mp3 player

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Sir C.A.T
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

mp3 player

Post by Sir C.A.T »

I was wondering about what would be a good mp3 player. I was looking at the iPod Nano because of it would be easy to run with and it has the option for Nike+ which looks interesting. The only downfall is that the 8 GB Nano is the same price as a 30 GB regular sized iPod. I was wondering what any of you guys think. Also, are there some other good mp3 players that would be good for working out. Thanks a lot.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Next month Sandisk is putting out the Sandisk Express. OLED screen, FM Tuner, 1gb onboard with microSD slot so you can do 2gb. Not sure yet if it's stackable or overtakes the onboard. $60 right now.

Totally getting one for myself. I've heard conflicting reports on whether you can drag and drop MP3s onto the the thing USB drive style or if it requires an app to sync data onto it like Windows Media Player.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

If you are looking strictly at mp3, I would see the sansa m2xx line. m240s (1gb) go for around $40.

A good MP3/Video player mix is the Sansa e2xx line. From what I hear, Rockbox is being developed for it with Sandisk help, so this is a good sign for extended usage.

Overall, Sandisk has good products and an easy RMA system. Only positives from me.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

APE wrote:Next month Sandisk is putting out the Sandisk Express. OLED screen, FM Tuner, 1gb onboard with microSD slot so you can do 2gb. Not sure yet if it's stackable or overtakes the onboard. $60 right now.
Gah, I just bought my wife a c250 last night. Oh well, the only benefit between this one and the one I just bought her is that it doesn't require a cable to hook it up. At any rate, I totally agree with you. Sansas are the way to go.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

APE wrote:Next month Sandisk is putting out the Sandisk Express. OLED screen, FM Tuner, 1gb onboard with microSD slot so you can do 2gb. Not sure yet if it's stackable or overtakes the onboard. $60 right now.

Totally getting one for myself. I've heard conflicting reports on whether you can drag and drop MP3s onto the the thing USB drive style or if it requires an app to sync data onto it like Windows Media Player.
Damn you! I posted probably like a few seconds after you!
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Creative makes some pretty good stuff.
Sir C.A.T
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by Sir C.A.T »

Alright. Really, my maine niche about the iPod is the ability for Nike+. I also believe it would take quite a while to fill 8 gigs due to my whole mp3 collection is, like, a gig.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I still think that iPods are the best as a hard drive based music player. But for flash players, the Nano is just too expensive for the little it can do and the Shuffles are a joke.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Check out Apple's Refurbed site... you can get some sweetass deals on the last gen nanos if you're really looking for the Nike+ thing.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

If you're looking for a flash-based player, I would recommend the Sandisk Sansa e200 series. They're cheap, they're well designed, and they have a ton of features. They come in ranges from 2 to 8 GB, have a MicroSD slot, FM radio (/recorder), video playback, and a user-replaceable battery.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Creative's Zen Vision:M is by far the best MP3 player I've ever used. It's also cheaper than the equivalent storage iPod.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

I heart my Rio, It has lasted 8 months, and I am rather rough on mp3 players.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

melancholy wrote:I still think that iPods are the best as a hard drive based music player. But for flash players, the Nano is just too expensive for the little it can do and the Shuffles are a joke.
Shuffles are almost at the size you can make it into a buttplugg. Seriously. Have it output FM and use a set of FM headphones to receive it and noone can steal it unless they want to add rape charges to their rap sheet.

And I suppose those people who are strange could give it remote vibration functionality.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

Since you seem to be only trying to decide if you should get the flash based or hdd based ipod, i'd suggest the nano if your going to be running with it.

My 20gb ipod, after taking it with me every where, went through 3 hdd's before i got my new 80gb (made sure i got the damn warranty this time)

i've had other mp3 players,an archos jukebox which wasn't bad, and a dell jukebox which wasn't bad either. But with my music collection (4100 songs) itunes was exactly what i wanted. I was using musicmatch jukebox before it, but itunes is just really nice and easy to make everything organized.
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

MKE wrote:Since you seem to be only trying to decide if you should get the flash based or hdd based ipod, i'd suggest the nano if your going to be running with it.
That isn't his decision at all, considering he said he only has about one gig worth of music. Hard drive based MP3 players are totally unnecessary for him.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

APE wrote:
melancholy wrote:I still think that iPods are the best as a hard drive based music player. But for flash players, the Nano is just too expensive for the little it can do and the Shuffles are a joke.
Shuffles are almost at the size you can make it into a buttplugg. Seriously. Have it output FM and use a set of FM headphones to receive it and noone can steal it unless they want to add rape charges to their rap sheet.

And I suppose those people who are strange could give it remote vibration functionality.
I have both a 30 gb iPod and a 1 gb Shuffle. (Got the Shuffle for free.) I use the Shuffle much more than the 30 gb iPod, simply because I can clip it to gym shorts without problems.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

melancholy wrote:
MKE wrote:Since you seem to be only trying to decide if you should get the flash based or hdd based ipod, i'd suggest the nano if your going to be running with it.
That isn't his decision at all, considering he said he only has about one gig worth of music. Hard drive based MP3 players are totally unnecessary for him.
in his post he noticed that the 8gb ipod was the same price as the 30gb ipod. He doesnt seem interested in getting another brand mp3 player, because he want's/would use the nike+ thing. so i assumed that the only thing he was trying to decide was get the lower capacity flash based one, or the higher capacity hdd based one.
Sir C.A.T
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by Sir C.A.T »

Yeah, I don't know though. Because the more I look at the Nike+ thing it really isn't worth it. Also, the video and video podcasts are a kind of fun thing about the regular iPods.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Video? Get a PSP.
Ipod's video is great, but PSP's video is better.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

yes, but as a music player it's not that practical. Plus, you'd be spending 250$ on a new psp w/ only 1gb of storage space. with an ipod, yes your getting a smaller screen. but your getting a smaller device (easier to put in your pocket and run/do anything with) and way more storage space.