Anyone have a extra Wavebird receiver hanging around?

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Anyone have a extra Wavebird receiver hanging around?

Post by royhubbs »

Ive searched my room high and low for my wavebird receiver thing that plugs into the controller port , But I can't seem to find it. Nintendo sells them on their site for $16 plus shipping which is half the price of a new controller, so im just wondering, well more like hoping someone has an exta one , because they broke a controller or something. Id be willing to send some money through paypal or money order. I know its a longshot but what the heck.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I have one! I loaned my 'Cube to UCSC for a video game competition a couple years back, and one of my WaveBirds got stolen. They replaced it...but the thief didn't take the receiver.

Give me your zip code so I can figure out how much it would cost to send, and I'd be happy to get it to you.
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

If that's not an insane stroke of luck for you, Roy, I don't know what is :lol:
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by royhubbs »

Yea, tell me about it.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

I didn't think anyone would even respond to this. I think there were better odds of the Houston Texans winning a Super Bowl in the next 5 years than finding just a Wavebird receiver.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

You can thank an idiotic thief at a college video game tournament from two years ago :P

Idiot stole my platinum Wavebird (with high-capacity NiMH batteries in it, no less), but left the receiver block behind. It very well may have just ended up in with the wrong person's stuff, and that person was too stupid / dishonest to bring it back. The people running the tournament were kind enough to buy me a new Wavebird and a new pair of batteries, but I've had this extra receiver sitting in my box of spare parts for the last couple years.

My PayPal address is thewalkman@seanbaby.com; send me $5 and we'll call it even.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

royhubbs wrote:Man, I stole this Wavebird at this tournament two years ago, but I forgot to take the goddamn receiver! I wonder if anyone has a spare one...
It's thinking...
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

I've found a bunch dumpster diving at ebgames. Always a good place to check for random shit.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

|darc| wrote:
royhubbs wrote:Man, I stole this Wavebird at this tournament two years ago, but I forgot to take the goddamn receiver! I wonder if anyone has a spare one...
:guffaw:
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

DaMadFiddler wrote:You can thank an idiotic thief at a college video game tournament from two years ago :P

Idiot stole my platinum Wavebird (with high-capacity NiMH batteries in it, no less), but left the receiver block behind. It very well may have just ended up in with the wrong person's stuff, and that person was too stupid / dishonest to bring it back. The people running the tournament were kind enough to buy me a new Wavebird and a new pair of batteries, but I've had this extra receiver sitting in my box of spare parts for the last couple years.

My PayPal address is thewalkman@seanbaby.com; send me $5 and we'll call it even.
So how exactly did you end up with a seanbaby email address?
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by royhubbs »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
|darc| wrote:
:guffaw:
yes its true, it was me.

oh and I sent the $5 to you paypal
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

butters wrote:So how exactly did you end up with a seanbaby email address?
http://www.EvilEmail.com

They have much better domains now, but when I signed up you could only get one from one of the sites in the network (Seanbaby, OldManMurray, etc.). It also, however, apparently costs money to sign up now...which is kind of sad, because it isn't a particularly good service. I signed up in '99 or 2000, while I was in high school. It was free then, and it remains free to me since I'm a legacy user. I set it up as my address for online purchases and email newsletters, and that's the main reason I hold onto it. I have a separate one that I use for regular correspondence.