Rebirth of the Dreamcast

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
phisejr
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by phisejr »

ha i LAWL at the picture too, But hey do you think making a Video and posting it up on Youtube will help a lot on this movement ?
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

phisejr wrote:ha i LAWL at the picture too, But hey do you think making a Video and posting it up on Youtube will help a lot on this movement ?
Yup. I predict it will singlehandedly inspire Sega to pull out of its current cross-platform deals with Sony and Microsoft and Nintendo, and buy back its factories to start manufacturing this nine-year-old piece of tech again...as well as encourage all the major retail chains to start stocking it instead of the total flops taking up shelf space right now, like the DS and PS2.

It will also be a powerful force in bringing developers back over to the Dreamcast, and in reminding all the top-tier employees who left SEGA over the past six or seven years of the untarnishable greatness of the company, and they will come swarming back, eager to give up the companies they have joined or started since, and go back to work for the crack team that is SEGA project management.
phisejr
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by phisejr »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
phisejr wrote:ha i LAWL at the picture too, But hey do you think making a Video and posting it up on Youtube will help a lot on this movement ?
Yup. I predict it will singlehandedly inspire Sega to pull out of its current cross-platform deals with Sony and Microsoft and Nintendo, and buy back its factories to start manufacturing this nine-year-old piece of tech again...as well as encourage all the major retail chains to start stocking it instead of the total flops taking up shelf space right now, like the DS and PS2.

It will also be a powerful force in bringing developers back over to the Dreamcast, and in reminding all the top-tier employees who left SEGA over the past six or seven years of the untarnishable greatness of the company, and they will come swarming back, eager to give up the companies they have joined or started since, and go back to work for the crack team that is SEGA project management.

I sense a lot of Sarcasm in this post, im not Trying to Get "Sega" into this i would like to do this Just to bring back Fans of the Dreamcast, and other players and Liven up Servers for the DC. Reproduction was the Furthest thing on my mind.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

MapleBuster wrote:If you were to start a campaign to keep it alive I would say you are already 6 to 10 years too late.
Lolz the dreamcast wasn't even out 10 years ago.
MapleBuster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by MapleBuster »

6 to 9 years then. Nitpicker :)
Delin hong
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Delin hong »

the DC myspace page could certainly be improved upn
phisejr
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by phisejr »

lol Everyon and there mother has a myspace im sick of it. only a few people are on it now. and most of the time its just adds. No one cares about anything on that darn site. except adding friends so i wouldnt bother much into that yet.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Shut up you turds, DC IS TEH BESTORRRZZZ!!!

I have a great idea lets get an online petition going, yes! that's never been done before and it will certainly make people sit up and take note that the DC is only 95% dead!

Visit my petition site to show support http://www.completewasteoftime.net/com
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Matisfaction wrote:I have a great idea lets get an online petition going, yes! that's never been done before and it will certainly make people sit up and take note that the DC is only 99.923% dead!
Corrected your data. Incidentally, 86.4% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
MapleBuster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by MapleBuster »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
Matisfaction wrote:I have a great idea lets get an online petition going, yes! that's never been done before and it will certainly make people sit up and take note that the DC is only 99.923% dead!
Corrected your data. Incidentally, 86.4% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
I'm 99.9% sure that is correct.
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Matisfaction delivers 100.9% SATISFACTION.
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

DaMadFiddler wrote:Incidentally, 86.4% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
But 78.3% of statistics are wrong, so now I don't know what to believe.

...word is bondage...
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

It might be just a liiiiiittle bit more understandable (not even then, really) if we were still in the PS2/Xbox/GC generation, here. The DC started that gaming generation. But how the hell are you going to bring it back when even the PS2 is slowly dying now? It's too late for that. I don't see what the big deal is. Thanks to places like DCemulation, the DC is no doubt going to outlive any console from its generation.

If you really want to see the Dreamcast live, support the homebrew scene.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

It would be nice if someone made a cheap and open system built around the Freescale i.MX31. It's a 500+ MHz ARM11 with PowerVR MBX-based GPU and tons of onboard peripherals and interfaces (e.g. ATA/CompactFlash/PC Card, Secure Digital, Memory Stick, USB, SDRAM, et. al.). It wouldn't be Dreamcast, but it's the closest thing I can think of that would actually be feasible to produce today without a massive investment.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Wow, this is just cheerless; the guy just wants to tell a few people about the current situation of Dreamcast, so maybe he can attract a few more players.

It is nothing on the lines of a petition to restart manufacturing Dreamcast.
Phisejr, this is not the site to promote Dreamcast members of ‘dc’emu are already aware of where it stands on this site therefore you are getting all the sarcasm and stupid reply's, if you are here thinking that you may be able to recruit a few people to go on random game sites and promote Dreamcast I doubt anyone would accompany you.

No need to discuss this any further, if a descent mod is reading this then please locks this topic.
phisejr
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by phisejr »

BILAL_XIA wrote:Wow, this is just cheerless; the guy just wants to tell a few people about the current situation of Dreamcast, so maybe he can attract a few more players.

Phisejr, this is not the site to promote Dreamcast members of ‘dc’emu are already aware of where it stands on this site therefore you are getting all the sarcasm and stupid reply's, if you are here thinking that you may be able to recruit a few people to go on random game sites and promote Dreamcast I doubt anyone would accompany you.

No need to discuss this any further, if a descent mod is reading this then please locks this topic.
What a jerk, thats the problem with peopls in this world no, one is every looking forward to help others that why theres so much problems. Looking into Negativity will get you know where Remember that
phisejr
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by phisejr »

phisejr wrote:
BILAL_XIA wrote:Wow, this is just cheerless; the guy just wants to tell a few people about the current situation of Dreamcast, so maybe he can attract a few more players.

What a jerk, thats the problem with peopls in this world no, one is every looking forward to help others that why theres so much problems. Looking into Negativity will get you NO where Remember that
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Good one Bilal :roll:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

phisejr wrote:
BILAL_XIA wrote:.................
What a jerk
I think that's most people's view on all of BILAL's posts.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

phisejr wrote:

What a jerk, thats the problem with peopls in this world no, one is every looking forward to help others that why theres so much problems. Looking into Negativity will get you know where Remember that
Yep, the problem with people in this world today is that they won't crusade for dead consoles
It's thinking...