The Most Important Difference Between 360 and PS3...

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Specially Cork
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

The Most Important Difference Between 360 and PS3...

Post by Specially Cork »

I'm really loving Microsoft's cheeky approach to this console war. First boycotting the London and Paris PS3 launches, and now:
Wheeled into our office this afternoon by a special ops team of beer couriers was this £146 pile of Fosters on behalf of one Microsoft Corporation.

"What would you purchase for £146...? (The price difference between an Xbox 360 and a PlayStation 3)", asks the included Xbox 360-headed notice. "Well, for a start we thought you might like £146 worth of beer to kick start your weekend early."

Signed, "Jump in. Xbox 360. The Leader in the next generation of gaming and entertainment."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=160496

Best argument to chose 360 over PS3 so far in my opinion :D
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

That's a lot of beer. I don't see why anyone would purchase a PS3 over a 360. You can get a 360 and that much beer!
It's thinking...
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Eckostyle »

Clever :)
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

|darc| wrote:That's a lot of beer. I don't see why anyone would purchase a PS3 over a 360. You can get a 360 and that much beer!
And for ~$10 you can get a Castlevania game! MS has also sent me a total of 3 free games and I've got a spare Jouster code, so it's not like they haven't been liberal with their items. The second code and Robotron were basically "we fucked up with the point rewards, here are some free items".

If the PS3 came with some points for that download thingy it would definately make me consider one, especially since I want the PS2 hardware chip and not that lousy software emulation.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Wait a minute. Around these parts the 360 = £280, ps3 = 425.

Differance = 245. That's a fuckload more beer than seven trays. In fact that's 24 trays of fosters, and a packet of fags.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

FOSTERS???? I'm ashamed to be Australian right now.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

I can see the counter: "well, you'll need to buy the beer to tolerate the poor quality games you'll be playing on the 360 vs on the ps3". (or something to that effect but better put)
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I've been playing my brother's ps3 whenever I get a chance..but for the most part, right now, the only games of any interest on the console are virtua fighter 5 and resistance. If sony and the os3 continue to lose exclusives, like I've heard rumors of, then minus the cheap blue ray, I'll have no need for a ps3.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

i wish virtua fighter 5 would come out for the 360. the virtua fighter series has always been the best of the 3d fighters.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Covar wrote:i wish virtua fighter 5 would come out for the 360. the virtua fighter series has always been the best of the 3d fighters.
It's due out this August in North America and Europe.
Wikipedia article on Virtua Fighter 5 wrote:Virtua Fighter 5 is the latest game in Sega's Virtua Fighter series. It was released on July 12, 2006 into Japanese arcades. Virtua Fighter 5 was released for PlayStation 3 on February 20, 2007 (despite the advertised date of February 23rd) and will be a launch title for the European release in March. The Xbox 360 version is due in the summer of 2007, as confirmed by Sega on December 21, 2006. However, in Japan only the PlayStation 3 version of the game will be released. It is rumoured that the Xbox 360 version will benefit from the additions and refinements that will be made to the 'Version C' arcade revision, while the PlayStation 3 version will be based around the imminent Version B.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

I envy Microsoft for knowing what's most important to the male gamer, all that I ask is why Fosters?!?!??! why?!?!

Now I wanna see a Wii and 6 slabs of JD!
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Fosters is one of the most popular lagers in the UK and in Europe (accounting for 82% of global sales). It's strange how it isn't so popular in Australia. i think it's a really nice lager.
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

BoneyCork wrote:Fosters is one of the most popular lagers in the UK and in Europe (accounting for 82% of global sales). It's strange how it isn't so popular in Australia. i think it's a really nice lager.
I had a MSN friend over from the UK last week, he couldn't believe that there is virtually no Fosters anywhere. While the product name "Fosters" doesn't go well here, Fosters owns most of our popular brands of beer, Carlton United Breweries, Cascade, to name a few, so I suppose they win by default.
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

JellyWarrior wrote:Cascade
You drink
Image?
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

az_bont wrote:
Covar wrote:i wish virtua fighter 5 would come out for the 360. the virtua fighter series has always been the best of the 3d fighters.
It's due out this August in North America and Europe.
Wikipedia article on Virtua Fighter 5 wrote:Virtua Fighter 5 is the latest game in Sega's Virtua Fighter series. It was released on July 12, 2006 into Japanese arcades. Virtua Fighter 5 was released for PlayStation 3 on February 20, 2007 (despite the advertised date of February 23rd) and will be a launch title for the European release in March. The Xbox 360 version is due in the summer of 2007, as confirmed by Sega on December 21, 2006. However, in Japan only the PlayStation 3 version of the game will be released. It is rumoured that the Xbox 360 version will benefit from the additions and refinements that will be made to the 'Version C' arcade revision, while the PlayStation 3 version will be based around the imminent Version B.
Yay!! :D

By refinements, I hope they mean online capability. I've also heard rumors that microsoft may end up buying take 2 interactive, makers of gta and bully, and that the newest gta may indeed be a xbox360 exclusive.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

MS are the only company who've gone on record saying they're not going to buy Take Two.

So if by 'rumours' you mean 'desperately wishful thinking by Xbots', then yes the 'rumours' are 'true'.

If by 'true' you mean 'par for the course'.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Smiley wrote:
az_bont wrote:
Yay!! :D

By refinements, I hope they mean online capability.
the article cited by the Wikipedia article wrote:However, as AM2 told Kikizo in the summer, there will be no online play for any version of the game.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

not just souLLy now wrote:What is wrong with you???!? Fosters is horrible, filthy piss. It's down there with Carling and Fosters as being almost undrinkable. It is cheap though.
Agreed 100% Fosters is basically the best of a bad bunch and as for Carling........ :puke:
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Matisfaction wrote:
not just souLLy now wrote:What is wrong with you???!? Fosters is horrible, filthy piss. It's down there with Carling and Fosters as being almost undrinkable. It is cheap though.
Agreed 100% Fosters is basically the best of a bad bunch and as for Carling........ :puke:
Well, Coors is my absolute favourite...
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

BoneyCork wrote:Fosters is one of the most popular lagers in the UK and in Europe (accounting for 82% of global sales). It's strange how it isn't so popular in Australia. i think it's a really nice lager.
It's piss.