Got into the Halo 3 beta

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Got into the Halo 3 beta

Post by SinisterTengu »

Looks like I won't have to buy Crackdown to get into the Halo 3 beta. Though I may buy it anyways if its any good..anyways, I got an email 13 hours ago saying the following:
Congratulations Derek Bradley, you have been chosen to participate in the Halo® 3 beta.

In order to participate, you must have access to:
-An Xbox 360TM Pro console or Xbox 360 Core console with hard drive
-A valid Xbox Live® Gold subscription

Keep an eye on your inbox, we will be sending more information about this opportunity soon.

*Limit one Halo 3 beta invite per person/Xbox Live gamertag. Your invitation is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The beta is available in English only.
Anybody else get their invite?
neoak
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by neoak »

nope
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

That's cool. When's it running ?

No doubt videos and reviews will be all over the web but make sure to let us know how it runs. Nothing like hearing it first person.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

How do you become legible to get into it? Do they just pick any random Live member?
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:How do you become legible to get into it?
http://www.handwritingforkids.com/handwrite/
It's thinking...
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

|darc| wrote:
Har har. You should drop latin classes and become a comedian!
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

A public beta for a console game? Seems like we've entered a new era of QA laziness...

edit: or marketing cheapness )()(
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Eh? They've been doing public betas for a while. Socom 2, Everquest for the ps2, Battlefield 2142, FFXI pc and ps2 are the ones that come off my head. Open betas like FFXI for the 360 are relatively new for the console platform.

Halo 3 would've made a better open beta purely for the fact you'll have every 360 owner willing to hammer the hell out of your game as opposed to the limited figure they selected. Some of which have reported they don't own 360s or don't even play Halo. Said they signed up because everyone else was.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

|darc| wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with that sentence, unless I just miss used the word "legible". Did I pull an EvilN?
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:
|darc| wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with that sentence, unless I just miss used the word "legible". Did I pull an EvilN?
Yeah, you did pull an EvilN. :lol: "Legible" means able to read, like "legible handwriting." The word you're looking for is "eligible," meaning "qualified for."

:kudos:
It's thinking...
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

I think the reason they are doing a public beta is to test out new network code. 16-player battles could get quite laggy in Halo 2, and I've heard that Halo 3 can have greater than 16-player matches. Also since the game isn't going to come out for another 6+ months, and Bill Gates originally said Halo 3 would launch the same day as the PS3, they probably feel a little pressured to let us play something ;)

Originally there was just a sign-up for the beta, but thats over. There's still two ways to get into the beta. One is by buying special marked copies of Crackdown when it comes out Feb 20. To get into it free, they have this weird Rule of Three program/contest thingie explained in this excerpt from the Halo 3 website
The "Rule of Three" program is currently planned for gamers (17 years and older) in the 50 United States (includes District of Columbia) and Canada who have access to an Xbox 360 Pro console or an Xbox 360 Core console with hard drive, a valid Xbox Live Gold subscription and the Halo 2 game.

It is a two-step process:
1. Participate in at least three hours of Halo 2 multiplayer sessions on your Xbox 360 console via Xbox Live during the three (3) day period beginning February 1st at 12:01 am EST and ending February 3rd at 11:59 pm EST.
2. After the three day window is over, head back over to http://www.halo3.com on February 5th and register.

If you are one of the FIRST 13,333 to do this (and meet the above requirements) you will receive an invite notification in February to participate in the Halo 3 Beta.
Honestly Crackdown doesn't sound like a bad game and if it gets good reviews I'll still buy it. I was planning on definately buying it just for the beta because I thought I had registered too late. My friend had registered like a month before me, and when I talked to him last night, he didn't get the email! Hopefully he still will because I almost always played Halo 2 with him.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I don't have Halo 2 yet. I ordered it free from MS Expertzone, but idk if I'll have it in time. I may just buy Crackdown instead. I'm trading in a lot of my older games to get new ones, and the demo I downloaded isn't too bad.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

I have Crackdown preordered... apparently only the first 100k copies of the game include a beta key. In any case, I should be in... and the Crackdown demo is awesome FYI
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Gamestop and EB are guarenteing all preorders will get in the beta. If they don't they're going to be refunding my pre-order.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

ill take my chances on the first 13,333 to register online. looking forward to the page crashing.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I just placed my pre-order. I mainly just want the Halo 3 beta, but I'm sure Crackdown is good too. I may have to cancel before it's shipped though if we run into a tight spot with money, and since it doesn't ship for another month I'll have plenty of time to think about it (and probably another job by then).
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

bump

Crackdown comes out Tuesday. Anyone happen to know if the Halo 3 beta opens up the same day, or at a later undisclosed date? I Googled it and didn't find anything, and there's no info on the official site.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I got a free copy of the Xbox 360 magazine today. No way Id actually pay for it. I mean the demos are FREE to download so thats a waste of a DVD. Now adays I just don't trust a magazine that caters to just 1 game system. Needless to say everything in this magazine favors Microsoft.

Even so the article about Crackdown gave it just a average review. Claims the game gets boring because your doing the same thing over and over again. I played the demo and that is actually how I felt about the game.

Long story short I wouldn't recommend buying this game just for a Halo 3 invite. Be patience and save yourself $60.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

I think Crackdown looks like crap and i dislike the Halo series i will be spending no money :lol:
XtremeWRATH-360 Gamertag
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

i got an invite e-mail a few days ago.
*The Cadillac of signatures*