Double Impact)

Post by melancholy »

Yep. Sorry, but backup discussion is not allowed here, even if you own the original.