** Welcome to the new forums! **

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

** Welcome to the new forums! **

Post by |darc| »

Welcome to the new forums!

Yes, there are downsides. You might not like the theme. There are two themes available to you, prosilver, the default, and subsilver2, which looks like the old subSilver from our previous phpBB2 boards.

EDIT: subsilver2 is now the default. I think it's better that way for now.

There are some cool upsides, though! For example, you can now embed flash into your posts, and you can post attachments. You can report posts and the moderators will see your reports. If any of this stuff is abused, it can be removed from your account and we will not hesitate to do that.

Speaking of administrative abilities, this forum is much more robust in that field. For example, now we no longer have to replace your sigs for being too tall or wide--the forum will do that for us. We may also choose to bring back the word censor, because now individual users can disable it as they please. These boards also have a built-in captcha system to prevent bots from registering.

I know you guys will have complaints; post them here and I will try to address them. This board is overwhelming for me as there are plenty of new features, and because I don't use many features it appears bloated to me. I will get over this. You will probably get over your complaints over time as well. These new boards really are excellent, though, so I believe the move was worth it.

Also, since the permissions system has been overhauled, I did a lot of moving around with usergroups and permissions. If you have found yourself without permissions that you should have, let me know and I can set you back up. If for some reason you have permissions you shouldn't, be honest and 'fess up (this shouldn't be an issue, though--this board makes it a whole lot easier to see who has access to what).

Let me know how you feel, but don't get too bitchy. :P I haven't yet tweaked everything as needed--some things are still rough, such as the crappy logo at the top of the forums. I have to go to sleep tonight ;) But I hope you guys are satisfied with the large amount of new features you will see now.

Also, you will have to reupload your avatars, unfortunately.
If you lost your avatar, you can find it again at http://dcemulation.org/phpBB_old/

Also, offsite ranks have been lost, if you have a custom rank that was offsite and is no longer working, please post about it with a link to the rank and I will fix it.
Last edited by |darc| on Mon May 21, 2007 2:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
It's thinking...
linlinlol
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ** Welcome to the new forums! **

Post by linlinlol »

what the cr$%*(p !

it also only supports British English. I speak mandarin and many people here are not British
DOODOO
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

linlinlol wrote:what the cr$%*(p !

it also only supports British English. I speak mandarin and many people here are not British
I apologize, but in order to communicate with anyone on here, you need to know English anyway, so I don't see it as a big deal.

The British English doesn't matter; it's not like it's very distinguishable from American English. And it's all that this board supports at the moment.
It's thinking...
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

I would prefer to keep the old forums. :(
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

i am definately changing my theme.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Few things off the bat:

I liked seeing what the last post was, not just the poster. If that could be added, awesome. If not, not too big a deal.
"User Info Box" should be on the right, on the left, it just looks odd.

That's really the only two things and they are more small style/design issues than major gripes.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

eh, I though this was a joke when I logged on. It'll take some getting used to, but it could definitely be worse. This board seems a lot more "immature" than the older ones. I don't really know how to explain it, but I think our old boards seemed more professional.

Could we possibly get quick reply back?
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

|darc| wrote: and you can post attachments.

THANK YOU !!!!! i have been waiting for this for years, ever since we left the old old forums.
toastman wrote:Few things off the bat:

I liked seeing what the last post was, not just the poster. If that could be added, awesome. If not, not too big a deal.

That's really the only two things and they are more small style/design issues than major gripes.

yeah it looks weird, but sometimes you get these posts where you have to scroll just a tiny bit to see the whole thing. maybe this will help so you don't have to do it that way.

also, quoting isn't working. unless i'm doing something wrong.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

I don't know if I like this. The skin is a bit too "default" for me, if you know what I mean. I'm sure I'll get used to it. I really don't like having the poster info on the right though, I preferred having it on the right.

Last night I came on to see how things were going, but I saw the message. I tried again later and I saw that the boards were being updated. Now I wake up this morning and I see this, lol. I'll have to check it out some more and see what preferences you can change.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

[quote="linlinlol"]it also only supports British English. I speak mandarin and many people here are not British[/quote]
I always used English. Having to read stuff in 2 languages at the same time is annoying.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

It'll take some getting used to. I notice the post count is back, haven't seen that in ages. I would have really like to just keep the old forums though. Also, no smilies?
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

This topic is listed as being started by "Guest", and as having 3 replies, but there's only 2 posts in it.

[edit] Yes, there's a problem with BB codes. It's enabled in my profile, but in the "Post reply" page there's this message on the left:

Options:
BBCode is OFF
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

I get the same problem as Fragger in this forum and only this forum, so it's probably a permissions problem with replies in Forum News and Guidelines. Quotes work just fine in the other forums.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Sexiness.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Hasney wrote:
pavelbure wrote:
|darc| wrote: and you can post attachments.

THANK YOU !!!!! i have been waiting for this for years, ever since we left the old old forums.
toastman wrote:Few things off the bat:

yeah it looks weird, but sometimes you get these posts where you have to scroll just a tiny bit to see the whole thing. maybe this will help so you don't have to do it that way.

also, quoting isn't working. unless i'm doing something wrong.
You had "Disable BB" code checked. I edited your post and I'll go edit your profile now to make sure it's not set as default.

Also, |darc|, I've changed the permissions for this forum so we could actually mod it, I was wondering why I couldn't edit other peoples posts :P
You beat me to it :P
It's thinking...
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

A couple things:

Smileys seem cramped. Seriously cramped. And the smileys shown by default are missing a few from before.

It no longer says the name of the updated topics on the index (the newest reply thing). I think this is a hack and so it doesnt matter.

Quick reply mod?

Other than thatm everything is a-ok.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Sir Savant wrote:Smileys seem cramped. Seriously cramped. And the smileys shown by default are missing a few from before.
I fixed the default smilies, but the "View more smilies" page I will have to edit later.
Sir Savant wrote:It no longer says the name of the updated topics on the index (the newest reply thing). I think this is a hack and so it doesnt matter.
Yeah, that was a hack. I'm going to try to get that back as soon as I can, though I don't know when that will be.
Sir Savant wrote:Quick reply mod?
Same as above.
It's thinking...
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

Not too shabby so far, I guess. Theme will take a little getting used to. Is this the newest version of PHPBB?
- Fuzmeister
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

-The biggest thing I miss (other than quick reply) is the ability to hover the mouse over a topic and see the last reply in it. But I assume that was yet another hack. Right now hovering over a topic just tells when the topic was created.
-The forum's topic font is really cramped and hard to read. Everything other font on the board is the normal, but topic titles in the forums are just so narrow.

Beyond that, short of some slight disorientation from the new look, I think everything seems okay.

Edit: Wow, cool, it warns me if someone made a post before I submitted this one. That is a great feature!
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

I fucking love all of this. Way to go!

I'm going to go try out the embedded flash feature in null.