My Window-Mod (pictures)

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
nexin
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

My Window-Mod (pictures)

Post by nexin »

Hey Guys.

Here is my first mod. The Window goes along with the shape of the pyramid drawn on top of the dreamcast. I sawed it with a jitsaw and it was pretty complicated and tedious. I think next time Ill make a window that is a bit simpler to saw. under the lid there are three leds to light the cd-tray. What you don't see is the battery pack I put in the place where the modem used to be. this battery-pack is not only for the internal clock put also powers a led that is positioned next to the standart power-on-light, so that when turned off the power-on-light glows very softly. next to the battery-pack connector I put in the 1A-fuse that replaces the f1-resistor so when it breaks its really easy to swap. I read the thing with the fuse here in this forum and its really a great thing because now I have full power for all peripherals. but you dont see the fuse and the battery pack unless you open the modem-lid.
I think it looks quite good but see yourself.

Here are some pictures:

ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

Genious! I love the idea of extending the F1 resistor out to the modem port and then replacing it with a fuse. Very easy to change should it ever break. Curious, what type of math did you do to figure out the proper amp fuse to use?
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by HomerCIDAL »

Brilliant! Great job on the lights and bypassing the potential f1 resistor problems!
semicolo
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by semicolo »

does the fuse blow easyly ?
nexin
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by nexin »

by now it hasn't even broken once. but my gaming friend is on holidays and i don't like playing alone! but the first time since i have my dreamcast i can use two vmu and a rumble pack. with this constellation everything runs perfect. but actually thats all peripherials I have, so i won't be able to try out it's limits. sorry.
david
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Very Nicely done. You also get a cookie for originality and accolade on how clean it turned out.