Update 1/13/07

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Update 1/13/07

Post by |darc| »

Unfortunately since the semester has just started I haven't had much time this week to make improvements to the site, but I have updated with the following:
  • Each site section and the forums now have a favicon icon in your browser, this is a simple one I made, but I hope in the future to update with a better one
  • The Anti-Bot Question hack which requires a user to answer a question to register (this is supposed to prevent bots from signing up) has been updated; hopefully we see a reduction in the annoying bots with this new version
  • The Avatar-on-Index hack on subSilver has been fixed
  • The Change Style on Index script was removed for guests (this functionality was broken)
  • The front page news script, Coranto, has been updated to work with an SQL database instead of a flat text file as before
  • The front page recent forum posts script has been redone restrict displayed topics to those in Dreamcast-related forums and not repeat topics (new posts will bump topics to the top instead of repeat them)
  • The old main site's cgi scripts have been restored to work again
It's thinking...
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ace »

Could we just use the dreamcast swirl or something for the icon? No offense, because I know you've been working really hard on the site... but that icon is brutal.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Delete me.
PuNkRoCkEr
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by PuNkRoCkEr »

i say the dreamcast swirl would be great
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

ace wrote:Could we just use the dreamcast swirl or something for the icon? No offense, because I know you've been working really hard on the site... but that icon is brutal.
It's going to be changed. He already got with me on it, but I currently do not have a working computer, and thus no means to make a better icon. When my parts arrived from Newegg next week and I can finally rebuild my computer, I'll make something better. For now, the current icon is only a placeholder.