PS3 vs. Xbox360

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.

Which wins, PS3 or Xbox360?

PS3
7%
Xbox360
93%

Total votes: 27
HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by HomerCIDAL »

Veggita2099 wrote:Considering most people here hate Sony this poll won't amount to much. I still vote for 360 though just because its cheaper and has more games on it that look enjoyable.
I don't hate Sony...per se...but they should be thinking about the gamers and not what they can possibly cram into a next-gen system and make gaming seem to be an afterthought for the system.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

I've actually played both. Right now, the 360 trounces the crap out of the PS3.

If you want to compare launches, they're about equal at launch. PS3 costs a bit more, but I'd say Resistance is a better game than PDZ (both of which are pretty mediocre). However, you do have a decent amount of multi-platform stuff for both, so it's really a wash.

One thing I can say about the PS3 is that the menu system sucks. Never liked the PS3 system, and it just over complicates everything (while looking totally amateurish at the same time). The settings are in crap places, and overall, it's just bleh.

So, right now? 360. In two years? Hard to say. I'd be betting on the 360, but if PS3 gets those Japanese RPGs/quirkier games, it could swing in Sony's favor. Wii will lose steam in six months (Gamecube stylee), or go the way of the DS and sell like hotcakes.
Very sexy hero, omg
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

I actually have both (see my other post) and I say that the 360 beats the PS3. And may always beat it, I mean if the next Grand Theft Auto isn't exclusive to the PS3, but Halo 3 is exlusive to 360...that right there would make me want a 360 more. The 360s online stuff is so much more organized too, the Gamerpoints system is pretty fun (I have a lowly 1500 while a friend of mine is over 30k :o ), its really the most polished system ever. If you can only get one system right now, get a 360. You will definately be happier with it immediately and in the short-term, and very likely the long term.

The two systems might have different areas where they are more powerful technically, but the truth is its not like how the PS2 had much crappier graphics than the Xbox. The race is much closer this time, and I have a feeling most titles that come to both systems will look identical, and then the systems leader titles such as Gears of War, Resistance, Halo 3, etc, those will just keep one-upping eachother graphically as they come out (although Resistance didn't really beat GoW, but then again its a 1st gen title).

And for those of you that bring up the Wii, stop kidding yourself. Its not in the same race. I don't even call it next-gen..and yes I do own one.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Add Virtua Fighter 5 to that - it's no longer a PS3 exclusive, which leaves pretty much just FFXIII and MGS4... For now.
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

Well yes there are a few more exlusive titles, as far as I know the Final Fantasy games are still mostly exclusive to PS3...and of course Gran Turismo. But I was just listing games that interesting me, namely GTA and Halo. I will definately get GT5 and MGS4. Although I have yet to play Snake Eater even though I bought it for my little brother on like Christmas '04.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

wasnt square saying they were open to other consoles at E3? (cant remember if it was 05 or 06)

as for exclusives:

too human
Fable 2
PGR 4

all look a lot more interesting to me then halo 3, but to each his own. the only ps3 exclusive i kinda wanted was the gundam game, but that apparently sucks so bad...
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007