loz link to the past on vc

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Yonke »

mariokart64 for the next monday!!!!!!!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/757/757738p1.html
IGN:

Mario Kart 64 Hits VC Next Week
NOA makes it official.
by Matt Casamassina

January 23, 2007 - Nintendo of America revealed on Tuesday that it would make Mario Kart 64 available to the Wii Shopping Channel next week. The acclaimed racer marks the second N64 title released for the Virtual Console.

Mario Kart 64 pits players in control of classic racers and challenges them to navigate a series of twisting, turning environments while using special power-ups. The title's single-player mode was fun, but the game will always be remembered for its addictive multiplayer offering -- IGN's own editors spent too many hours to count battling in some of its many arenas.
[img][/img]
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Very neat...though I think MarioKart DS has managed to supplant 64 as the definitive entry of the series. Also, it's releases like that which make you really wish they'd gone the extra step and implemented some sort of 'Net play. Most of the emulators do it...no reason the folks who MADE it can't.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
The second, and more important, is that I haven't really come to terms with the notion of commercial digital distribution. I still buy all my music on CD and all my movies on DVD, and rip it all myself. It's higher quality, and the data is more mobile that way. I expect to continue doing this until digital media is easily available DRM-free, in a lossless format, at a significantly lower cost than physical media (as it should be; you're not just paying for the content, you're paying for the security and convenience of a hard copy, as well as the "extras" of having the physical cover art, packaging, and anything artistic or content-wise they may put in the insert).

The quality isn't an issue with the VC (in fact, I'm pretty sure they will have better sound--if nothing else--than the GBA ports I already own), but I am very picky about both price and data portability with anything that is a commercial download. I want it to be in a lossless or otherwise high-quality format (for audiovisual media), I want to be able to back it up at will, and I want to be able to move it between devices. Even my GBA cartridges beat the VC games in that respect; I can play them on my GameCube with the Gameboy Player, or I can take them on the road with my DS. If the Virtual Console offered a way to play 8- and 16-bit titles on the DS as well, I might be less critical. For just the barebones games, which ONLY run on YOUR Wii, have no enhancements, and don't even include manuals or anything else, I don't feel they're a good buy.
this kinda concerns me also. what happens when the next generation comes out ? will we have to keep or wii's hooked up just to play these, or could we register the serial number on the wii and redownload the games to the new console ? what if my wii console dies in 10 years ? repair probably wont be a option, do we lose the 20-30 games we have downloaded ?

great news about mario kart 64. i will definitely get that.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Oni Lynx
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Oni Lynx »

As long as they fixed the framerate for 4-player MK64. I remember they said they'd tweak the games a bit (framerate issues and such), so I hope to God they fixed it up.
I'll be buying both MK64 and LoZ:LttP regardless, though.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Oni Lynx wrote:As long as they fixed the framerate for 4-player MK64. I remember they said they'd tweak the games a bit (framerate issues and such), so I hope to God they fixed it up.
Just curious if there was a reason that you posted this in green... :)
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

MulletMan13 wrote:
Oni Lynx wrote:As long as they fixed the framerate for 4-player MK64. I remember they said they'd tweak the games a bit (framerate issues and such), so I hope to God they fixed it up.
A quick check of their other posts indicates all posts (I only checked 2 others) are in green. They like the colour perhaps? ;)
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

DaMadFiddler wrote:Most of the emulators do it...no reason the folks who MADE it can't.
With a level of complexity that most end-users can't do.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

pavelbure wrote: this kinda concerns me also. what happens when the next generation comes out ? will we have to keep or wii's hooked up just to play these, or could we register the serial number on the wii and redownload the games to the new console ? what if my wii console dies in 10 years ? repair probably wont be a option, do we lose the 20-30 games we have downloaded ?

Linked to your my nintendo account.
Oni Lynx
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Oni Lynx »

Skynet wrote:
MulletMan13 wrote:
A quick check of their other posts indicates all posts (I only checked 2 others) are in green. They like the colour perhaps? ;)
Yep, that's the only reason. I do this on every forum I visit. But, if it means something else, I have no problem changing it.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Egotistical EvilN wrote:
pavelbure wrote: this kinda concerns me also. what happens when the next generation comes out ? will we have to keep or wii's hooked up just to play these, or could we register the serial number on the wii and redownload the games to the new console ? what if my wii console dies in 10 years ? repair probably wont be a option, do we lose the 20-30 games we have downloaded ?

Linked to your my nintendo account.
Irrelevant, if the feature gets discontinued in a later product cycle...or if they change it in such a way to make it incompatible with this generation's purchases. This is the problem with proprietary media, whether it be a custom storage method or a DRM scheme.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

in a lossless format
You want lossless and yet you buy DVDs? Go LaserDisc dude! :P
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

all VC purchases are linked to the console, and you can download games you bought as many times as you need to as long as your wii is still kicking. i do recall nintendo stating that they will(do?) have some kind of recovering system for people who's wiis are destroyed, so that they can don't have to buy the games again and can just riidownload (sorry) them. how it works is beyond me as my wii still works, and i've never known anyone who has broken a nintendo console.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Covar wrote:...i've never known anyone who has broken a nintendo console.
You must have never known anybody who had an original NES.

I'll be getting Mario Kart 64, and I'm still debating LTTP. Twilight Princess was the first LoZ game I actually completed.