Quitting smoking

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by |darc| »

CupNoodle wrote:
Zealous zerotype wrote:around where I live if you buy 3packs each one is 3bucks (marlboros) so that is like 9bucks a month? Enh, not that bad.
I only smoke American Spirits because everything else tastes like chemicals. They're $5 a pack and I smoke 10-12 per day.

30 days/2 = 15

15 * 5 = $75
|darc| wrote:Roll your own. It's much, much cheaper.

And as Wagh said, American Spirit is available in bags.
It's thinking...
Zealous zerotype
zerotype
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Zealous zerotype »

I smoke about 3 a month, sometimes more, it just depends. I'm actually thinking of quitting but I don't really know. Just depends. Just cut back from 10 a day. At that point it kinda sucks to me anyhow :/
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I'm going to stop when exams are done, so I have less stress to worry about. I really haven't thought of a plan on how to yet, but probably try cold turkey and if I get bad craving steal a chew from my roommate.
gRiMgRaVy014
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by gRiMgRaVy014 »

I've never turned to cigarettes when needing help with stress.

Does it really help that much?
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

|darc| wrote:And as Wagh said, American Spirit is available in bags.
My decision isn't wholly financially based. Cigarettes are unhealthy and they make you smell horrible.

...but goddamn they make me feel great. This fucking sucks. I slipped twice today, but I'll be damned if I buy another pack.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

gRiMgRaVy014 wrote:I've never turned to cigarettes when needing help with stress.

Yes.
It's thinking...
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

gRiMgRaVy014 wrote:I've never turned to cigarettes when needing help with stress.

If you're already a smoker? Yes.

If you've never smoked in your life? You'll get a good buzz, but you'll have to take in the habit before you really feel the stress relief.
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: http://www.youtube.com/rkotm for my films about gaming and such.

Post by StriderXg2 »

Where i work, erm, in retail, its a MUST because of the stress(get out!iknow.) but its really hard. I could have done it 3 years ago, when i was smoking 2 cigs a day. now, a pack and a half, 40 bucks every 2 weeks, gold coasts. when i do quit i wanna be as far away from humanity as possible for a week.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

StriderXg2 wrote:Where i work, erm, in retail, its a MUST because of the stress(get out!iknow.) but its really hard. I could have done it 3 years ago, when i was smoking 2 cigs a day. now, a pack and a half, 40 bucks every 2 weeks, gold coasts. when i do quit i wanna be as far away from humanity as possible for a week.
Gold Coasts? Yikes. Those are some of the worst cigs I've ever tasted. If you're going for cheap cigs, get USA Gold.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I dont know about quitting all together, but I do know how to smoke less. Roll your own. You'll find yourself only smoking like 5 or 6 a day, versus a pack a day.

Promised my girlfriend I'd quit by her next birthday (January). I do plan on doing it, it's just I dont know how I'll make it out alive.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
SlammedNiss
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by SlammedNiss »

I wish my wife's parents would quit smoking. They went out of town this last weekend, and wanted to borrow our car. I told her I didnt mind, until she told me that they'd probably smoke in it. So, I told her to tell them no.

Sadly, they could afford a nice car if they'd quit smoking. I hate to think how much they spend on cartons between the both of them.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

FETUS wrote:
Lartrak wrote:
Freaky Keneaki wrote:
butters wrote:My grandpa is on Chantix and it's working well for him. He hasn't even had a craving, and he's been a smoker for like 50 years.
50 years? Wow. Wasn't he supposed to die of lung cancer already?

It's amazing. Smoking can kill someone in their 20's and someone who's been smoking for 40 years (my mom) or 50 years (your grandpa) are perfectly well.

Well, my mom's not well, but it's not smoking related.
Most smokers never get lung cancer, regardless of how long they smoke. Or any other cancer, for that matter.
Actually even after just one ciggerette you'll get lung cancer a smaller penis and will now be directly responsible for the holocaust.

:guffaw:

Man, I missed you.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

I was a smoker for 8 years straight and Smoking is indeed one of the worst habits to quit but I'll tell you what I did to quit. Chewing gum,spearmint gum helps best also may I suggest doing something to keep your mind occupied? read a book,play a video game,Talk to a friend or family member,Listen to some music all of these can help distract your mind. I did it man and If I can being the stubborn prick I can be, then you can! Good luck!
Have you played dreamcast today?
firewire1394
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by firewire1394 »

i smoke only when i'm bored. i cant afford to but i do. if i spend it all on smokes and cant pay board meh. if it shortens my life meh. i need them mord each week :|
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

Down to one a day. Tomorrow I'll try to go the whole day without so much as a puff.
gRiMgRaVy014
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by gRiMgRaVy014 »

Well, it's good you haven't given up.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I have 3 cigarettes left, and don't plan on buying more. I only smoked like 2-3 days the last few weeks, so hopefully I can stop without too many problems.
mink03
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mink03 »

get the e-cigarette. more effective than the gum as it gets nicotine into your system 5-10 minutes faster than chewing... its not available in the u.s. but it available all over the world... check online.. its a pretty sweet thing... 200 bucks... electronic.. looks like a cig... and its ELECTRONIC!!
crabcakes
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

mink03 wrote:get the e-cigarette. more effective than the gum as it gets nicotine into your system 5-10 minutes faster than chewing... its not available in the u.s. but it available all over the world... check online.. its a pretty sweet thing... 200 bucks... electronic.. looks like a cig... and its ELECTRONIC!!
Sounds sort of... odd... and a waste of money.
gRiMgRaVy014
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by gRiMgRaVy014 »

I have a pack of parliaments now.

I have no intention to smoke them either.

I'll just sell them to some kid at school for 5 bucks :)