Super Bowl Raffle for a PS3/Wii [for Red Cross]!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Super Bowl Raffle for a PS3/Wii [for Red Cross]!

Post by Nick »

I'm going to do a raffle for a Playstation 3 (60 GB) and a Nintendo Wii. Tickets are $15 each, with 100 available. The $15 will purchase you a lot of information on the Wii/PS3, which will be delivered to you via email. As a bonus for doing that, you will be entered in the charity raffle. That's just to avoid any legal problems.

The raffle winners will be determined by the Super Bowl.

The Playstation 3 raffle winner will be determined by how many yards passing the AFC starting quarterback accumulates. It will be the last two digits. I.e. if he has 265 yards passing, raffle ticket #65 will win the Playstation 3.

The Wii raffle winner will be determined by how many yards rushing the NFC team has. It will be the last two digits. I.e. if the team has 125 yards rushing, raffle ticket #25 winning the Wii.

Not my idea [thank eBay for it], but I thought it'd be a great way to raise some money for the Red Cross. All of the profits of the raffle will go to the Red Cross. The PS3 60GB + Wii, at retail, cost $910 (including tax). With $1,500 in tickets, minus the cost of shipping/Paypal fees/the items, the Red Cross donation will be around $450 - $500.

If anyone is interested, post here or PM me. I'd have to sell all 100 tickets for it to be fair. I have this listed on a few forums, so hopefully I can gather some support. So, if you like the idea, and want in, just post here (no obligation to pay required). Also, if you do like the idea please tell your friends/family/other forums.
Last edited by Nick on Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Very sexy hero, omg
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

cool idea but i doubt you will be able to sell a hundred tickes on this forum alone
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Yea, awesome idea but I really doubt that you'd be able to sell that many tickets here. I like the selection method though, very awesome.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Updated it with pics. There's just one raffle now, but all the proceeds go to the Red Cross. One ticket buys you a shot at winning both a Wii and PS3. Guess one or both right and it could be a good XMas holiday, methinks. And a good holiday for those the Red Cross benefits.

Cheers, thanks for the kind words. Again, not my idea, but I figured I'd take it out of the whole eBay context and revise it a bit.
Very sexy hero, omg
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

I've gotten about 6 or 7 people interested so far, which isn't much, but there's still time. If anyone who is interested would like to help me out, post it on some other forums you frequent. I posted it on Digital Press, DCEmu and DCH.

About $500 will go to charity if the raffle goes through.

By the way, in terms of legality, each participant will receive a personal email with lots of information on the PS3/Wii. What you're buying with the $20 is that. The raffle is just an incidental bonus. Just as a way to get around the suits.
Very sexy hero, omg
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

How do we know the $500 is really going to charity?
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Calavera wrote:How do we know the $500 is really going to charity?
Fair question. I'll give you four reasons.

1) The aforementioned screenshot of the successful donation via the Red Cross website. I'll do a series of them to prove that I went through the whole process. If they send me a letter/email confirmation, I'll post a picture of that as well.

2) My reputation would be staked on it. This is posted on three boards, on which I have about 5000 posts combined. I'm not going to cut and run for $500, which I can make in a normal month.

3) My eBay feedback. thegamesanctuary. Please feel free to confirm this by sending me a message through eBay's message system. I'm not out to scam anyone.

4) By sending me a Paypal payment [for the ticket], you'll see that I've had over 500 verified transactions. I'm not going to get my account closed and my credit ruined because I scammed people out of money.
Very sexy hero, omg
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

Nick's a trustworthy guy.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS