Anybody here want to buy a ps3?

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Anybody here want to buy a ps3?

Post by Veggita2099 »

Was at walmart and somebody had just brought one back. I went ahead and bought it. I don't want the thing personally but I figured there might be somebody on here wanting one. I will sell it for exact cost if anybody wants it here? This is the 20 gigabyte version and it looks like it has that free movie with it as well. Its un-opened and I have the receipt. If paypal is used for payment I will have to charge more to make up for the paypal fee's.

Exact cost is $500 plus $30 tax. I imagine shipping will be about $25 in the States. Basically if anybody wants it I will let it go for $560 shipped in sthe states (charging handling because I will have to take the time to mail it, plus shipping supplies etc.)

First person to reply gets it. Reply first then PM me if interested. I can take Paypal and Money Orders. Once again if Paypal is used I will have to charge more to cover the Paypal fee's.

If nobody wants it I will put it on ebay.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Heh, I saw one get returned at Target the other day and was going to do the same thing (get some credit reward points), but it was the 60gb version and I only have about $560 left on my line of credit after the holidays =\

Good luck!
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

I was just at Best Buy in Richmond (VA), and they had a floor display of like 7 600 gig PS3's. I don't know if they were just empty boxes, or if they really did have that many in stock (I can't imagine that they would have them in stock).
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
SlammedNiss
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by SlammedNiss »

co-worker was as hasting's today, and said they have 5 sitting in the case.
Cyphix
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Cyphix »

The target near me has 5 60Gb :|
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

We have 10 sitting in out backroom right now.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Bah I think Sony has held on to them waiting for Christmas to end. Now I am debating if I should keep it or take it back. I suppose it does play my ps1 and ps2 games. Id finnally have a reason to sell my PS2 for sure. That is sure to bring me $100 at least I imagine? Plus now that I got a HD TV it would come in handy. I thought the Ps3 automatically came with the hd cables? From what I see on the box it just says standard cords. That was actually one of the few things said positive about the ps3.

Thing is there is not 1 single game on it worth a crap ATM, at least that isn't on 360 all-ready.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Do not keep the 20GB. It is crap. Unless you never, ever plan to hook it up to the internet, stay the goddamn hell away from the 20GB. It has no wi-fi, no card reader ports (more useful than you'd think), and really just isn't great.

And, to be honest, the system sucks regardless at the moment. Its killer app, Resistance, is shameful. Just goddamn shameful. As generic and boring as a shooter can be.
Very sexy hero, omg
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Yeah, even if you do consider keeping it, I still wouldn't just because it's the 20 gig version. Take it back.
deemoney
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by deemoney »

he already opened it
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Rocky wrote:he already opened it
So I noticed in his other topic. Such a mistake.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

take it back and say it didnt work....

i'd take it, but i really dont want a ps3. not untill they release at least 1, maybe 2 good games. (for me- an ace combat or atv off road fury game)
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

curt_grymala wrote:I was just at Best Buy in Richmond (VA), and they had a floor display of like 7 600 gig PS3's. I don't know if they were just empty boxes, or if they really did have that many in stock (I can't imagine that they would have them in stock).
It wouldn't surpise me a bit if they did. On at least three separate occasions, at least the 20 gig, if not a 60 gig or two have been in stock while I was in an EBgames/Gamestop. One of those times was the the day after Thanksgiving. At least in m neck of the woods, everyone wants a Wii, a nintendo DS, or is taking advantage of the various 360 deals as of late (at least according to the sales people around here).
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Now that I look at it really I think this is my best course of action. Well when I say its my best that is between rather to own a 20 or 60 gig system. Far as internet goes I might sometimes download some demo's, but for that I have a setup to do that. Basically I just unplug it and hook it to my PC through a ati PCI tv tuner. Doing this puts it close enough to my router thus I can download updates, demos, etc. Same goes for my Xbox 360 actually. Far as the memory card readers go I couldn't care less. I know none of my friends will ever own a PS3 system because they are too cheap. Shoot one buddy of mine just now got a normal Xbox off ebay about 1 month ago.

As for the wireless connection that would have been nice, but its not worth $100 to me. As for the extra 40 gig of space I don't think I need it. I don't see me holding more then 8 or 9 demos at a time and 20 gig is plenty of room for save games.

The only thing I must have is the HD connection. As it stands Kameo looks better then Fall of Man on my Ps3. For years I always wondered what the fuss was over those cables. Now that I actually have a decent TV it is very clear. I have found them on ebay for around $17 shipped Buy It Now.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

i was just up at target and they had 2 60 gig models there. 3 different people walked up, looked at the price, then walked away. last night there was 1 at circuit city. seems these things will be plentiful soon.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
SlammedNiss
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by SlammedNiss »

pavelbure wrote:i was just up at target and they had 2 60 gig models there. 3 different people walked up, looked at the price, then walked away. last night there was 1 at circuit city. seems these things will be plentiful soon.
yup, and I still haven't seen any Wii's sitting on a shelf yet. Looks like Nintendo might finally be makind a comeback.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Tomorrow will definitely be interesting. All Best Buys will have no less than 24 on hand at every store. We will finally be able to gauge the demand of the PS3 now that a major retailer will have a big stock of them.
Synlor
Official DCEMU Stalker
Official DCEMU Stalker

Post by Synlor »

I was at work today (Wal-Mart) and they kept paging over the intercom about having PS3s in stock the whole 8 hours I was there (12 to 8). When I left they still had several of each model. I asked my brother who works back in electronics, and he said only one was sold all day.
Thanks to Digital Chaos, GoldbergWWE, and ace for the avatar, sig, and badge!
http://devcast.dcemulation.com
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

The tables have turned. At first, nobody gave a shit about the Wii and everyone wanted a PS3. Then shortly before Christmas, the lameness of the PS3 soaked in with everyone who had one or had wanted one, and now our phone is ringing off the hook with phone calls regarding the Wii and our next shipment.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

melancholy wrote:Tomorrow will definitely be interesting. All Best Buys will have no less than 24 on hand at every store. We will finally be able to gauge the demand of the PS3 now that a major retailer will have a big stock of them.
I wouldn't be suprised if some of them aren't sold. They are simply over priced for the casual gamer, and unless one is a fanboy, I would suspect hardcore gamers realize the platform isn't stable right now.