About that gay marriage thing...

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
SkillsTakinPills
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: About that gay marriage thing...

Post by SkillsTakinPills »

|darc| wrote:
melancholy wrote:
SkillsTakinPills wrote:Since no animal eats humans on the regular, people getting gayer through the generations is what can stop the humans.
Right, like the entire human race will eventually become gay. That is a ridiculous statement.
I love how you all take Skills seriously. He's nothing but a great big troll.
Look, I'm not just some random_troll that doesn't make sense. You just can't stand someone having a different opinion than you. And you hate it even worse when they bring up better points than you. And I AM the manifestation of both. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I.M. Weasel wrote:Right, 'stop the humans'. Two words: Nuclear Bombs.
But natural selection can't create nuclear bombs.
Last edited by SkillsTakinPills on Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Real recognize real, and fake I can't relate.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

DaMadFiddler wrote:03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
Kinda like the guy who went on jerry springer & married a horse? (it later left him though)
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

[quote="SkillsTakinPills"You just can't stand someone having a different opinion than you. And you hate it even worse when they bring up better points than you.[/quote]

I think it's fine you have a different opinion. I just don't want you to think that "Lions are fitter than rabbits" is a good defense of your opinion.

STP wrote:But natural selection can't create nuclear bombs.
Humans can and humans are part of nature. Therefore, nature created nuclear bombs.
SkillsTakinPills
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Roofus wrote: I think it's fine you have a different opinion. I just don't want you to think that "Lions are fitter than rabbits" is a good defense of your opinion.

STP wrote:But natural selection can't create nuclear bombs.
Humans can and humans are part of nature. Therefore, nature created nuclear bombs.
You are bringing up non-sense. You're the one that said corrective lenses threw survival of the fittest out the window. I am telling you that the only factor survival of the fittest depends on is reproductive rates.

And I was saying that while lions are stonger, faster, and are killing machines compared to rabbits, they don't exactly have the numbers that suggest they will survive longer than rabbits.

So get your reading comprehension skill up.
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

You are bringing up non-sense.
I don't see how, your statement about how "natural selection can't create nuclear bombs" shows a gross misunderstanding of what natural selection is. All I said was that since humans are a part of nature, then everything humans create is created by nature.
You're the one that said corrective lenses threw survival of the fittest out the window.

That's true, but we still need to eat. Humans can protect themselves from the effects of a nuclear war to some extent (fallout shelters, radiation suits, etc.) but almost everything else would die. Natural selection may not apply to us anymore, but the need for food and water still does.
I am telling you that the only factor survival of the fittest depends on is reproductive rates.
And I am telling you that's wrong. Birth rates certainly help, but you also need to be reasonably well adapted to the ecosystem you find yourself in; unless you think rabbits can survive next to a hydrothermal vent.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Um, you're both wrong. "Survival of the fittest" doesn't mean "survival of the strongest" or "survival of the most horny." It means "survival of the fittest to survive," meaning that anything that makes them fit to survive by definition makes them the fittest, whether it be higher reproductive rates, strength, or ability to adapt to surroundings.

We are the most fit to survive because we are able to adapt to nearly anything. It doesn't through survival of the fittest out the window, it reinforces the idea.
It's thinking...
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

We are the most fit to survive because we are able to adapt to nearly anything. It doesn't through survival of the fittest out the window, it reinforces the idea.
You're right. I admit I was confusing natural selection (the process by which undesirable traits are weeded out of a species) with "survival of the fittest" (simply being able to survive. What I should have said way back in my first post is that natural selection was taken out of the equation.
SkillsTakinPills
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

|darc| wrote:Um, you're both wrong. "Survival of the fittest" doesn't mean "survival of the strongest" or "survival of the most horny." It means "survival of the fittest to survive," meaning that anything that makes them fit to survive by definition makes them the fittest, whether it be higher reproductive rates, strength, or ability to adapt to surroundings.

You don't understand. If something keeps reproducing, what is there to say it can't survive? It may not get enough food, water, light, or whatever else you think survival of the fittest means, but as long as it reproduces, then it is surviving. Complex as that.

