O Holy Night

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

O Holy Night

Post by Roofus »

The Sneeze wrote:The holidays are built on tradition, which means it's time for us to gather around the yule log and listen to that insane rendition of O Holy Night.

It has been a year, and it remains as beautifully horrible as I remember. (Here it is, presented in magical streaming whatever-it-is that makes it work.)

What I love about it is just when you think it couldn't possibly get any worse, it does. By a lot. And it does this more than once, building to the most glorious mess I've ever heard. I smile every time I hear it.

It is still not known if this recording is terrible on purpose, but amazingly the consensus is that it is a legitimate attempt. The singer still hasn't been identified, but I did receive this email last year which might fill in a few of the blanks...
Steve,

I received a copy of that song at least 2, maybe 3 Christmas seasons ago after hearing it at our youth group meeting.

My friend Chris said that he received the song from the good folks at CIY (Christ In Youth). CIY is an organization that puts on huge youth conferences on college campuses, usually over the summer.

Chris is on one of their leadership committees and the story goes that that recording was circulated amongst the committee after it had been submitted as an audition tape. CIY typically has singing or talent night (at least I remember they used to) and this recording is a serious audition tape. No joke. It's serious.

I play that song every year for my high school students to lighten them up before they take their Fall semester exams. I have heard that mp3 circulate from time to time, most notably hearing it on NPR's Annoying Music Minute a couple of years ago. Now it is truly famous, thanks Steve.

Jeremiah
Here's the mention of it on NPR's "Annoying Music" from 2002 (with no info on the singer, either).

Perhaps it's better left a Christmas mystery. But if you have any further insight, the COMMENT BOARD IS OPEN.

Link to the page
Link to the song
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Wow, i managed to finish it. That was... incredible.
I feel so Christmassy now.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

That was amazing.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

lol...well that certinly put a smile on my face :D
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

Christmas Bump
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

Oh.... dear.... :o
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Brilliant! It really starts getting good around 1:12...if only I were capable of such ingenious artistic insight.
Sir C.A.T
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by Sir C.A.T »

That was beautiful...

Really makes me wanna listen to it sang by a good choir though : /. We were going to sing this in choir... but we didn't sing it good enough :(.