Help a n00b out...any advice is appreciated! :)

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Emu_Fire
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help a n00b out...any advice is appreciated! :)

Post by Emu_Fire »

I apologize in advance, but I'm pretty much a n00b and a lot of these tutorials use a lot of terminology I can't understand and it all just keeps confusing me :o

I pretty much want a self-boot disc that holds all SNES games. From what I understand, I'm supposed to download all the ROMs I want on the disc, unzip them, and put them in the "roms" folder (in the DreamSNES .zip file you download). But that's pretty much all I've learned how to do so far. Could someone please explain the rest of the steps in duh-duh english? o_r It would really help me out a lot!

My main confusions lie anywhere between the extra .bin files or whatever that I also have to download, and what program/s I have to use to burn the discs in the first place. The stickied self-boot tutorial at the top sounded simple enough, but there were a lot of complaints about why it wasn't working and I didn't understand any of those solutions to fix those common problems.

:brickwall:

Thanks a lot!
Emu_Fire
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Re: Help a n00b out...any advice is appreciated! :)

Post by Emu_Fire »

anyone?? :(
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Try to follow the tutorial you mentioned and please be specific about which step is giving you a hard time, so we can improve the explanation and it'll be easier for newcomers like you.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

This is the only tutorial you need:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=68460&start=0
Insane homebrew collector.
Emu_Fire
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Emu_Fire »

Alright guys I figured it out on my own. I had a whole list of steps that I went through but it turns out I just wasn't using BootDreams correctly. Thanks for the help anyways the disc works like a charm! It's actually pretty cool! =)