And nuclear bombs are not made from nature. They're man made and created through man's ability to reason. Simple as that.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

SkillsTakinPills wrote:
|darc| wrote:Um, you're both wrong. "Survival of the fittest" doesn't mean "survival of the strongest" or "survival of the most horny." It means "survival of the fittest to survive," meaning that anything that makes them fit to survive by definition makes them the fittest, whether it be higher reproductive rates, strength, or ability to adapt to surroundings.

You don't understand. If something keeps reproducing, what is there to say it can't survive? It may not get enough food, water, light, or whatever else you think survival of the fittest means, but as long as it reproduces, then it is surviving. Complex as that.
Umm, that's what I just said.
It's thinking...
SkillsTakinPills
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

|darc| wrote:
SkillsTakinPills wrote:

Umm, that's what I just said.
Then good, then what you're saying is that you're right and I'm right and roofus is wrong. boom shakalaka
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Um, non-reproductive members of a species can also benefit the species.

A) They reduce the potential population, thereby ensuring survival of the species by not depleting resources.

B) In a group scenario, they can watch over the young and defenseless, perform other duties, etc. Also, they can be risked on more dangerous tasks without fear of their removal from society will cause a dip in reproductive ability.

Because, you see, survival of the fittest, is not an individual concept to be applied to the micro level. It is a huge concept on the macro level. Our individual drives to eat, drink, and fuck form a part of that, but are not the whole.

In short, SkillsTakinPills, you are a moron. And claiming victory does not make you the winner, just an ass.
No signature.
SkillsTakinPills
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

toastman wrote:Um, non-reproductive members of a species can also benefit the species.

A) They reduce the potential population, thereby ensuring survival of the species by not depleting resources.

B) In a group scenario, they can watch over the young and defenseless, perform other duties, etc. Also, they can be risked on more dangerous tasks without fear of their removal from society will cause a dip in reproductive ability.

Because, you see, survival of the fittest, is not an individual concept to be applied to the micro level. It is a huge concept on the macro level. Our individual drives to eat, drink, and fuck form a part of that, but are not the whole.

In short, SkillsTakinPills, you are a moron. And claiming victory does not make you the winner, just an ass.
hmmm, survival of the fittest isn't on the micro level, but it is on the macro level. Interesting, and I agree. That is why I say survival of the fittest has nothing to do with being strong, fast, smart, killing machine, or anything like that. Just reproductive rates. Even if rabbits are reproducing too fast, it'll just be a short famine for the rabbits on a macro level, then once they die from famine or wolves or whatever predator, then it's back to normal. BUT reproduction is the only way to ensure that your species will survive. It matters NOT how much you can adapt or survive the elements of weather or current conditions, if you don't have offspring, then you don't have survival.

In short, if you don't have children then you are not helping us carry on the human race. Does that mean they should die? Not neccessarily, but they should get help and treatment that is available.

And A and B make no sense. We aren't talking about people that are infertile, we're talking about gay people. They choose to be that way. They can still reproduce, but there's some chemical imbalance in their head that makes them like that.

A) Fuck that. Human reasoning should be able to handle the overflow of population by advancing technologies and using new replenishable resources. In time. In time. I'm reminded of this small town in America called Houma. After Hurricane Katrina, they saw their small town almost triple in size. Nobody thought they could handle it, but they eventually adapted and all is well. It's not so much that we can't adapt to higher populations, it's just that we don't want too.

B) I wouldn't let some gay person watch over my young and defensless children. It's hard enough trusting straight people, but it seems like you're just asking for it if you let a gay person watch the young and defenseless.
But I do agree they can be used for other tasks.

In even shorter, SkillsTakinPills must be takin them smart pills. And I never claimed victory. I just said I was right, |darc| was right, and roofus is wrong. That statement was backed up by |darc| himself. Are you trying to argue with |darc|? And if I was to claim victory, it would be just to state the obvious.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

In short, if you don't have children then you are not helping us carry on the human race. Does that mean they should die? Not neccessarily, but they should get help and treatment that is available.
You're an idiot.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Lartrak wrote:
You're an idiot.
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

I'm locking this...